Chapter 2

Puzzle Pieces

 

Chapter 2:

Lee Joon

            He sat there on the seat, dozing off under the hat that hid his face. He immediately woke up as soon as he heard the door open, only to see Alice walk in. As soon a he saw her, he couldn’t breathe. Everything about her was so perfect, it took everything for him to not run up and kiss her then and there. She glanced toward his direction and frowned a little before sitting down at an empty table nearby.

            He watched her for a few minutes, astonished by her beauty. “Do you know?” he thought, “do you know that you were the love of my life before you disappeared?”

            Suddenly, he got up and moved towards her. He pulled up a chair and sat across from her.

            “Hi,” he said with his classic smile that made girls go crazy. “Long time no see.”

            She looked up from her paper. “Do I know you?”

            “I’m ChangSun… You know, Lee ChangSun. Remember me?”

            She frowned and scrunched her eyebrows together, as if she were trying to remember something. Then she looked at Lee Joon with disappointment. “Maybe I do… I’m sorry, it’s confusing right now.”

            “Oh, no problem,” he said casually, brushing her reply off like it was nothing. But on the inside, it wasn’t nothing. It hurt him to know that his memories were only shared with himself; that the most important being in his whole life didn’t remember him. But why?

            “YooJin, do you really not remember me?”

            She suddenly froze up. “H-h-how did you know my name?”

            “I know everything about you.”

            Flustered, she quickly got up. “I’m sorry, I have to go. Please don’t talk to me again — ever.”

            Before he could even move out of his chair, she was already out of the shop. Quickly coming to his senses, he chased her and caught up with her. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her into his embrace. She stiffened up again, before quickly pushing him back.

            “Who do you think you are?” she asks angrily. “Don’t ever touch me again!”

            She quickly turned away and strode off to the bus stop, without realizing that she dropped something. Lee Joon, devastated, slowly walked and picked up what she dropped; a little book. He flipped through the pages, only to find an address scrawled on the front. He would have to return it to her, but not today.

Alice

            As soon as Alice got home, she ran into her room and sat on her bed, grasping her head. Her brain was pulsing, racking her whole mind. Memories came shooting back towards her, memories from high school all concerning ChangSun. Everything was so overwhelming, she didn’t know what to do but just sit there with her eyes tightly closed. She finally opened her eyes and laid on the bed. “I need to talk to him again,” she thought, “But how?”