Your Sweet Smile

Crooked Wings

 

“Who’s over there?”

 

“Everything’s fine… Everything’s fine… It’s me…”

 

“Lord Jovial Myth…” the two soldiers knelt down immediately as soon as they saw that charisma man made his way down from the mountain’s way. He leisurely walked toward them, then told the two to stand up. They still stooped their heads, stood shivering in the overwhelming tension came from Jung Min’s presence. Up until Jung Min waved his hand, gestured them to look up, the soldiers didn’t even once dare to take a glance at him.

 

“You’re doing a good job… It’s not like every time I come here is just to scold you guys… Relax… I won’t punish anyone today…” Jung Min spoke relaxingly in order to calm his men down.

 

“My Lord, what are you doing out here, alone?” one of them voiced up, still shaking. He couldn’t be careless, even when Jung Min clearly stated that he wouldn’t do anything today, still it was better to be cautious about his attitude.

 

Heard that, Jung Min looked down at the two and after that, opened the mouth in wide range like he suddenly remembered something. Then he jumped up, patted the two guys on the shoulders and grinned his teeth mysteriously, “You guys are really lucky aren’t you?”

 

“Eh?” they looked at each other face.

 

“What do you mean…?”

 

“Ah no…” Jung Min kept being uncanny, “Really… Really… You two are amazingly lucky…”

 

“Pardon me… But how my Lord?”

 

“Wait here…” the man winked then withdrew his hands from the soldiers. He turned his head, leant back a bit and stared intensely at the big tree behind him. “How long do you intend to hide in there? Get out here… It’s safe…”

 

Ended his lines, Jung Min turned back, crossed his arms and look at the two in anticipation.

 

From behind the tree, slowly and timidly, small steps with no confidence made their ways to Jung Min. Each step only separated from the other about a small amount of length, made the man who was waiting twisted his face in annoyance.

 

“Too slow… Just lie down and roll over here it would be much faster…” Jung Min mumbled provokingly.

 

Veins popped up on his forehead, the just recent coy boy turned mad and stomped his way over, moved faster and faster by second until he arrived. Angrier as Jung Min appeared to not having any repentance, the boy swung his leg and landed a kick strongly on Jung Min’s calf. But sadly with that amount of strength he has, it was too too soon for him to even able to hurt an ant. Smirked at his reddish face, Jung Min was like an annoying older neighbor trying to tease the poor boy. The atmosphere somehow turned weird, the soldiers stood their dumb-founded from head to toes since this was the first they saw this side of their Lord.

 

“My Lord… Who is it?” the man daringly cut in and he was eyeing the boy all over then to Jung Min again.

 

“He’s lost…” answered shortly Jung Min.

 

“A human?” he raised his eyebrows.

 

“Yeah… Hurry up and finish your duty… I have to bring him to the king…” Jung Min talked nonchalantly. Even though they understood nothing about this current situation, the two men hurried on their feet and grabbed the boy’s arms.

 

“Hey!!!” the angrily looked into their eyes, “What are you going to do to me?” yelled loudly. He swung his limbs everywhere that was possible, fiercely opposed the two loyal soldiers. Jung Min in response to the boy’s cries, he just stood there looking at his fingers while pouting then moved on to view the marvelous palace from its faraway gate. Still a really long way before they could reach the inside of such magnificent building, but from here Jung Min could already catch the highest tower of the palace.

 

“Stand. Still.” one soldier grunt while he was working.

 

“You people!!! LET ME GO!!!” the boy screamed loudly, turned over to Jung Min for help, “Jung Min!!! You tell them to let me go right this instant!!!”

 

A push was felt and the boy fell on the ground with his faced the sky. Hurt to the point he was about to cry, Young Saeng just lied there and swinging his limbs in anger then shot to Jung Min a deadly glare. It was really scary, to make such man like Jung Min felt his spine turn cold, and this boy isn’t just anyone normal.

 

“Insolent fool!!!” the other soldier pointed at Young Saeng and hissed, “How dare you lowly people talk to Lord Jovial Myth like that?” while on the other hand, Young Saeng just sat there and kept his glare fixing on Jung Min.

 

No one cared about him one bit; the two soldiers rapidly turned over to Jung Min and knelt down, “My Lord, such human can’t be brought into the sacred palace even though he appeared to carry no dangerous weapon… I beg for your wise decision to not welcome him…”

 

“No no…” Jung Min put up his hand and stopped the two men, “No need for that because I have no right to forbid him to enter this place…” and told them to stand up.

