Welcome Home

Crooked Wings

“Be careful!!!” Young Saeng got pulled over one side in the pitch-dark tunnel. The hand of the man who was walking in front of him squeezed his slender shoulders, dragged him closer until his cheek rubbed against the man’s chest. Young Saeng rounded his eyes, frozen like a stone since he was yet able to confirm what had just happened. He felt his ears turned hot out of a sudden when the man whispered quietly to him.

 

“Very lucky of you that I’m here… One more step and you would be gone…” stared at the rumbling ceiling, he said.

 

“Thanks… Can you let me go now?” Young Saeng slightly pushed him away and the man soon knew his place then let go when everything had died down. But not because of that the man would easily withdraw his cautiousness. He held the wrist of Young Saeng despite how much the boy struggled. He was clearly showed that Young Saeng didn’t like it, but in the end he kept his hand unmoved.

 

“It’s really dangerous in here and you’re unfamiliar with it… The King will be mad at me if you got lost so please bear with my unforgiveable actions… Your Highness…”

 

“Your Highness and King he said?” without one tiny bit of awareness, the one who got pulled along the way forcefully somehow started to drift off in his own thought, “Your Highness he said…” Young Saeng repeatedly recalled what he heard. Had his ears turned lazy to work or this man just blurted out another thing that was quite related to the long lost Monarchy? As they kept proceeded deeper down the tunnel, Young Saeng narrowed his eyes and fixed them on the shadow that was moving in front of him. At this point, he had already well-realized that the man with him right now for some reason kept emitting out this undeniable retarded aura. Since several hours ago when they first met, the man had been blabbering nonstop about how well he knows Young Saeng’s real identity. But was it too much of an irony now that he finally seeing this man as crazy when he was already here, with the man? To be able to follow a crazy man this far, one must feel real dumb afterward; and this was exactly how Young Saeng felt right now. Slapped his hand on the forehead, the boy cursed himself from mind to body, “I’m definitely stupid…” and stooped his head, “No one would randomly come along with some weird dude in the first place…” Despite telling himself that, his legs were unconsciously moving at a stable speed.

 

They passed a couple more turns and after a while, something started to change. In front of Young Saeng now, emerged in the middle of that overwhelming darkness, a ray of light came to his eyes like a sudden struck of life came to awake all of his senses. There was a little smile, drew by Young Saeng’s lips as the man tightened his force around his wrist in joy. “Your Highness… Welcome home…” he said, started running towards the light with Young Saeng behind him.

 

An enormous gust of winds blew passed Young Saeng the moment his whole body once again able to feel the outside world. It hit him hard, pushed against his delicate body and made him a bit off balance. It took a while for his eyes to readjust after nearly half a day tumbled around that wicked tunnel. The boy breathed in as hard as he could. Tried and taste as much fresh air as his greediness wished until he choked on it.

 

“YA!!!” he yelled at the man as he jumped backward, “You hate me right? You want me to die in early age right?”

 

“No… Why would I?”

 

“Shaddup!!!” the boy gritted his teeth in fury, point down the cliff, “You showed no concern over the fact that I was standing there… THERE… right at the edge of that damn cliff and almost fall down…”

 

“It was because I know I could save you…” Jung Min held Young Saeng from behind.

 

“Save my …” the boy wriggled in an angry manner then broke away from Jung Min, “Talking with confidence like that, let see if I really fell down, I would love to see if you could save me or not…”

 

Jung Min giggled quietly seeing how Young Saeng childishly reacted. Now that he had used to the high, the boy came close to the edge and shifted his eyes around to see the world. So beautiful! A whole forest of tree stretched out widely, its freshness almost took over the Young Saeng’s eyes. The boy wowed in amazement, admired the fact that it was flawless to the point he didn’t know whether where he stood was the earth or not. The sky was so clear, so blue, so different from where he came from. The sky was much closer here; as if he could just reach out his hand and that fluffy cloud would easily be his. He took in as much freshness as he could, filled up his lungs with thousands of excitements. He felt alive, for some reason, he felt at home even though he was sure this was the first time he'd been here.

