Darling It Ain't Easy to Say Goodbye (One-Shot) (Part 2)

Darling It Ain't Easy to Say Goodbye (One-Shot)

Satoshi tried calling but received nothing but dead feedback. Something’s wrong, Satoshi thought. He could feel the bad feeling creeping up in his heart again. He even went to Kyoto to go after his boyfriend and make sure everything was going well. He knows that he shouldn’t have went, but he was just so worried that his heart told him to go. He checked his missed call data and saw that Nino tried calling him too while he was at the phone. But since he accidentally put his phone in his luggage, he wasn’t able to answer it. Stupid! Satoshi cursed. He hated himself for being so clumsy.

As he was about to call, he received a call instead. “Eh?! Nino?!” Satoshi piped up. Finally, he was able to receive it and hear his boyfriend’s voice.

Satoshi was going to ask Nino where he was, but was cut off by an unknown voice. “Nino! Why aren’t you-”

“Oh! Are you this person’s friend?” The voice asked. He swore he could hear the siren of the police in the background.

“Yes…I am.”

“This person…he…got in an accident…” The caller strained to inform. “He is in a bad condition.”

Satoshi couldn’t believe what that person was saying. Since it was Nino, he’s probably playing a trick. Isn’t he? “You’re kidding right?”

“Nino!” Satoshi called out for him, “I know you are there. Don’t mess with me!”

The caller sighed and said, “Sir, I am sorry. But this is not a joke.”

Satoshi’s heart started aching. He didn’t want to believe it, nor he wanted to think it was a joke. But no, it would be horrible to play a joke about accidents. Nino knows that Satoshi is soft hearted, so he wouldn’t play a joke like that. It’s all wrong. They have only been together for a couple of months and now something has happened. Something he feared has happened. He asked the caller which hospital Nino will be in. Calling a taxi, he swiftly went inside and told the driver to go to XXXXX Hospital.

As soon as he arrived, he asked the front desk for a Ninomiya Kazunari. When the woman behind the front desk told him he was in the Emergency room. Satoshi had no choice but to wait for Nino to come out of the emergency room.

Thirty minutes later, a doctor came out from the room and Satoshi took this chance to ask the doctor about Nino. The doctor told Satoshi that Nino was in a critical situation, and they are trying their best to take care of. The doctor and said that there might be a chance of Nino having a coma, or worse.

After the doctor left, Satoshi had his head down as he made his way to his seat. He didn’t want it. Nino was his treasure and only person he’ll fully love. He can’t afford to lose another special person.

Fifty more minute of waiting, a patient finally got out of the emergency room. It was Nino. Satoshi stood up and ran to his side.

“Nino!” Satoshi desperately called out. “Nino wake up! It’s me Satoshi!”

The latter didn’t move.

“Nino!” Satoshi tried again. But Nino didn’t react. As he was about to reach for Nino, he was stopped by a nurse.

“Sir, you can’t. He’s in a coma. He’ll be moved into ICU.”

Satoshi’s eyes widened. “Coma?”

That’s when Satoshi broke down. He cried and cried until Nino’s unconscious body was brought in the ICU. Satoshi didn’t want this. Why did it happen? Out of all the days, why did it have to be today?

++++

Satoshi stayed by Nino side for 1 week, but the latter still didn’t wake up. Satoshi washed his body every night, took care of him, and talked to him hoping he would wake up. Nothing. The unconscious body laid down the bed, still and unmoving. Satoshi cried again for the tenth time that day. He believes that Nino will lay asleep for a long time.

However, the body stirred. Satoshi didn’t feel it at first, and just kept crying. He stopped when a hand landed on his head.

“Baka, why are you crying?” Nino asked, his voice cracking.

Satoshi looked up and saw his conscious lover, smiling at him. “Nino! You- How could you scare me like that?!”

Nino saw the worried look Satoshi’s eyes, and how it’s red from crying so much. “Gomen ne, Satoshi. I didn’t mean to.”

Ohno glared at him. “ Don’t take it so lightly Nino! I was scared to death!”

Nino just smiled calmly at him, trying to make a face to make Satoshi forgive him. It worked, because he knows that Satoshi is kind hearted.

“From now on, you aren’t going anywhere by yourself. I’m going with you wherever you go!” Ohno declared, loud and proud.

Nino laughed at his boyfriend’s pose, “Alright, alright! You can go with me!”
“Yokatta!” Satoshi sighed, relieved of his boyfriend’s mood. “I’ll go get some food for you Nino!”

“Hai!” Nino piped up, happy to see his boyfriend smiling and hyper. He smiled until Satoshi left the room to get food for him. He hid the fact that his body was having problems. He hid the fact that he was unstable to do anything from now on, after being crushed under that truck. He smiled though, that he woke up and found his boyfriend by his side. Happy that-

Nino put his hand up to his ribs, where his lungs were located. The pain was unbearable, and he couldn’t breathe. He coughed into his hand and found blood on his palm. It hurts, he strained. Reaching for the button to call the doctor, he stopped halfway, his arm dangling to the side of the bed.

++++

Satoshi was so happy his boyfriend had recovered. Well, kind of. But he was happy that Nino wouldn’t end up in a coma, and was happy to see that he woke up. He almost tripped from skipping happily on the hallway as he brought the food to Nino’s room.

One more corner to turn, and he would be in Nino’s room. Reaching his destination, he stood shocked by the doorway when he saw the doctors and nurses covering up a body under the sheet. Satoshi dropped the tray in his hand, and ran to the lifeless body.

END