Parrot's Beak ( Part I )

The Flower Boy

 

 

 

~*{Chapter Seven: Parrot's Beak}*~

 

 


 

 

~*~

 

Kyungsoo's eyes felt heavy with a unfounded numbness as he awoke slowly and noticed that the bedside lamp was still on. It took him a while to realize that they were back in the hotel and his eyes landed on Baekhyun- who was only a few inches away, sound asleep. Kyungsoo is unsure of how they gotten back to the hotel when the last thing he remembers was Baekhyun screaming his name before he out. 

A soft, tired sigh left Kyungsoo's lips as he snuggled closer to the taller one and took in the taller one's sweet, floral scent. A smile found it's way to Kyungsoo's lips as he watched Baekhyun sleep contently with parted lips as he snored. 

The smile from his face fell when he saw the tear-stained cheeks of the taller one and he realized that Baekhyun had been crying minutes before Kyungsoo awoke. Kyungsoo reached up and softly allowed his fingertips to outline the taller one's features- loving the feel of Baekhyun's skin against his fingers. He caught his breath and froze when Baekhyun stirred slightly in his sleep. 

Uncontrollably, his eyes landed on the taller one's light pink lips and Kyungsoo leaned in to place a soft kiss on Baekhyun's lips- enjoying the floral scent that filled his nostrils as he leaned close. Just as he pulled back, Baekhyun awoke, with a groggy expression, as he half-smiled at Kyungsoo.

"You're awake..." Baekhyun mumbled softly and Kyungsoo gave a soft nod as he gently wrapped his arms around the taller one. Baekhyun pulled Kyungsoo even closer before planting a soft kiss on the shorter one's nose.

"Are you alright...?"Kyungsoo asked, his face nuzzled into Baekhyun's neck and the older one shivered as Kyungsoo's breath glossed over his skin.

"How silly of you to ask. It should be me who is asking." Baekhyun responded as he began rubbing small circles on Kyungsoo's back. A soft sigh escaped Kyungsoo's lips as the shorter one pulled back to look up at Baekhyun.

"I'm alright, Baekhyun." Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun knew that the shorter one was lying. No way he'd be alright with all the morphine that was injected into him earlier.

"You must be hungry,love. Is there anything you'd like to eat?" Baekhyun asked as he pressed his lips softly against Kyungsoo's forehead.

Kyungsoo hummed softly. "Yes, but before that, what happened while I was out? Why was so much morphine injected into me?"

Baekhyun's face hardened as the taller one averted the shorter one's gaze. Baekhyun inhaled and exhaled softly before he exchanged glances with Kyungsoo. "You do not remember anything after you crashed to the ground?"

Kyungsoo shook his head, fear now apparent in his big round eyes, as he looked up at Baekhyun. "N-No...Baekhyun...what happened?"

Baekhyun sighed softly. "You do not need to know then. You just had another attack was all..."

Kyungsoo knew Baekhyun was lying and Baekhyun knew that Kyungsoo was aware of that lie. "Baek..."

Baekhyun slammed his lips against Kyungsoo's and wrapped his arms around the shorter one's tiny waist. Kyungsoo's eyes widen in shock when he received the kiss and naturally, his lips started to move along with the taller one's. Soft mewls escaped Kyungsoo's lips and Baekhyun pulled back since both were in need of oxygen. Kyungsoo had opened his mouth to speak as the taller one panted softly, but Baekhyun shook his head and gave another passionate kiss.

"Don't," Baekhyun breathed as he now hovered over the shorter one. "Don't ask. Don't even worry about it. I told you, let me just worry about it, my love."

Kyungsoo knew from the look in the taller one's eyes that even if he did ask, he wouldn't be told anything. Instead, he reached up and fisted the taller one's dark brown locks before tugging him down for a soft kiss. Baekhyun reacted immediately as he pressed into the shorter one while biting and nibbling on Kyungsoo's soft lips. 

Kyungsoo didn't have to ask. He knew everything from the tone of Baekhyun's voice and from the emotions that lay barely hidden in the taller one's eyes- his condition was getting worse by the second. The comfirmination of Kyungsoo's guess came when he felt small tears land on his face. He pulled back to see the taller one gazing down at him with a heart wrenching gaze while the tears seeped quietly from his eyes.

Kyungsoo used every bit of strength to hold back the tears as he tugged Baekhyun down once more and brushed the stray tears away with his lips before he pulled back to smile at the boy who hovered over him. 