 

“Hey… ummm… This is place is fantastic… I don’t think Korea has such beautiful location…” Young Saeng happily ran around the man. Like a kid who would risk anything to get what he wants, the boy grabbed the man’s hand and pulled him down to the road along the mountain.

 

“Young Saeng…” the man gript his hand made him turned around to catch his slightly saddened eyes, “Only been a couple hours and you already forgot my name?” he asked, “You’re so cold….”

 

“No… Not that… It’s just… It’s only a couple hours… That’s why…” he stuttered as his head stooped down, “Erm… Let me see… Don’t remind me… Uhmmm….” The boy fell into a thinking posture, pouted his lips as he tried hard to remember. “AH!” he exclaimed, made the man shone his eyes in anticipation, “Your name is Jung Mal right?”

 

As soon as Young Saeng finished his line, the so-called Jung Mal rolled immediately on the floor, held his stomach and laughed like a mad man. Judging on his reaction, Young Saeng blushed at first then turned sulky before walked away and ignored the man.

 

Got his fury, the man ran to him and grabbed Young Saeng from behind. As gentle as how he looks, the man turned Young Saeng around and made him faced him. But before he could console Young Saeng, he twisted his face funnily, remembered about that last line and started laughing again.

 

“I don’t care about you anymore…” Young Saeng angrily pushed him.

 

“Hey… Mian… Mian…” the man ran to the front so that he could see Young Saeng’s face, “Mianhae… Don’t be mad neh?”

 

“You…”

 

“Hehe… Put yourself in my shoes, it was really funny seeing how happy you were…”

 

“What’s your name anyway…” Young Saeng urged.

 

The man held his hand and started dragging him along where he headed to, “My name is Jung Min…” he gazed back sometimes at the boy, “But since we’re back here already… You just need to call me Jovial Myth… Myth in short…”

 

“Myth?” Young Saeng sounded kind of surprise.

 

“Waeyo?” Jung Min rounded his eyes.

 

“Sounds so dumb…” he stuck out his tongue, and face showcased all his disgust.

 

“What? My name sounds dumb? Which one?” Jung Min stopped halfway and turned to face Young Saeng.

 

“Jovial Myth… I like Jung Min better… I’ll call you that from now on…”

 

“Aigoo… You can’t…” Jung Min whined.

 

“Wae? I can’t?” the boy raised his chin.

 

“Of course you can’t… The King will be mad at me…”

 

“Ya…” Young Saeng’s face suddenly turned wry, “You kept going King this, Your Highness that all day long… If you’re really crazy then try to be a smart crazy instead of a dumb one… Why would someone be stupid enough to claim himself as someone’s servant?” he spoke at once, didn’t give Jung Min one second to protest. He felt annoyed. From the beginning when he heard Jung Min speaks like that, he knew there was something wrong with this guy; but at least he didn’t realize that it was to this extend. Grumbled, Young Saeng knuckled Jung Min’s head then walked away. Though he didn’t know the way, do some explorations once in a while wouldn’t kill anyone. With that thought in mind, the boy proceeded all by himself on the road which was quite clear ahead.

 

“Your Highness…” Jung Min called from behind as he tried to catch up with Young Saeng.

 

“I told you… Don’t call me like that…” he yelled back sulkily.

 

“But…”

 

“Then don’t talk to me…”

 

“Okay…” Jung Min finally able to grab his hand, “But that’s the wrong way…”

 

Young Saeng halted his step right that instant, kind of embarrassed as he saw Jung Min’s amused smirk.

 

“Stinky…” the boy mumbled childishly to himself.

 

“I will tell you about yourself now… So stop sulking…” no need to say, just hearing that, curiosity swims in Young Saeng’s veins rose up all as one. His hand twitched slightly inside the palm of that certain man as he gazed up to look in Jung Min’s eyes. His expression turned soft and he wanted so much to hear about it; after all, it was the reason he even followed Jung Min.

 

“Hey… Don’t show me that pitiful expression…” Jung Min spoke in low voice.

 

“Tell me!” he demanded, stood in the man’s way.

 

“Young Saeng…”

 

“I didn’t say anything up until now… But Jung Min ah… You better spit them all out… Cause now, my heart is all messed up… It keeps pumping hard, sometimes calm, but most of the time my chest felt like it couldn’t hold this desperate heart anymore… It’s weird Jung Min ah… Why am I feeling down? For some reason, I feel like I will never be able to return to Seoul ever again? It’s frustrated so please tell me... Hurry neh?” begged Young Saeng.

