We can hide nothing from each other.

You make my life complete [SEMI HIATUS]

Yoona was worried for Donghae and she wanted an answer from her sister. Yuri did not know where to start and she did not want to get stuck into her past again. She has moved on, it was not easy. 

"Unni," Yoona called once again, "Tell me."

Yuri wanted to pull the hair out of her scalp. 

"Yoona, I.. I.. I," Yuri sighed, "I can't tell you-"

"Why not?"

"It is related to my past. I have moved on, I don't want to fall back in," Yuri wanted to leave, "But, trust me, Donghae will be fine tomorrow." Yoona was left alone at the table. I need to talk to him, she told herself. She took her bag and left without telling Yuri. Yoona knew where he stayed. She knew that the principle would be there too, but it did not mattered to her.

She pressed the bell, hoping someone was home. A young girl walked out and looked at her, "Who are you looking for?"

"Is Donghae in?"

Krystal nodded, "Yes. As much as you want to see him, I want to do the same. He seems to be in bad mood-"

"Just let her in, Krys," Donghae was by the balcony, looking at Yoona. She was invited into Donghae's room. Krystal wondered who she was, they seemed so close. 

"I told you that I needed-" Donghae was cut off by Yoona's hug. 

"Tell me something, please," she said, "Back there earlier, you were so scary. Please, tell me."

Donghae's heart softened. He did not expect her to react like that. Best friends, yes, they were. To Donghae, she wasn't just a best friend. She was something else. 

-

Yoona wiped her tears away, "My unni did that?"

"I don't know, Yoona," he looked at her with his eyes watery, "My umma's gone because of me. Because I brought this to her, I am at fault. It was all.. Because of me," he did not bother to wipe his tears away. Yoona put her hand on his, "No, silly," she smiled, "Things were meant to happen. God needs an angel like her beside him," 

Donghae looked at her, in the eyes. 

"Thank you," he looked down to wiped his tears away, "Thank you very much."

"It's okay. That is what friends are for."

Donghae looked up, To you, we are only friends?

Yoona looked at him, I see you more than a friend, oppa.

---

"Summer holidays are coming~" Seohyun sang to Yoona who was drinking her apple juice. Yoona smiled and nodded, "I know. I can't wait too," she high-fived Seohyun. They giggled and wondered what they should do during summer. Yoona was going to get a job and earn some money to help her mother. Seohyun nodded, "Let's do it together, bestfriends forever," she smiled. She hasn't spend a lot of time with Yoona ever since Donghae came along. She wasn't jealous, she just missed the times she spent with Yoona.

"Oppa," Yoona lost her focus and saw Donghae, "Here," she waved but she couldn't get his attention. He looked tired. His eye bags looked darker than before. He saw her but did not wave back. He walked slowly to her table and leaned on it. Donghae did not look good, he was not smiling. "What's wrong," Yoona asked, "You don't look good."

"I had a fight with my Dad," he sat down. He put his hand under his fringe and flipped it up, "Another scar is going to be on my forehead," he revealed a bandaged forehead. It looked red and swollen. He put his fringe down and adjusted his fringe so that it was not obvious that he hurt himself. He did not had any mood to eat.

"Donghae, can't you just forget about the past?"

"I can't. I can't forget the fact that I saw Umma die in front of me, I can't forget the sight of you going crazy."

"Why? Why wouldn't you forget it," his father hit the table. Donghae just looked at him, "Then why can't you give up? Nothing that you do will change me, or the past," Donghae wanted to walk away.

"Please," his father kneeled. Donghae shaked his head, "No. Never. It was your fault."

"I am sorry."

"Do you think that 'sorry' would bring Umma back? Huh," Donghae shouted, "You let it happen, in front of me! You were the one, you!-"

A hit in the head. Donghae fell. His father dropped the golf club, "Don't talk to me in that tone!"

Donghae let the blood drip off his forehead as he looked into the monsterous eyes of his father. It grew darker as his father walked to him. Donghae felt like screaming. But he was not a coward. He got onto his feet, "Come on, hit me. Isn't that what you want? You know what's better? Kill me," Donghae picked up the golf club. The darkness were gone. His father found out what he was doing, "Oh my god. Donghae, I am so-"

"Forget it," Donghae walked away, "I always end up hurt no matter what."

"Donghae, I will go to your house today," Yoona munched on her food and smiled, "We'll play ClueDo with your neighbour," she swallowed, "Or ride bicycles around the park," she put food into , "Or watch another horror movie," she swallowed, "And this is nice," she pointed at her plate of rice. Donghae laughed a little and ruffled her hair, "You dork, eat with your mouth close."

