Chapter 3

Perfect Circles

Ryeowook felt someone touching him.

He stirred lightly on his sleep, his eyes daring to open against a bright light, as he tried to fend off that someone who was touching his face so softly. He scrunched his nose, too lazy to wake up and figure out what was happening. For one, he wasn't entirely a fan of skinship, so he certainly did not like it, especially if it was someone he didn't know.

Groaning, he finally fluttered his eyes open, the light coming from a ceiling lamp blinding him slightly as he turned to see exactly who was touching him in such manner. He was startled to see his new brother—what was his name again? Ah, Jongwoon. Jongwoon was leaning on the side of his bed, a finger resting on the spot between Ryeowook's nose and his lips. Ryeowook can feel the finger stiffen as he woke up. Looks like Jongwoon was surprised as well.

The finger didn't leave his face.

"Hyung…what are you…what are you doing?" Ryeowook managed to say carefully, his eyes looking at the older not in disgust or fear, but of amusement. Jongwoon retreated his finger back to his side quickly, his face a bit flushed due to act of getting caught.

"I-I'm sorry," Jongwoon let out sheepishly, a hand going up to the back of his neck and scratching it. "I…I just have this weird habit of touching philtrums, and I couldn't resist since you were sleeping so peacefully—"

"Wait, what? Phil-what?"

"Philtrums."

"What's that?"

Jongwoon reached to touch the spot between Ryeowook's nose and lips again and quickly taking his hand away. "This one."

It took a few seconds for Ryeowook to get it. "Oh," he mouthed in realization. He nodded understandingly, stifling a laugh at the face of his hyung. He added teasingly, "You're so weird."

"I get that a lot," Jongwoon grinned widely at him. "Good weird or bad weird?"

"It's good weird for the time being, I think." Ryeowook replied cheekily, his eyes drifting to the wall clock behind the other. He forgot to set an alarm on his phone. He peered at the clock closely, his heart thumping quite loudly to wake himself out of his groggy state when he realized that it was actually--

"Seven?" He exclaimed, quickly jumping out of his bed and scurrying away towards the direction of the bathroom. "Hyung, why didn't you say so? I'll be late for school!"

Jongwoon didn't have the time to reply as the door of the bathroom went to shut close. Chuckling to himself in amusement, he laid back down to his bed and waited for Ryeowook to finish with his morning routine.

---

"How am I supposed to make lunch for both of us..." Ryeowook muttered under his breath as he dashed down the stairs to make way for the kitchen, his nap sack hanging on his back and his hand clutching on his phone. It wasn't long ago when Kyuhyun sent him a message, and that reminded him of the promise he said yesterday afternoon.

To: Ryeowook

Good morning sunshine. How am I supposed to fetch you on the way to school today? I think I forgot to ask in which house do you live ;(

In which Ryeowook replied to earlier, silently finding the text message a little too touching.

To: Kyuhyun

Good morning! I think they'll drive me instead. You don't have to worry, Kyu. I'll see you later. ^^; Maybe tomorrow, we'll be able to go to school together?

But the current problem right now wasn't transportation; it was how he would bring lunch in such a short period of time. Sighing, he quickly the stove before whisking a frying pan from the cabinet and placing it in one of the circles.

"Hyung?"

Ryeowook turned around to see a ready-to-go Jongjin peering in one of the kitchen dividers to see what he was doing. He glanced at the clock beside the younger, seeing that it was forty-five minutes before classes start. Stupid Jongwoon hyung for not waking him up earlier. "Good morning! I'm making lunch for a friend of mine. Do you want some too?"

"Really, hyung?" Jongjin's expression brightened, as he neared Ryeowook's side to watch him. "I didn't know you can cook."

"I guess I inherited my mom's talent in cooking?" Ryeowook let out a chuckle, a hand going to ruffle Jongjin's hair. "I'll make some for you too."

"Oh my," Jongjin clung to Ryeowook's arm like a kid and nuzzled his head on the other's neck. "You're the best, hyung! It's been a long time since I ate homemade lunch at school! You can be a good wife!"

Ryeowook's face reddened as he tried to answer back. "I-I'm not suited to be a wife--"

"Oh, you sure are." The two heads swirled around to see Jongwoon leaning his body on the wall beside him. A smirk was on his lips as he looked at the two in amusement. "Wifey, hurry up, you'll be late for school."

