Chapter 16 Date

Disordered Feelings

a/n: Excuse the errors Calgary Flames game is on right now and I just thought I'd post this REALLY QUICK.

Kai winced as Yunhee squeezed his hand with all of her strength. For a extremely underweight person, she was strong, or it just might be her fight or flight kicking in... Kai watched as Yunhee shook and bit her lip. "Calm down, it's ok. Why are you always so nervous to see your therapist?" 

"Don't tell me what to do!" She quietly snapped. "Every time I'm here, I get stuck holding your hand because I'm just so scared to death. I feel as if I'm going to die every time this happens. He's picking at my brain! He's trying to construct it the way he wants. It scares me, he isn't here to help. He's treating me like a new pet, figuring out what if can or can't do! All just so I can eat. EAT. That itself is terrifying." 

Kai raised his eyebrows. "Eating is terrifying?" 

Yunhee nodded, her eyes had dark circles around them from staying up, trying to exercise before getting caught by her parents. "It's sickening and makes me feel so stupid, weak, and pathetic. Eating is evil." 

Kai sighed. With an attitude like that, she'll never heal. "Yunhee..." 

"Don't sigh and try to lecture me. I know what you're gonna say. Stop it." 

"If you know what I'm going to say then maybe you should actually use my advice." Yunhee kept quiet as she stared at Kai's emotional face. 

Her parents walked in and smiled. "You really don't have to keep coming, Kai." 

Yunhee scoffed. "Please don't." 

"You're not getting better though. So I'm going to keep coming." 

Mr. Park grinned. "Doesn't that make you want to eat? It's not that hard!" He begged his daughter. God knows how many times he's exploded and cried, she still refuses. 

Yunhee shook her head and turned to look out the window. Her mother sighed. If she didn't improve, Yunhee could die. Mrs. Park pushed away the thought, no way was she going to burry her baby.

"Oh! Mr. and Mrs. Park, tomorrow Yunhee doesn't have any appointments or anything right?" 

"No, not that I know of. Why?" Mrs. Park asked sweetly. She truly appreciated how much Kai cared for Yunhee. It was extremely sweet of him. She didn't blame him at all for anything that happened. She didn't even blame Soyeon. She appreciated that they both cared and watched Yunhee. Even if Kai did go way overboard; it was very kind of him. Kai kind of nuzzled his way into her motherly heart. 

"I'm going places tomorrow with Kris and Soyeon." Kai smiled politely.

"Yeah, on a date." Yunhee scoffed.

"How'd you know?"

Yunhee rolled her eyes. "Soyeon." Kai just nodded. He really wasn't looking forward to his date tomorrow for some reason. He actually was afraid. What if he made a fool of himself? So much for a hard, cold front. 

Mrs. Park's eyes widened. She kind of forgot that they were still adolescents and that they still needed to live their lives as regular hormonal teenagers. Dates and everything. "Oh, well have fun! Of course someone like you would be dating and such!" She smiled. 

Mr. Park chuckled. "Don't worry about Yunhee, ok? I know you will. But at least try not to!" 

Kai nodded. "I'll try my best!" He predicted he would try and fail. Especially if the meeting with the therapist didn't go too smoothly today. Kai took a deep breath as the man was rounding the corner, coming into the room. Oh dear goodness. 

"A tree... Really? This is supposed to help me? Is he crazy?!" Yunhee exclaimed. Holding the leafy plant.

Kai shrugged. During the session, Yunhee was given a plant. She was instructed to see it as herself. Water it and feed it sunlight. If she puts it under strict diet and unrealistic goals like she put herself on the plant would shrivel and die. "Just see it as yourself. Feed it and take care of it."

"All this damn thing needs is water and sunlight. How the hell is this near what I am?! I have expectations to live up to. I have to worry about my looks!" Yunhee snapped.

Kai paused to let her breathe. Arguing took a lot of energy, she was so weak. He tried not to provoke her but she always had something to say to him. "So are you not going to water it?"

Yunhee looked at the plant in disgust. "No! I don't give a rat's about this plant. It doesn't resemble my life or anything if I water it. It's a lonely little plant." 

"And you're a lonely little girl. Think about it. You both need something to live. Without enough nutrients, it will die. The plant just has a shorter time period than you have. It can't withstand as long as you can. But in the end, you will have a drastic downfall that will lead to a stop." Kai murmured. "Think long and hard, ok? Goodbye. See you at school tomorrow." He gently closed the door behind him.