Seohyun witnessed the connection between them. It was good and fast. They knew exactly what each other wanted from the other. She watched them laugh. She found out that she will never have a connection like that with Yoona.

"Can I come along too," Seohyun asked. Donghae looked at Seohyun awkwardly, as if he did not want her to come along. He looked away, "Anything you want to do," he slurped some of Yoona's drink. 

"Yay, Seohyun, we are going to have lots of fun," Yoona cheered. 

-

Donghae walked to the kitchen to get them drinks. The two girls were left in his room. Yoona took this chance to talk to Seohyun alone, "Oh, finally. I can talk to you alone."

"Why, Yoong," Seohyun turned to her. Yoona played with her fingers as she thought of how to come up with a proper sentence, "I.. I think.. I.. I.. I have this... Weird feeling about him," Yoona whispered. Seohyun raised a brow, "Who," she looked around, pretending that she did not know who Yoona was talking about. Yoona hit her shoulder lightly before getting back to her sentence, "It's Donghae."

"Talk about it," Seohyun said. Yoona was about to do so, "Talk about what? My brother," the younger girl walked in, "Do you like my brother?"

"I-I-I-I," Yoona stuttered. Krystal walked in and sat with them, "Sorry, I am Krystal. Donghae's adopted little sister," she introduced herself and offered handshakes to the older ones, "Come on, talk about it."

Seohyun looked at her best friend, "Yeah, come on."

"You wouldn't tell Donghae oppa, right?"

Krystal shaked her head as she smiled sweetly, "My mouth is zipped," she pretended that she had a zip on as she brought two fingers across her lips, "Plus, I might help you." Yoona nodded and gulped, "I don't know what this is. It is like.. Everytime I part with him, I want to be with him again. Even when I can't see him, I still think of him," Yoona bit her lips, "I think.. I think I might.. I.. I think I.. Like.. D-"

"I am back," Donghae shut the door. He served the drinks out, "What were you girls talking about? Yoona, you like someone?"

He was worried. Yoona likes someone else, and not him? He bit his lips but he hoped for an answer. He looked at her as he passed her a can of coke. Yoona gulped, "Err," I like you, "No one." She lied. Seohyun looked at her with the 'tell him' eyes. Yoona thought that it was not a good timing to confess. It was too fast.

"Are you sure," Donghae asked again. 

"Su-Sure, of course. No one."

"Not even once?"

"No even once."

That drew disappointment on his face. He forgot that everyone was in the room and he looked down onto his lap. She never liked you, he thought, she sees you as a friend. He looked up and smiled, "Okay, let's play ClueDo," he pulled out the cards and started giving them out. Instead of focusing on the game, Donghae was falling back. He was thinking about her, Yoona.

"I got it," Yoona shouted. She has been winning the pass few rounds and Donghae hasn't even won one. 

Yoona giggled but stopped when she looked at him. He was not even focusing in the game, "Oppa?"

"Donghae?"

"Oppa~~," Krystal sang and waved a hand in front of him. He shaked his head lightly, "Yeah?"

"Are you okay, oppa," Yoona asked. He looked away, "I am.. Fine. I need to.. Go.. To the bathroom," he scurried to the bathroom. He ran out of the room and shut the bathroom door. The boy sat on the toilet bowl. He started laughing at himself, "No one likes you, Donghae," he looked into the mirror, "Like how Dasom did, Yoona will leave you." Everything in life was painful. Yoona was his joy, but according to his 'predictions', she was going to be another person who leaves him. He looked at his reflection, "Why," he asked the reflection. 

You're useless

No.

Yes. Because Yoona likes someone else.

She is just hiding things from me,

she doesn't want to confess to me this early.

You know that she wouldn't hide things from you.

She promised that to you, no secrets between you two.

Liar!

You are lying to yourself, boy.

No! Donghae shut his eyes. 

 

"Is he okay," Yoona asked. Both of them shrugged their shoulders. Yoona was sure that something was bothering him. 

"Back to you," Seohyun said, interrupting her thoughts, "You did not end your sentence."

"Oh, I didn't," Yoona nodded and gulped, "I think I am in love with Donghae."

---

Yoona ruined her relationship. Not literally, just for herself. She no longer sees him as a friend, Donghae was officially her crush. For Donghae, he finds himself walking in circles. He can't get to a conclusion. 

She has been coming to his house for th past three days. He had to ask her.

"Yoona, you really don't have a crush," Donghae asked again. Yoona looked at him, "Err," she looked away, not answering his question. 