"Don't cry...." Kyungsoo whispered as his voice cracked slightly. Baekhyun was no fool. He could see the shorter male holding back his tears and that only tore at his heart more. He was supposed to be the stronger one because Kyungsoo was the one who needed him, but Baekhyun was afraid that he's starting to become the one who needed the other.

Their lips met in a desperate frenzy as Baekhyun gripped at Kyungsoo's waist as Kyungsoo locked his arm around the taller one's neck. 

"I love you Do Kyungsoo..." Baekhyun breathed as he placed his lips at Kyungsoo's earlobe and Kyungsoo's grip around the taller one tightened at those words.

"I love you too, Byun Baekhyun. I love you." Kyungsoo whispered back and he could feel his heart flutter as Baekhyun began peppering his face with soft, sweet kisses that seemed to make time stop- even for just a second. 

 

~*~

 

The color seemed to drain from Kyungsoo's cheeks as they walked out the airport. Kris said it was natural for Kyungsoo to loose color since traveling was sure to be a hindrance on Kyungsoo's body, but Kyungsoo was happy nonetheless. They had arrived in the Canary Islands and Kyungsoo was once again, simply blown away.

"Love, do you like chocolate or vanilla?" Baekhyun suddenly asked once they had settled into their hotel room. Baekhyun walked over to Kyungsoo, who was seated at the edge of the bed,  and cupped the shorter one's face before bringing their foreheads together.

Kyungsoo stares up at him in confusion before answering cautiously. "Vanilla."

A small smile dance along Baekhyun's lips before he leaned in to softly place a gentle peck on Kyungsoo's plump ones. "Alright."

Kyungsoo reached up to hug the taller one around the waist before peering up at him. "Why do you ask?"

Baekhyun leaned down to give Kyungsoo another soft, sweet peck- longer then the first one. "You'll find out soon enough, Love. For now, let's get some rest, okay?"

Kyungsoo nodded and scrambled his way under the covers, pulling Baekhyun along with him. A soft chuckle left the taller one's lips as Kyungsoo snuggled into him under the covers. Baekhyun's arms locked around him, pulling him even closer so that their lips could meet for a brief second- but a sweet second nonetheless.

"Baekhyun, may I ask you something?" Kyungsoo breathed softly as he hid his face in the taller one's chest.

A soft hum left Baekhyun's lips as he allowed his fingers to playfully slide Inbetween Kyungsoo's soft strands. "Of course, my love."

"What is it about me that you love?"

When Kyungsoo received no reply, he pulled back to look up at the taller one. He saw a soft smile, with a touch of sorrow, on the taller one's lips that forced his heart to flutter and his cheeks to burn.

"Everything about you is lovable. Your kindness, your smile, your beauty, your laugh, your wisdom and your heart. Everything about you is so precious and endearing. I love you so much that I do not know what words I can use to describe the extent of my love for you. You are my better half, Do Kyungsoo."

As his words sunk it, Baekhyun was graced with a beautiful, dazzling smile from Kyungsoo- one that made his heart grow tight and go crazy. He was then gifted with a sweet kiss just moments later.

"Baekhyun...?"

"Yes, my love?"

"I love you."

Baekhyun smiled brightly as he pecked Kyungsoo's nose gently. "I love you, too. May I ask you something in return?"

"Of course."

Baekhyun hesitated as he Kyungsoo's cheek gently.  "Do you perhaps....."

"What is it?"

"No, it is nothing. Never mind."

Kyungsoo, now worried, reached up to cup the taller one's face before locking gazes. "Tell me."

Baekhyun sighed as he softly placed a kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead. " Do you regret this?"

Shock flickered in Kyungsoo's eyes as Baekhyun stared at him patiently waiting. A soft sigh left Kyungsoo's lips as he captured the taller one's lips in a soft kiss.

"I am going to be honest with you. I do and I don't. I do regret this in some ways because you're giving me such wonderful memories that I do not deserve and you're loving me in such a way that I could have only dreamed about. I regret not being able to met you in a better condition.However, I love you and the times spent with you will never be something I regret."

 

Baekhyun didn't say anything back as he brushed his thumb along Kyungsoo's bottom lip- watching as it trembled slightly from his touch. His eyes were glossy from the tears he held back and instead, he smiled down at Kyungsoo softly before gifting the shorter one with a soft kiss.
 
"Baekhyun....say something..." Kyungsoo murmured and Baekhyun just continued to pepper the shorter one's face with bittersweet kisses.
 