 

Looking at each other confusingly, the two men gave Jung Min this look which him instantly understand, “You’ll know the reason soon, don’t worry…” then he walked off toward the boy.

 

“Stand up already… Or you want me to carry you?” he grinned amusingly, reached out his hand offer the boy some helps.

 

Slapped Jung Min’s hand away, he glared at the noble man and stood up firmly all by himself, “Get lost…” he sulkily spoke.

 

“Now don’t be mad… I have to have them checking you thoroughly before letting you enter the palace… It’s law…” Jung Min pushed his shoulders from behind, turned him around and used his ultimate move on the angry boy: begging with that charisma face.

 

“I despise you!”

 

“Ya!!!” the soldier yelled, “How disrespectful can you get… Lord…”

 

“I told you already… No need for that…” Jung Min stopped them again.

 

“But…” they insisted and of course for the last time, Jung Min just brushed them off with a more detailed sentence.

 

“Of course, if he was some human, he would be dead by now since the last time he dared to yell at me… But…” Jung Min then shifted his eyes over the boy, “…. But because this’s Young Saeng himself… I can’t stab this sharp blade through his throat at all…” Jung Min calmly described what he normally would do.

 

Heard just this part, the two soldiers’ faces turned blue in just a few seconds. From then till now, the only person who has more power, influence and authority than Jung Min could only be the king himself. Jung Min has always been considered as the second in command, one stood all above the aristocrats and the king’s most reliable man. From the lowest status person of the kingdom to the highest and richest noble, they could barely remember the king’s face since he was rarely appeared in public but one could never not to know Jung Min. He is responsible for governing the kingdom side by side with the king, the person directly in charge of assigning works inside the palace and exchanging goods with foreign country. He’s more well-known than the king himself and is the kingdom’s speaker. He’s also known to be a really strict person, yet neat and in fact quite an incredible genius. He takes pride in his job and of course would never forgive anyone that talks bad about his king and he himself. Yet right now, to hear such thing as someone else who’s a stranger that has the right to insult Jung Min; the two soldiers now started to worry about their not so bright future.

 

“My Lord…”

 

“I’m not telling lies… Not even playing dumb… I want you to know that…” Jung Min smiled at them gently.

 

“Then… who’s this boy…?” their voices were shaking.

 

“Well…” Jung Min nodded at them in place for his ‘goodbye’. The two men knelt again, but this time they didn’t dare to stand up even though Jung Min said so simply because Young Saeng hadn’t even look at them.

 

As their shadows disappeared under the road filled with blossom petals that leads to the palace, the soldiers then allowed themselves to stand up on their feet. Jung Min’s words kept echoing their heads and the two couldn’t even utter out a word to exclaim their shock on the boy’s status.

 

“Well… he can never have more power than the king… but of course, the royal blood in him is thicker than mine…” they found themselves can’t even move their legs and kept praying for the luck of their lives to come sooner, “Go home and prepare your best outfit for the royal party, because tomorrow night, the king will personally appear before the kingdom…. To welcome his own brother home…. That boy’s name is….. He’s the prince that has been lost for the last 20 years…”

 


 

“How mean are you? I bet they’re crying themselves out now that you’ve told them my identity…”

 

“It’s alright… My soldiers aren’t that weak… well I’m not sure mentally though… HAHA” Jung Min humbly replied, stepping on the same road as Young Saeng.

 

The little prince stared at him for a long time, then just look away and after that was a long silence he pulled down on the atmosphere they were having. Jung Min sometimes picked up the conversation with him, but Young Saeng just shortly answered and dived back in his own world again. After a while, Jung Min couldn’t help but left him alone until the prince himself decided to speak up.

 

“Hey Jung Min…” he called out with that soft voice, “Are you sure you found the right person?”

 

“I’m sure… As long as you still have that cross-earring, I can hardly make any mistake…”

 

“Really…” Young Saeng smiled awkwardly to himself, “My mom gave it to me since I was just a young boy but I knew nothing about what meaning it holds… yet you only took one glance and already you can see its value…”

 

“…………………………………….”

