One

Embarrassment

Jonghyun never chose to be popular. Blame his gorgeous looks, he could make girls melt for him within a second. A simple action such as itching his neck or picking on his nails made girls squirm. But Jonghyun wasn't those mean bullies who picked on unpopular people. He was quite the opposite. Jonghyun attended every charity events the school held and spent his sundays in churches playing the piano or singing for benifit. Jonghyun was a popular and a very talented person, but he wasn't the most popular person in school. Lee Jin ki was. Lee Jinki was a senior from class 07. Cold, smart and uncaring, Lee Jinki never failed to melt girls down as well. Well, in a different way that is. Lee Jinki was one of those people you would never want to bother, or even talk to. 

But Kim Jonghyun wanted to. 

There was once a rumour that jinki's smile could make anyone fall for him. The rumour appeared to be true. 

flashback// 

It was three years ago when Jonghyun had first met Jinki. A young boy had passed by the newly-accepted freshman Jonghyun on his way back home. Jonghyun was mesmerized by the boy's beauty as he stared in awe. Luckily for Jonghyun, the boy had dropped a notebook. 

"jinki's Julliard note" It had been written in English. Jonghyun smiled, he had spent a couple of days in Juliiard training as well. He stopped the boy. 

"You dropped this." He smiled kindly shoving the notebook in to the boy's arms. The other boy meekly shrug and thanked him. Jonghyun frowned. What a pity that this boy didn't smile. His eyes and mouth looked really nice...

Wanting to spark a conversation with the boy, Jonghyun cracked a Julliard joke. 

Suddenly, the other boy's face brightened up. His plump lips opening up to reveal his white teeth and his eyes slinting back in joy as he let out a chuckle. 

And it was stunning. 

Jonghyun spent a couple of seconds trying to get back in to his world as the elder boy introduced himself. 

"I'm Lee Jin Ki." 

But Jonghyun was a coward, not being able to reply he ran away from the beauty as fast as his legs could carry him. 

Flashback end// 

 

As years passed, he became very distant from the boy. One of the reasons were that Lee Jinki hardly came to school. Jonghyun felt his heart stagger without seeing the elder boy. 

He picked up his school bag settling himself between the orange an the green table. Unpacking his lunch, Jonghyun felt a hand on his shoulder. 

"Kim Jonghyun!" His best friend Zelo punched his shoulder. Zelo had bright yellow hair with strands of neon pink dyd in it. Jonghyun admired Zelo. Despite his weirdness and "battery-dead" sessions, he still managed to make girls swoon. Jonghyun smiled back at Zelo as he poked his fried rice. Zelo took a seat next to him and whispered a little something. 

"Jinki... math club.... leader..." Was all Jonghyun could make out. He sat up straighter as he looked at Zelo. The boy smirked his lips and ruffling his hair. jonghyun gave him a look telling him to repeat it again. Zelo laughed at his innocent stare and said it. 

"Lee Jinki is the new leader for the math club." Zelo cackled. Jonghyun froze. 

Being the leader of the club ment one thing. 

"You always have to be present at school an during club activities or meetings." 

Jonghyun grabbed Zelo's collar in glee. His eyes flickered telling Zelo, "Tell me more." 

Zelo laughed once and fell on to the table, limp as he yelled, "Battery dead." 

Jonghyun grumbled as he packed his lunch and ran to the office. 

"Hello Jonghyun, how may I help you?" The lady at the counter smiled at him. Jonghyun gave one of his melting smiles as he asked for the sign up sheet for the math club. 

Jonghyun hated math. He was terrible at it too. Partially, he blamed it for not attending Kindergarden when he was small. But that didn't stop him from writing his name right underneath the prized Lee Jinki's name. 

His hand shook with nervousness. 

Finally writing his name, he bowed once at the lady and ran off. 

Anything for Lee Jinki. 

Even if it means sitting through 2 hours of math, embarassing himself.