"There is not much to say, my love. There is not much to say other than that I love you, but I'm sure I have said that about a million times today." Baekhyun joked lightly, but there was no sense of humor in his voice that could be detected.
 
A soft whine left Kyungsoo's lips as he placed a soft kiss on Baekhyun's jaw. "Do not look like that."
 
A small lifeless laugh left Baekhyun's lips as he gazed at the shorter one. "Look like what?"
 
"Like you are breaking. You look like you are on the verge of breaking completely." 
 
Baekhyun opened his mouth, but closed it almost instantly as he flashed a small smile towards his lover. "Shhs, now, get some rest."
 
Kyungsoo could see that Baekhyun was slowly cracking either from the stress or sorrow- maybe even both. He wanted to help Baekhyun, but he can't fix something if there is no way to fix it.
 
Kyungsoo wanted to cry. He wanted to tell Baekhyun that it would all be alright, but he knew he had no place to do so. Instead he forced a smile and kissed Baekhyun slowly and sweetly.
 
"I want to take a picture." Baekhyun mumbled and Kyungsoo gave a slight nod.
 
"Alright, let's take one." Kyungsoo agreed and Baekhyun slipped from his arms to retrieve the camera from his bag that laid on the floor. After returning to Kyungsoo's side, he quickly lifted the camera towards them and pulled Kyungsoo closer to him.
 
"Ready....1,2,3 say Kimchi~" Sung Baekhyun and Kyungsoo smiled brightly towards the camera while the click went off.
 
"How did it turn out?" Kyungsoo asked as Baekhyun lowered the camera to check the photo.  Kyungsoo watched as a wide grin danced among Baekhyun's lips.
 
"It came out perfect. You're beautiful and breathtaking." murmured Baekhyun and Kyungsoo could feel his heart flutter as his cheeks burned.
 
"Y-You are over exaggerating." mumbled Kyungsoo as he quickly hid himself under the light blue covers to hide his blush.
 
A earnest, soft laugh left Baekhyun's lips as he set the camera on the bedside table and snuggled under the covers along with Kyungsoo.

"Peak-a-boo~" teased Baekhyun and Kyungsoo chewed on his bottom lip as he attempted to slip from under the covers, but Baekhyun had already locked him into an embrace before he could do so.
 
Baekhyun could see the shorter one's cheeks flourish with a bright red tint as he pulled the other closer to him and allowed their lips to brush. A laugh left Kyungsoo's lips as the taller one began running his fingers down Kyungsoo's side- where Baekhyun knew the shorter one was ticklish.
 
"S-Stop! It tickles!" squeaked Kyungsoo through his laugh and Baekhyun laughed as well before he embraced the shorter one once more.
 
"I love you, Kyungsoo." Baekhyun grinned and Kyungsoo grinned back.
 
"I love you too."
 
"You know, you say it back too much."
 
Kyungsoo shook his head before placing a kiss on the taller one's nose. "There is no such thing as saying it too much."
 
"I know. I know. I love hearing it anyway."
 
Kyungsoo playfully rolled his eyes as he pushed the cover down from their heads to allow some air to reach them before he snuggled into Baekhyun's embrace. A soft, content sigh left his lips as he allowed his eye lids to flutter close to welcome sleep.
 
 
 
~*~
 
 
"Love....Love, wake up!" Baekhyun called softly as he shook the shorter one. Kyungsoo's eyes fluttered open as he entered a groggy half-asleep, half-awake state. 
 
"What is it-?" Started Kyungsoo as he rubbed his eyes and pushed himself to sit up, but he stopped as soon as he glanced around the hotel room. 
 
Baekhyun had decorated it, completely. Dark blue balloons floated around the room as little banners hung messily along the walls. Two small wrapped up gifts laid on the hotel coffee table next to a small cake. A teddy bear holding a obvious envelope sat on the other side of the cake and Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he took in the scene.
 
Confusion twisted Kyungsoo's face as he was now awake and he turned his attention to the taller one who wore a bright smile. " Baekhyun, what is all of this?"
 
Baekhyun gave a slight shrug before picking the shorter boy up off the bed and into a bridal-style position in his arms. "A birthday celebration."
 
The taller one quickly walked over to the coffee table and sat Kyungsoo on the cushion hotel chair facing the cake before taking a seat right next to Kyungsoo.
 
"It is your birthday?"
 
"No." Baekhyun answered back as he reached for a single white candle and placed it in the middle of the cake. 
 
"Who's is it then? It is certainly not mine since my birthday has already passed this year."
 
Baekhyun quickly got up and retrieved the camera before returning to Kyungsoo's side. "I know. It is our birthday."
 
