01.

First

 

Stepping one foot past the school gates with the other still desperately poised outside and unwilling to progress, it was the nervous fourteen year old transfer student’s first day.

His uniform on their initial presentation was starchy white, spotless and stiff, reflecting his posture as he stood at the front of the class on his first morning - all immaculate and tense.

 

The classroom was immersed in lethargic silence. The enduring pace of the school year ahead already preempted with the lazy chirps of crickets and the stifling temperature of blazing summer heat.

 

Kris sat in his usual seat at the back row adjacent to the only open window with an expression of arctic apathy. His long figure lounged over a wooden chair, feet propped up on the desk before him earning a disapproving glare from his homeroom teacher. Unfazed, he returned the stare with subtle annoyance. His lips pursed into a thin line of obvious disgust as he rolled his eyes at the balding rotund man with sweat stains already forming down the front and sides of his yellowing white shirt. 

 

With his gaze wavering, impatience ticking away with each passing second, Kris more than ready to redirect it past the window pane and towards the mundane view of oak trees planted neatly in a single file. But something unexpectedly caught his eye and sparked his interest. 

It was a rare occurrence for Kris as he couldn't care less for the white powdery scrawl across boards of black and didn't so much as bat an eye for the incessant words spouting from his teachers' mouths that every other student seemed to take such an engaged interest in.

However, sitting in the classroom on the first day of the new school year, his feet gradually eased off the table and found their place back on vinyl ground, his body leaned forward and pressed into the desk and his eyes lingered for a fraction longer than normal towards the front. His actions were made all for one thing, one person – one jittery boy barely visible from behind his teacher's obese frame.

 

A smirk grew on his face with as much sadism a fourteen year old could possibly muster when the new student introduced himself as Kim Joonmyun in all his short, plain and lack luster school nerd glory. 

 

Kris only took one glance and heard only one shy whisper of the other’s melodious voice. But that was all he needed to come to the realization that this boy was the one he had been waiting for – his new victim, his new target, his new sick game.

 

Those round plastic-rimmed spectacles crushed so easily and with such a glorious ring under the thick heel of Kris’ black school shoes. 

His dark hair was so thick and long down the front. The strands were so effortless for Kris to grapple onto as his face was mercilessly dunked into unsanitary porcelain bowls between isolated wooden stalls. 

His skin was the perfect canvas; a pale and unblemished shade of white where putrid purple blemishes of Kris’ hormonal-induced anger and dominance were distinctly portrayed. 

His personality was so timid and fearful, the whimpers ensued from his bloody lips and the raspy pleas to stop were never heard above the ruckus laughter of Kris’ friends from behind the towering teenager as he pummeled him until he could barely stand.

 

 

It was the first time Joonmyun cried himself to sleep each and every night until his tears ran dry. The first time his radiant smile disappeared for the duration of a year. The first time his voice permanently diminished to nothing but hushed squeaks. The first time that Joonmyun felt life was no longer worth living.

And by the dawn of another summer, he was left wondering how many more years he could endure barely scraping through each day; scared, abused and isolated all because of one person, the first person who claimed him as being his – WuFan, Kris.

 

 

 


 

A/N:

Mood: Jittery & apprehensive

Music: 'Only you' ; Gavy NJ

-

You guys can shoot me for the annoyingly short length of this chapter cause there's more to come

...

I love you all!

 

And I can't believe people have already subscribed!!!

*ugly-leaks oceans for all of you*