"Hey," he pulled her to turn to him, "tell me. I need to hear this from you." 

Yoona did not know what to say. "I.. I.. I," her eyes couldn't look into his, "I'm.. I'm so sorry," she walked out of the balcony. Yoona went to look for Krystal who was in her own room. Donghae was left without an answer or a clue. He was crazy in love. He wanted, no, he needed to know what Yoona's thoughts of him are. He wanted to make sure about everything.

 

"Krystal-ssi," Yoona walked into her room, "I need help."

Yoona has never met things like that before. Love. It was something she never got into. She was crazy in love. She tried stopping herself but his look gets her out of breath. 

"What about it? My oppa," Krystal smiled. She was happy to hear all these. She has heard two sides of the stories, but she want things to happen in a natural way. "Yeah, I think he knows.. That I have a crush and he is.. Dying to know who it is," Yoona felt like biting her nails off, "What should I do?"

Krystal smiled sweetly, "Confess," she said it, like it was easy to do it. Yoona shaked her head, "I only knew him two months ago-"

"That is so long, unni," Krystal leaned closer, "I think my brother shouldn't remain single this long."

"But-"

"Come on. He is like the limited edition product, once it is sold out, you can never get him back," Krystal whispered. Yoona nodded but was still hesitant.

 

"I'm so sorry?"

He thought.

"So.. The person she was referring to wasn't me?"

He was reminded of that day.

"I don't know what this is. It is like.. Everytime I part with him, I want to be with him again. Even when I can't see him, I still think of him," I was eavesdropping by the door, "I think.. I think I might.. I.. I think I.. Like.. D-"

"Maybe.. It was not me?" 

"Hey, I am back," her voice broke his thoughts. He turned to see the beautiful lady walk to him. "What are you thinking of," she smiled. You, "Nothing," he lied. 

"Do you really want to know," she asked, "My crush?"

Donghae turned to look at her right away, "Of course," he nodded, "We can hide nothing from each other," he pinched her nose lightly, "Right?" Yoona smiled sweetly and pushed his hands away jokingly. "Okay then," she held both of his hands. He smiled at her, "What's this," he swung their hands, "come on, just say it," say that you love me, "Come on."

Yoona grinned and blushed a little. She hid her smile and looked back up, "It took me a lot of courage to speak out," she swung their hands, making Donghae laughed a little. He nodded, wanting her to go on, "Ever since we met, ever since I saw you outside that classroom, we became best friends. I thought we would stay like that," her cheeks felt hotter and hotter, "But I was wrong,"

Yes, Donghae thought, let that person you like be me, please. 

"The person I like is actually right in front-"

"It is obviously not you," a voice came from downstairs. They looked down, wondering who ruined their moment. God was also enjoying the show, hoping they two would be a couple, he was also as disappointed as them. Yuri was a tension breaker. She was right outside his house, looking at them, "The person she likes is.. What was that guy's name, " she lied, " Kwon Ji Yong."

Yoona's eyes widened. Donghae's heart stopped.

"Ji Yong? The guys who sits right in front of the class," Donghae shook off her hands, "Is he the one?"

Yoona know it was not but Yuri's glare pressured her more. She did not know what to do. 

"It must be," Donghae looked away, hiding tears in his eyes. Yoona shaked her head, but Donghae did not seemed to see it. She swallowed hard, pushing the tears down. She stepped back from the cold figure. 

"You should go, don't keep her waiting," Donghae said. He headed in, not even looking at her. Yoona was stuck to her spot. Her hands wanted to hold him back but her tears fell. She heard something broke. Something in her broke. But it was something more than that. Something else, not hers, broke.

"Donghae-"

She heard the door shut. 

Donghae leaned down against the door, "Yoona," he whispered, "Why?"

"Another one," he looked into the mirror. The man in the mirror said, "She's slipping out of your hands." 

Donghae's fingers trembled. His head shaking, not believing those words.

"Yes, she is. And soon, she will be gone. Far away," the voice lowered and darkened, "Far, far away."

"No,":Donghae screamed. The voice was gone. Donghae pushed himself onto bed, hugging a pillow, "No, Yoona. Please don't, " he looked into a photo of them, "Please don't slip out of my hands."

 

"What the heck, unni," Yoona said as soon as she saw her step sister. Yuri did not say a thing. Yoona was not going to give it in to her sister again, "What was that for?"

"What do you mean," Yuri turned back at her, "I was saving you."