 

“It’s unbelievable…” he sighed and touched the earring that was on his left ear, “My mom was a gentle woman, but you told me that she was a devil…? No matter how I think of it, it’s just….. hard to comprehend Jung Min-ah…”

 

“I wouldn’t dare and will never lie to you… Your Highness…”

 

“No I’m not doubting you…. But…”

 

Jung Min rapidly stopped Young Saeng to finish his lines by simply putting his thumb across the young lad’s sweet lips. He looked deep into his beautiful eyes, and his gentle ones gave Young Saeng this warm feeling that the boy seemed to have grew fond with. It traced with this crave for the prince’s trust, wanting to tell him that, “Young Saeng-ah… I’m here… Believe in me….” Everything that surrounded them at that moment seemed to stop moving, left only by themselves the even breathings of both men.

 

“Not all devils are cruel and ill-nature…. And not all angels are gentle, forgiving and good… Lady Diana was one devil with the gentlest heart I’ve ever met… Don’t worry neh Young Saeng, because no one has ever hated on her…” Jung Min drew his lips and revealed his most sweet smile to Young Saeng, to comfort and to let the prince be sure about his words, “You’re the son, born from the love of one angel and one devil… Someone that this world considers as being cursed and brings many disasters… The previous King and Lady Diana… Both of them knew about this myth of the unwanted child yet they still gave you the life you have right now… They both love you dearly… The people of the kingdom all felt that their hearts were torn out the day you were found missing… Don’t be scared… I’ll always be there for you from this moment… I’ll protect you…. So…” Jung Min caressed Young Saeng’s face, came closer to him the more he spoke, “…. If one day, the responsibility of a Prince is so heavy… My shoulders are empty… Lean against them for support as much as you want….” And he smiled, as bright as the sun itself which brought Young Saeng nothing bad but a better feeling.

 

Nodded at Jung Min, the little prince stood still and let Jung Min wiped away his tears. When everything was all set, Jung Min was fast like lightning, in one try carry Young Saeng up on his strong arms. Squealed in surprise, Young Saeng tried all his best to get down but sadly if Jung Min wanted him not to, he would never be able to.

 

“Hold me tight....” he recommended strongly. Without letting Young Saeng utter any word, an amazing appeared right in front of his eyes make him exclaimed in no words. From the back of Jung Min, ripped apart the white shirt he wore, shot out from to side was a pair of big wings. Filled the air around them with an uncountable amount of feathers, Jung Min purposely stretched his wings widely to let Young Saeng see by his own eyes such beautiful white wings he has.

 

“So… You’ve been hiding them away from me from the start…” Jung Min chuckled shyly as Young Saeng mumbled into his ears. The boy’s eyes were fixed on his wings; he then reached out to catch this one feather. Seemed it wasn’t enough, Young Saeng even jumped his body and reached out to the back of Jung Min so that he could touch the softness of the wings and its splendid figure. Deeply fascinated by the wings, Young Saeng didn’t even know he has gone too far to point it looked like he was hugging Jung Min now though he was only playing with his wings.

 

Jung Min stunned like stone in a short while, but after that he just burst out in laughter in front of the childish acts Young Saeng pulled. He hugged him tightly then in about a few second, by just one lift, he took both of them on the high sky.

 

Young Saeng who was busy playing with the wings, shocked and later ended up clung onto the bigger man like a koala as he flapped his wings, “Don’t go too high…” he suggested in his shaking voice, face appeared to have turned green.

 

“Get used to it soon… I hate to walk…” he whispered into Young Saeng’s ear. Ignored the boy’s pleading, Jung Min just smirked and kept soaring up higher.

 

Just took him a short while, it might be in his blood to love the feeling of wind blowing through his hair, drawing them all back and being touched by them strong winds throughout, Young Saeng soon enjoyed flying even more than Jung Min. He no longer clung onto him, instead now he put them up over his head and screamed in enjoyment. Even demanded that Jung Min should fly even higher, and much to his wish, Jung Min did.

 

Without him knowing, Jung Min too laughed along like a little kid as Young Saeng stared down at him with his face shone bright under the daylight, “Yes… smile like this, you look a lot prettier Young Saeng-ah…” he thought to himself about the young prince, “You’re really, truly beautiful when you smile… Must smile always neh, Young Saeng? I won’t let you cry… and won’t forgive anyone brings you any pain… I’ll protect your smile and of course you, its owner…”

 


 

READ, SUBSCRIBE AND LEAVE ME COMMENTS!

IT WOULD MAKE A CERTAIN AUTHOR HAPPY LIKE A MOFO XD LOL

THANK YOU AND PLEASE ENJOY MY WORK! :)