 

Jung Min didn’t say anything for a long while, stooped his head as if he felt bad for keeping the secret, “You can feel it right? You know that we’re no longer in Seoul right?”

 

“I even got that we’re no longer in Korea…” Young Saeng was rather calm at this point, “I live there for 20 years of my life… I have my own legs and I’m not as dumb and clueless as how I look… One glance and I already realized the situation…”

 

“Then why didn’t you spit it out?”

 

“Shihro… Can you stop me?” he looked at Jung Min provokingly, “I wanted to find something new and interesting… After all, I have no one left as my relative… My only family, my mom, died a while ago… If I was to go anywhere, or even kill someone randomly… No one could stop me, right? I won’t die from just acting dumb and exploring around…”

 

Jung Min slid down and hugged his knees, he d his head; felt completely at loss with this unexpected outcome. How someone could 5 minutes ago was just an innocent, childish boy turned out to be a mischievous smart head? He couldn’t help but to be reminded about that certain King he was currently working under.

 

He moved closer to Young Saeng, slowly bent down until their two faces only separated about a short distance. Young Saeng’s eyes rounded up; surprised by Jung Min’s action but then he just stood still for Jung Min to put up the left side of his hair. Hang loosely under his earlobe was an earring with shape like a cross, made out of pure white gold. Even though it was really small, but Jung Min’s eyes could be sharper than any being. A smile was drawn by his lips, as a gust of wind flew pass them made the earring sway. And there it was the word “Yearning” appeared to be carved on the back of that cross.

 

“It’s really you… Your Highness…” he spoke quietly. Like he knew from the start, Jung Min glanced down to look at the vexed face of Young Saeng; turned reddish because it was the first time someone other than his mom got to see his neck. His hair was quite long, so Jung Min probably one lucky guy to get to see that smooth, milky white skin. Young Saeng was so embarrassed that he could just dig a hole and bury himself right there, but he had to hide away. Why indeed? Because he thought that, a man shouldn’t worry about such thing; ironically, he did think that way.

 

“Can I tell you a story?” Jung Min whispered to him sweetly, breathed directly to that undeniable beautiful neck.

 

Young Saeng jolted, hurriedly pushed the man with such y gesture under his sleeve away. He rubbed his neck then shyly glanced at Jung Min. “I’m fine with the story… But please don’t ever do that again…” he walked faster.

 

“This place isn’t Korea…” leisurely followed the boy, Jung Min.

 

“I know…”

 

“Isn’t anywhere on earth either…”

 

“EH?” turned immediately around, Young Saeng.

 

“I’m telling you now, okay?” he winked to Young Saeng, breathed in hard and turned to look at the sky. “People call this place we’re heading to Angel’s Garden, where people with white wings born in, being raised then grow up… They have father, mother like other any other humans, except what they carry on their shoulders made them special…”

 

“If it’s like that… Why don’t you just called them angels… you didn’t include angels do wear holy rings…” Young Saeng pouted and added in.

 

“Not really… That’s human’s logic… Here… We don’t wear holy ring…” the man made a thinking face.

 

“Eh? How weird?” he whined.

 

“Yeah… Because we’re not dead… We’re made up of real flesh… We have blood run through our veins… There are children, adults and elders as well… We live and eating the same way as humans do… we will die too once our times are at the ends…” from here, Jung Min turned around and walked backward to face Young Saeng, “The differences are, the time here and the earth’s aren’t uniform… You’ll know once you go to school… More… We believe in Monarchy, which consisted of 3 classes: the people, the aristocracy and the royal… and YOU…” Jung Min point at Young Saeng’s face, made him give out this clueless expression as he smirked confidently, “… are part of the royal family… the lost Prince who disappeared mysteriously 20 years ago…”

 


 

READ, SUBSCRIBE AND DO LEAVE ME COMMENTS!

IT WOULD MAKE A CERTAIN AUTHOR HAPPY LIKE A MOFO XD LOL

THANK YOU AND PLEASE ENJOY MY WORK! :)