Kyungsoo paused for a second as it took a few moments for the taller one's words to sink in. "Ours?"
 
Baekhyun gave a nod as he pulled out a lighter and lit the single candle. "Yes, ours. My birthday has already passed and It won't be till next year....."
 
Baekhyun's voice suddenly trailed off and Kyungsoo didn't have to ask to know why. By the time Baekhyun's next birthday or even his own  rolled around, he would be six feet under the ground- dead. 
 
He could see the taller one's eyes grow glossy and wet with threatening tears as Baekhyun fumbled with his fingers- using every last part of him to prevent the tears from escaping. 
 
Kyungsoo felt that he too would start crying because it was as if the taller one had read his mind. His heart swelled with pure love and happiness as he glanced at the cake. It was beautiful and so perfect. It was a small round cake with blue frosted flowers along the edges and it didn't take long to realize that the frosting flowers were Forget-Me-Nots.
 
A dazzling and breathtaking smile graced his lips as he cupped Baekhyun's face and brought their lips together. Baekhyun smiled in the kiss, the feeling of wanting to cry retreating as he indulged himself in the sweet kiss he was blessed with.
 
"Thank you. Thank you so much, Baekhyun. This is incredibly sweet and so perfect....." Kyungsoo spoke with a huge, sincere smile on his face and a few tears of happiness with a dash of sorrow escaped from his eyes. 
 
Baekhyun returned the smile as he brushed Kyungsoo's few tears away. "Let's blow out the candles, okay?"
 
Kyungsoo nodded and they both turned towards the cake. 
 
"Okay, ready? 1....2....3...." Baekhyun sang softly and together they blew out the single candle.
 
"What did you wish for?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
Baekhyun smiled. "Nothing. You are all that I want."
 
Kyungsoo's cheeks burned once more as he exchanged soft gazes with the taller one. "How silly of you to say that...."
 
Baekhyun laughed softly. " It is true. What did you wish for, my love."
 
Kyungsoo opened his mouth to speak, but immediately closed it.
 
"Tell me." Baekhyun pressed and Kyungsoo lowered his eyes as he inhaled deeply.
 
"I wished that I would atleast live to spend Christmas with you..." Kyungsoo mumbled out softly and when he heard no reply, he glanced up to see that a heart-shattering look had taken over Baekhyun's features.
 
"I....I am sure you will. "Baekhyun replied, but it sounded more as if he was convincing himself. Silence befell them as Baekhyun cut the cake and a small smile found it's way to Kyungsoo's lips when he saw the inside of the cake- vanilla.
 
The shorter one realized that Baekhyun had this planned and his heart fluttered erratically. 
 
"It is vanilla...." breathed Kyungsoo and Baekhyun smiled when he saw the shorter one's face lit up at the sight of the cake.
 
"Of course, My love. " Baekhyun replied softly as he placed a piece of cake on a small plate for the shorter one. 
 
Kyungsoo could feel the tears b in his eyes as he glanced over the decorations once more. 
 
"I love you." Kyungsoo blurted and Baekhyun glanced up at the shorter one with a wide grin.
 
"I love you, too. " Baekhyun whispered softly as he exchanged a sweet kiss with the shorter one.
 
However, somewhere in the back of Kyungsoo's mind- he knew. He knew that his time must be drawing faster than he thought because Baekhyun looked completely destroyed as they held their small birthday celebration. The taller one was trying and trying and Kyungsoo could see his efforts, but Baekhyun was on the brink of destruction and the guilt tore at Kyungsoo's dying heart.
 
Death was making long strides towards him and Kyungsoo knew that Baekhyun was trying his best to mentally prepare for it, but that's just the thing- you can't prepare to lose someone. 
 
Kyungsoo glanced at the camera that laid on the table as Baekhyun helped him open their presents.
 
"Do you like them?" Baekhyun asked softly as he held up two matching sweaters. Kyungsoo nodded as he smiled brightly at the taller one.
 
"I love them. Let's wear them and take a picture!" Kyungsoo suggested and Baekhyun nodded. They both slipped on  the plain, light yellow with mini red hearts sweaters and settled back onto the couch.
 
Baekhyun lifted the camera up as they huddle together.
 
"Ready....?"
 
"1."
 
"2."
 
"3."
 
"Kimchi~"
 
And Click goes the camera.
 
 
~*~
 

 

AN:// wasn't going to split this into two chapters, but I decided to. so enjoy. ignore any mistakes. I love you all. <3