"Why do we even let him in our house?!" Yunhee groaned in frustration. She put the plant on her windowsill and curled up onto her bed. She looked at the plant, it's lush, green, plump leaves. If only being 'healthy' and 'plump' looked good for humans. "I'm pathetic." Yunhee muttered before closing her eyes and taking a nap. The reason her therapist gave her a tree to resemble herself was a riddle wrapped in an enigma to Yunhee. 

Kai twiddled his thumbs. "So... What do you usually like to do?" Kai awkwardly asked. He woke up this morning and was greeted by sick, green giant. Kris and Soyeon had to flake since Kris was sick and looked like the Hulk. Scary and green. Kai shuddered at the image, as ugly as it was he was still pissed that his cousin was so irresponsible enough to get sick and leave him alone with a girl he knew nothing about. Kai would rather have his arm half numb from Yunhee's fight or flight during her therapy session.

"I like to swim." The girl, who's name was Kim Dahyun, said matter of factly. "I'm on the school swim team..." She looked down, seemingly hurt at his ignorance.

Kai nodded, feeling a bit guilty for not knowing. He knew he shouldn't. He hasn't watched any of the sport meets or anything. He's been too busy. "Oh, I see. Well... I like your hair! It's very pretty." He commented lamely. 

Dahyun touched her hair and blushed. "Thank you." She had blunt bangs and her long reddish brown hair was wavy hung just above her belly button. It was actually Kai's preferred type of hair. But, he couldn't help but muse how Yunhee's hair would look, all healthy and... Normal.

"Are you hungry? I mean we are in a cafe... Order something!" Kai grinned half heartedly. He felt terrible, he didn't even know how she knew him... Or found interest in him. 

Dahyun shook her head. "You order. I had a lot to eat today already. I had an early practice so I stocked up on food before I had to swim." She giggled. 

Kai just nodded. "Well I'm actually not that hungry either... How about we get to know each other more?" He suggested, he honestly was curious about Dahyun. He never saw her around school before.

"Alright! Um, I'll ask you questions and then we can switch! Ok?" She smiled brightly.  Kai nodded enthusiastically. "What's your favorite food? Do you have any pets? What's your relationship with Kris?" 

Kai paused to think. "Favorite food... I'm so fat, I like all food!" He grinned and she laughed at his answer. "I don't have any pets. I had a fish once. That died pretty quickly... And y relationship with Kris? We're cousins. I live with him and his parents ever since my parents kicked me out."

Dahyun nodded slowly. "I'm sorry... You guys do have similar facial expressions though!" 

Kai waved away the apology, it didn't really bother him being thrown out. He then raised his eyebrows. "How are our expressions similar?"

Dahyun rubbed her chin, as if she had a beard. "You both look quite cold and.. Scary." 

"Scary? I'm scary?" Kai asked, shocked.

"Well actually, not anymore!" Dahyun grinned. 

"Good. My turn! What's your least favorite subject? What's your favorite color? And how did you come to find interest in me?" 

Dahyun flushed a bright red at the last question. "My least favorite is math. That subject is just horrible and basically useless after the basics. My favorite color is pink!" Dahyun giggled, Kai just shook his head. Of course it would be pink. "I actually saw you walk in school when you first came. You were handsome and I just found you interesting..." 

"So I see. Man, my charms are just so irresistible!" In his mind Kai could just hear Yunhee protesting that; calling his charms stupid and unloyal. He shook his head.

"So it's my turn again! Just one question this time... How are you friends with Yunhee? She's a bit strange isn't she..." Dahyun was honestly kind of jealous. Kai was always found with Yunhee. It made him a bit unapproachable since Yunhee was a bit of an outsider. 

Kai's smile turned into a scowl. He didn't like her unfair judgment of Yunhee. She isn't strange nor weird. Yunhee was suffering and honestly Dahyun's statement within her question pissed him off. "Don't call her strange. You don't know anything. Don't make ignorant comments towards those you don't know, she's been through quite a lot." He spat at her. Dahyun bit her lip, a bit scared of Kai's sudden reaction. She didn't mean harm by the question, she was just curious and jealous. "Listen, I think I have to go. It's getting a bit late." Kai got up and left before Dahyun could protest.