Regrets

Give me another chance






Jeongmin felt a bit nervous as this day was a very special one; it was the day of his wedding. He will marry the man that has been his boyfriend for two years. He thought it was a bit quick to marry but his boyfriend had told him he was the only one and that it didn’t matter how many years will pass so they might as well marry now. Honestly, Jeongmin didn’t believe any of it. He was sure his boyfriend only wanted to marry on the same day as his twin brother. There’s always been some kind of competition between the two; both of them refused to be the last one to marry. It was the same story when Youngmin started dating Hyunseong; Kwangmin couldn’t bear it so he decided to date Jeongmin.

’Seriously, how lame is this...’  Jeongmin thought as he was adjusting his necktie in front of the fitting room’s huge mirror. He was wearing a very simple white suit. He hated that outfit but Kwangmin choosed it for him. He realised most of the times, Kwangmin would be the one deciding everything. Not that Jeongmin minded , he couldn’t care less. He felt lifeless for so long that he lost any interest he had in anything. He couldn’t remember when was the last time he laughed. Maybe today would be the day he’d die, who knows ? Why was he even bothering thinking about this ? He wasn’t even brave enough to take his own life anyway.

’ Is there anyone on earth to save me from this misery ?’

There were loud knocks on the door followed by an excited voice “ Jeongminnie honey !!! Are you finished ? The ceremony is about to start !!!”. It was Kwangmin, Jeongmin’s soon-to-be husband.
Jeongmin sighed. Kwangmin was the only one to be happy about the whole thing. Jeongmin wondered why he had accepted to marry the other boy; then he remembered he didn’t have the strenght to refuse.

‘Just like that night...’ It happened a long time ago, they were still highschool students but Jeongmin still wondered if his life would have been different if he had pushed Kwangmin away at that time.

He closed the door behind him and followed Kwangmin to the ceremony hall. Kwangmin’s brother, Youngmin, and his boyfriend Hyunseong were already sitting on the special table prepared for the two couples on the church’s platform. Youngmin stood when he saw his brother and waved at him. He was wearing a soft pink suit matching his complexion perfectly. Jeongmin thought the boy looked stunning, way better than him and his ridiculous suit. He wished he was wearing that pink suit. He wished he was the one by Hyunseong’s side.
Kwangmin was holding Jeongmin’s hand while they sat next to the other couple. The twins complimented each other about their looks and giggled. As Jeongmin watched the crowd from the stage, he could spot the brothers’ mother; she was so happy for her sons that she was crying hot tears. Her husband stood next to her and patted her back. Hyunseong’s parents were not too far away from the twin’s. Their faces were plastered with a sad emotion as they looked at Jeongmin. They knew how much the boy loved their son and when Hyunseong announced them he would marry Youngmin they couldn’t believe their ears. Jeongmin was the one that was always there for Hyunseong and he was the one that the parents truely wanted their son to marry. As for Jeongmin’s parents, they highly disappproved of Jeongmin and Kwangming’s union so they weren’t attending the ceremony. Jeongmin didn’t really care. He also disapproved of his own marriage anyway.

 

“ Girls and boys, ladies and gentlemen, we’re here to celebrate ...” The wedding ceremony had just started and the priest was talking. Talking about what, Jeongmin couldn’t quite tell as he wasn’t paying any attention to him. He was focusing on Hyunseong. The man wore an elegant light blue tuxedo and expensive jewelry. Jeongmin remembered the day he had helped his friend to choose his cloths for the wedding. It was one of the rare and precious times he could be alone with his friend, forget about everything and feel alive again. Most of the time he’d see him during a ‘double-date’ the twins would plan or a gathering with their other high school friends once in a while. He missed how close they all used to be. But they weren’t highschool students anymore. They were adults, busy with work and other meaningless things.

 “ And now a photo slide show from the two couples’ lifes made by their highschool friend, Minwoo !”

Hands clapping and cheers made Jeongmin come out of his reverie. He watched the screen with a sad smile as pictures of himself and Hyunseong during elementary school were shown. ‘It was only the two of us back then’  he thought.

The photos quickly switched to their junior highschool era. They met Minwoo already at that time. Jeongmin’s heart skipped when their junior hisghchool graduation picture appeared. ‘If i had told you i loved you on that day, as i was planning to do so, would you be by my side now ?’ 

Another picture appeared, they were both smiling in front of the high wheel in a theme park. All the happy memories flashed back in his mind. He was holding back the tears as the pictures kept on showing and he regreted all of the occasions he had missed to confess.

’Regrets that will never change no matter how many times i think about it, no matter how many tears i shed and no matter how much i love you.’

Tears were freely running down his cheeks when the picture of the day before Hyunseong and Youngmin met appeared. ‘Was this day my last chance to get you already ?’  His loud sobs didn’t go unnoticed as everyone was staring at him but Jeongmin was oblivious of it all as he was too lost in his own world. ‘ I want to go back to that day so bad...I wished i told you my feelings back then.... I want to go back, I want to go back , I want to go back...’

A sudden strong lightening blinded Jeongmin for a few seconds. When he opened his eyes and dried his tears he noticed the room was totally dark. He looked at Kwangmin questioningly but the boy didn’t move. When his eyes got used to the darkness, he stood and realised no one has moved since the lightning. He ran to Hyunseong and started touching the other’s face. His skin was so cold and hard like a statue’s. Jeongmin didn’t understand what was happening.




TO BE CONTINUED…………………………….




Sorry for the slow update, i was lacking inspiration ><  It's a bit short too.....

Comment & Subscribe = Happy :D