Ryeowook's jaw dropped slightly upon the name-calling. "You did not just call me that."

"I think I just did," Jongwoon laughed. "Do hurry up. I don't have those racing cars to drive you guys to school quickly. Plus, you know the traffic. It doesn't necessarily clear up for you guys."

"It's your fault for not waking me up!"

"What? You didn't tell me to do so!"

"It should be your own initiative—!"

"Hey, you guys are too noisy," Jongjin butted in, laughing. He released his hold on Ryeowook and added in teasingly. "Ryeowook hyung is my wife, go get another one, hyung."

"Oh no you don't, he's mine!"

"Stop referring to me as a girl!"

---

"I'll be back by three?" Jongwoon asked, half of his body turned around to the passenger's side of the car as he watched the other two go out. He rolled down one of the windows to look at them closely. "Be safe."

"Yes, hyung." Jongjin grinned at him and waved goodbye. Ryeowook was beside him doing the same, both of them watching the car move on and disappear on a curb. The two grinned at each other before turning around and heading the school gates side-by-side, glad that they weren't all that late. Besides, the lunch was worth it; Jongjin had a pre-taste before they headed out of the house. Certainly, his lunch breaks would be a lot more colorful starting from now on.

Meanwhile, Ryeowook glanced upon a familiar figure leaning on the school gates, the person's arms crossed in front of his chest and an amused smirk can be seen on his face. The lanky, handsome guy was looking at him expectantly, as if waiting for Ryeowook to notice him. With this, the petite male beamed upon seeing the other, his hands encircling on Jongjin's wrist to pull the younger with him. "I'm going to introduce you to someone."

"Who?" Jongjin murmured, following Ryeowook's footsteps and catching up with the older.

"The friend that I'm making lunch for," Ryeowook smiled at him, nearing the figure that made his stomach churn into an uncomfortable feeling, although he wouldn't want to admit it to anyone else or to himself, even. The guy kicked the wall on his back smoothly and went to stand straight to meet with the two.

"Hey," he smiled.

"Hey." Ryeowook let out, bringing an arm to pull Jongjin closer. "Here's Jongjin; he's my new brother."

"So he's living with you?" The other said, gazing at the younger one in amusement. "Hi. I'm Kyuhyun."

"Who's he?" Jongjin asked curiously. His head turned to face Ryeowook's, aiming the question directly at him. But before Ryeowook can answer, Kyuhyun decided to in and repeated what he said.

"I'm Kyuhyun," and as if on cue, the bell rang. The tallest of the three yanked Ryeowook away gently from Jongjin and kept his arms around petite frame, pulling the both of them inside of the campus. He held a hand up as he slightly waved a goodbye to the puzzled male. "See you around."

Ryeowook couldn't help but laugh when they were already quite distanced from Jongjin and inside the building, a finger prodding on Kyuhyun's stomach teasingly. "You frightened him, dummy. That wasn't much of a nice impression."

"Not that I needed to have a good first impression from him anyway," Kyuhyun chuckled. "Your mom likes me already."

"That's not the point, Kyu." Ryeowook scrunched his nose at him. "He's part of my family now."

"I'm already satisfied with your family consisting of only your mom and I ever since," Kyuhyun sneered, the hand around Ryeowook tightening as they reached the corridor of their classroom.

"You and your possessiveness issues, Cho Kyuhyun," Ryeowook commented, but nonetheless grinning throughout their conversation. "Not that I'm complaining."

"Well," Kyuhyun explained lazily. "It's not like it's all the time that someone steals Kim Ryeowook away from me."

"They're not stealing me away, idiot." Ryeowook responded in a heartbeat, subtly removing Kyuhyun's arm off him. "And I was never yours technically, Kyuhyun—"

Boom.

"—nor are you mine, even though I've always been dealing with people taking you away from me all these years because they think I'm too lame for you even if I'm just your best friend. Admit it."

Double boom.

"...I'm just your best friend."

Sighing, Kyuhyun ignored the pang on his chest and opened the door to their classroom, letting the both of them in. They've had this conversation before, but it was always forgotten the next time that they talk. Kyuhyun wasn't sure if that's a good thing, but maybe it's easier if they don't talk about it often. The problem is, Kyuhyun was too much of a sissy to not talk about his feelings, however manly he may seem.