Yoona rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "Saving me," Yoona walked pass her, "More like ruining me," Yoona walked further. Yuri chased after her, grabbing her shoulder to turn the doe-eyed girl, "You can't be with him." Yuri let go as soon as Yoona stopped walking. Her little sister shaked her head and started to walk away.

"Let me explain-"

"What is there left to explain, unni," Yoona turned, "I was so close to getting my happiness, " Yoona breathed out heavily, "do you always have to destroy everything?"

"I have something about my past," Yuri gained her little sister's attention, "That Donghae hasn't told you."

-

They sat on the swings at the playground near their house. To avoid Yoona catching her crying, Yuri pushed herself off the ground and swung as she started.

I stared into the television. It was the regular evening news.

Donghae's mother was sent to hospital after we left. I shouldn't have done that. I looked at the inhaler that were in my palms. Just if I left this there, probably it would have saved her life.

"I am so sorry, I am not accepting any interview," I heard a familiar voice. It was Donghae. Tears will all over his cheeks. The flashes of the reporters made him cover his eyes slightly. 

"But, boy, I heard that you knew who the three students who attacked your mother," I gasped. But I don't expect him to keep it away from the media. I ruined his life, he might want to ruin mine too. Somehow, I thought that I really deserved it.

"Err," he took a long time to answer the reporter. The mics that were in front of him went closer to him as the media was eager to know. "Yes, I do but," he looked into the camera. It felt as if he was talking to me, "I forgive them. I just hope that after Umma's case, no one else, may it be a parent or student, gets hurt ever again."

My eyes were stuck onto the television. i couldn't believe that he did not say a thing. No names nor clues.

"And I am not pressing charges against them. I just want to spend my time with Umma as soon as I can see her. Thank you," he walked away. No other reporter followed him. I saw his back jerking up and down, it was not very obvious but I just saw it. Crying.

I felt more gulity. 

"Yuri," my mother called me, "Come here for dinner."

"Oh.. Okay."

I decided to apologise to him the next day. And quit bullying.

But who knew that worse things would happen.

I approached him during his recess. He looked at me, with hatred and anger. I placed the inhaler in front of him, "I-I-I-I'm so sorry, Donghae," I bowed.

"Pfft," he shaked his head, "I don't need you to pity me, Kwon Yuri." He stood up and walked away. I thought he was just going to go on without looking back. "But you should be careful, Yuri," he looked at me, "I think that that secret of yours will be revealed soon."

I gasped. That only secret I had.

Choi Siwon.

Yoona gasped and stopped swinging, "Do-Donghae threatened you?"

Yuri continued her swinging and her story.

The next few weeks of school was hell to me. Whispers were heard as I walked around school. The secret was out. They all laughed secretly. I knew they were. Instead of bullying others, others bullied me. Verbally and physically. Hyuna and Hyorin turned away from me. They turned against me as well. I was left with nothing.

"Noona," I heard a voice as I got to my locker. It was Siwon. I suddenly stopped at what I was doing. I nearly dropped my books.

"Hey," I forced a smile. He walked to me, "You heard about the rumor, right?"

I nodded and I can't believe that he thought it was a rumor. It was true.

"You know what," he got serious. He stood straight in front of me with his arms crossed above his chest. He breathed heavily that I could even feel it. 

"I will never like you," I dropped my books literally. I did not bother to pick them up. I knew that he was not finished, "I heard everything about you. You bully people. You do the craziest things on earth," he paused, "Like intentionally attacking Donghae's mother and make her go to the hospital!"

I knew it was Donghae.

It could only be him.

"Wasn't bullying him already good enough," he roared. I jumped against my locker.

"All of the hates and bullying you get, I think it was what you deserved. Bad karma is yours," he looked away quickly, "For that, you will never have me."

Yoona got off the swing and stopped her sister's too. She knew that Yuri was in tears, "I am sorry that I did not know that, unni," Yoona wiped the tears off her sister's cheeks.

"But at least, I had someone else," Yuri smiled as another tear fell, "Kim Heechul who came to comfort me. And then, I never saw Donghae ever again. Until that day when you and him came to my shop."

Yoona felt apologetic, as if that she was the one who caused all the heart broke for her sister. 

"Let's go, Yoona," Yuri smiled and wiped her own tears away, "Let's go and find Umma."

Yoona smiled and held hands with her sister.

Do I still love Donghae now?

----

>< Is it too short? I lengthened it by adding Yuri's flashbacks! I hope that it was not disappointing. 

Donghae is so silly, it was obvious that Yoona likes him, right?

:(

Thanks for reading and wait for the next chapter!