Ready to go ~ [Airport pt 1.]

Two Shot [Airport]

 


“Eunjin-ah!” My mother’s sharp, usual call filled the hall.

“Ne! Umma!” I replied back.

“Accompany your brother to the airport! His flight is in an hour or so!”

I sighed.
 

Trips to the airport were no problem for me; it’s the goodbye that usually strikes me in a mournful aura. My brother wouldn’t be gone for long; he just needed to take care of things at his upcoming college in America. It could be anyone leaving, and I’d be in the type of mood wanting him or her to stay, but of course it’s needed for him or her to temporarily go.

“Ne.” I told back.

I slowly dragged my feet to the almost emptied out room of my brother. He was busy packing more of his belongings into his luggage. I peeked from the door, and slowly pushed it open. He still didn’t realize, since he was so concentrated with what he was doing. By the time I knew it, I was sitting on the edge of his bed watching him rummage through piles of clothes.

I pouted. Then suddenly came a false sound of a cough, of course I had to break the ice.

“Oh Eunjin-ah, you’re here.”  He faintly smiled.

I scoffed at him and crossed my arms in annoyance.

“I’ve been here, pabo!”

“Yah. As your oppa, I can’t allow you to call me names like that. Respect your elders, little girl.” He smirked.

I rolled my eyes and snatched the pillow next to me. I started embracing it tightly and suddenly my eyes caught the picture of him and me doing stupid poses, it was sitting upon the desk beside the bed. I felt the tears in my eyes suddenly wanting to urge out.

He caught up with my little moment and made his way beside me.

“Princess.” He put an arm around my shoulder.

The way he always called me Princess, I’m seriously going to miss that.
I pushed him away from me and continued to squeeze the pillow.

“I won’t be gone for long! I’ll be back in no time.” He tried to comfort me.

Who’s going to comfort me the way he does?

“O-Oppa.. Don’t go.” Finally the tears streamed from my eyes, down my cheeks.

His thumbs reacted quickly. They wiped them away and suddenly, I felt myself in his arms.

“Princess, we’ll keep in touch! I won’t neglect my duty of being an older brother you know! I’ll be here for you always, remember?”

He caressed my hair, knowing that it soothe me well.

I then nodded my head and patted his back.

“Thanks oppa. You can finish your packing now.” I smiled, shaking my emotional self off.

He smiled, and went at it again with his materials.

* I’m going to miss my only brother .. now I won’t have anyone to care for me the way he does. *

I walked out of the room to mine, to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oppa!” I whined, strolling the luggage from behind. For a small luggage, it felt like it weighed tons. I glanced over at the luggage that he was dragging, it looked even more massive. I shouldn’t even be complaining.

“Almost there, Princess.” He ruffled my hair with his free hand.

I huffed my cheeks and clucked my tongue at him. I wasn’t really the patient type.

Finally we got to a secluded table.

I literally flew to the booth and instantly had myself relax.

“Ugh. Airports and their comfy seats.” I told sarcastically, though I was thankful I had something to rest on.

He chuckled at my childishness.

My attentive self turned to the table beside us. I heard a conversation of two, well actually, an argument. Must be a couple.

There was a guy who seemed to be snapping at the girl. He had a dirty blonde color drenched into his perfectly combed hair, his eyes were so fired up but if you took a closer look, they somehow looked immensely gorgeous, the cheekbones planted beneath his flawless face seemed to poke out, leaving you in awe on how well shaped his head structure was. He was simply beautiful.
How could a beautiful man seem to have such a harsh, cold tone in voice?

“Eunji-ah!” The voice halted my little observation.

Gosh I feel like a creeper now.

“Oh ne?”

“What are you staring at?” He followed my previous gaze, and then a little grin formed on his face.

“Checking out that guy huh?” He winked.

“No” I denied.

“No boys at your age young lady!” He teased.

“I’m 19!” I played along.

Suddenly we clutched our stomach and began to laugh like maniacs. Causing a little disruption, the couple beside us turned their attention to us.

“Don’t I sound like dad!” He mocked.

I nodded my head laughing.

My eyes then met with the guy. I felt my heart pick up it’s pace a thousand times faster. I gave out an awkward smile.

He just smirked.

“Oppa. Why are you staring at her!” The girl across from him tugged on his arm.

I felt a bit of disappointment in me realizing he was taken. Wait, what am I saying? I don’t even know the guy.

I turned to my brother again, who had a I-saw-that type of expression on his face.

As if I could read his mind, I blurted out a “Shut up.”

He chuckled at my red face.

“Hyuna we’re through! Why did you even follow me here?! I clearly came here to get away from YOU! You’re like all the other s anyway” Once again the guy’s harsh words were flying around.

*Ooh he must be a player and she must be some hooker * I judged.

“Why don’t you just talk to him, to ease off that curiosity of yours?” My brother suggested.

I shot him a weird look.

“Aren’t you supposed to be a protective brother?”

He nodded his head and answered, “yeah but, I can’t see you die forever alone.” He winked.

I scoffed at him and lightly kicked his leg.

“Such a dork, yet I still love you.” I smiled.

“Why do you keep staring at her?!” I turned back to the drama next to us.

The guy was clearly staring at me.

“I know her..” He began.

* HE DOES?! *

My brother was now busy playing with his ipad, unlike me who was eavesdropping on some random conversation.

“Yes.. She’s an old friend of mine. I’m going to approach her.” He scurried away from his seat, grabbed his belongings, and came over to our table.

I gulped at the sight of him.

My brother looked up from his ipad and at him.

He sheepishly smiled, then brought his eyes towards me. I felt like he sent me a “Now’s your chance” message.

“Hey. Sorry about this, but I kind of have an overly attached stalker over there..” He gestured his finger towards the girl who was eyeing me.

“And I was wondering if you could play along as a dear close friend of mine?” He whispered.

My brother spoke for me, “She took theatre so that won’t be a problem.”

*OPPA! GRR *

I smiled at him, not knowing what to say. My brother pressed on my foot with his.

“O-Oh s-sure.” I stuttered.

I made some room for him to sit. He slowly sat down and shot the girl a look.

“You can go now.” He mouthed.

She stayed put on her chair, not convinced.

He rolled his eyes and turned his head towards me.

“I’m Key by the way.” He smiled.