Final

The Dreamer (One Shot)

So far there are 7,063,47,112 people on this earth, 92,995 have died and 217,845 have entered the planet. Think about it, one has died another has lived and one will be yours. One will be with you. Cherish you. Love you. Out of all those numbers, there is one specific one that would be yours. Truely yours.

Victoria admired the summer's day throughout her bedroom window. She pictured the visuals as if it was a monet painting. Subtle yet cunning, beautiful yet rare. The sounds of the grandfather clock echoed within the room, tick tick, it sang. A haunting yet monotonic tune that chorused within her ears making the alluring girl close her eyes in a rapt trance. She hummed a tune, gently taping her fingers within the beat. She pictured herself, walking in a magical garden wearing an alluring white dress while butterflies and enchanting birds followed her around, as if she was in a disney movie. When suddenly, reaching the of her dreaming came a man. A man with no face. A man with no identity. Victoria cringed as the dream continued on. What was she dreaming?

A yell was heard from a distance as Nichkhun furthered away from the dark alley way. The clock striked 8 and already the place was as dark as dark could be. Nichkhun stood within the train stop hoping not to catch the eyes of anybody around the station. It was hard for him. Living alone and painting postcards for a living was tough, considering that he had to skip meals in order to pay the bills. The train arrived and surprisingly it was empty. Claiming the seat in the corner of the train, Nichkhun opened his satchel as he admired todays work. He painted the usual. Flowers, landscapes and even food. A small smile appeared on his face, satisfied with what he had accomplished.

The next day was peek hour for the city. Businessmen in their sleek, Italian suits strutted the pathways while cars honked and swarmed on the city's road. Victoria was in the middle of accepting change from the ahjumma who just happened to buy a kilo of apples when suddenly the strong wind gushed off her strawberry stand. Thankfully, people who witnessed the scene kindly helped her, picking up the punnets of strawberries. Victoria worked at a fruit stand on the busy streets of Seoul where she happened to receive enough pay for herself and the apartment. It was only a year ago when Victoria danced on the wooden, sleek floors of Korea's elite dance academy when she suddenly got replaced by equally talented women who only had the money to rip her off her scholarship leaving her broke and alone.

Nickhun just finished painting a picture of an elderly couple who were sitting at a park's bench when suddenly his stomach growled. Last time he had a meal was yesterday morning- courtesy to his elderly neighbors. Standing up, he stretched as his eye twitched from the morning sun rays. Lazily grabbing his satchel, he headed towards the pathways of the city, hoping to find a better spot to rest or better yet a cheaper place to eat. Victoria sank on her wooden stool as she fanned herself from the summer's heat. It was definitely hot, too hot to be exact. Staring down at the money till, Victoria sighed, obviously stressed with the money she's been making recently. Suddenly a sound of somebody clearing their throat was heard and Victoria looked up only to notice a young man holding a single apple.

"I'll just get this, thanks" He smiled, giving the single coin to Victoria.

Victoria bowed as she watched his body slowly disappearing into the crowd only to realize that he sat a few meters away from infront of her stand. Not even realizing a small yet subtle smile crept upon her face. For the past two weeks, this was Nickhun's daily routine. Buying a single apple or even two if he was lucky, and sitting on the nearby benches, painting the by passers. Day by day, night by night the same, old usual dream was haunting Victoria. It wasn't a scary dream but the fact that it kept on repeating every night haunted her. It started off with her walking around a mystical garden when suddenly a man, with no identity approached her. But in between every dream, it changed. Bit by bit, Victoria felt as if she knew who was in her dream. It felt like she knew him. This then, made Victoria want answers.

The summer heat caressed Victoria's cheek as she continued unloading the boxes of freshly grown fruit. Sighing to herself in defeat, Victoria dumped the last boxes of strawberries as she slumped onto the her wooden stool.

"Life is hard" She mumbled to herself not even realizing who was in front of her.
"Ditto" The young man chuckled, holding two shiny, red apples
.Nichkhun smiled as he admired the lady before him. She was beautiful. Too, beautiful to be exact.
Which got him thinking, whats' a beautiful young girl doing at a fruits stall?

"Don't you want to buy
the persimmon's for a change?" Victoria asked, slighting making the young man frown in confusion.
A small chuckle escaped out of Victoria.

"A what?" Nichkhun said in confusion, a shade of crimson slowly forming on his cheeks.

Victoria laughed again.

"Persimmons!" She pointed towards the fruit, sending the two laughing hysterically.
"Hm no thanks" He smiled, giving the two single coins to her.
In fact, he lied. He wanted the persimmon's but he needed to save the some money for his train ticket in able to get home.

Sitting on his usual spot, which was a few metes infront of the fruit stand, Nichkhun opened the the paper bag which contained his two, shiny apples only to realize that a persimmon was also in it. Shocked but also touched, a small smile slowly crept upon his face. Little did he know that Victoria was also smiling from a distance.

A month had passed after the encounter with Nichkhun and Victoria desperately fell ill. After having two weeks of work leave, Victoria didn't have the right amount of money to buy herself some medicine. Slowly getting up from her flat mattress, Victoria made her way towards the door not forgetting to bring her hooded jacket. She went out for a walk. They say that the best medicine is laughter but as for Victoria she believed it was inhaling fresh air. Slowly walking around the park way, Victoria smiled as the sound of children laughing and birds chirping were tuning in her ears. Nichkhun frowned as he watched an old ahjumma replacing Victoria's position at the fruit stand.
"Young man, do you want to buy some apples?" The Ahjumma suddenly spoke up, waking Nichkhun from his trance. Nichkhun stared down from the boxes of apples as he politely shook his head. Not only were they a dollar more expensive but Victoria wasn't there to sell them.
The sun was slowly setting and the moon was slowly approaching. Victoria huffed her bangs as she stared down from her hands which contained a few coins then back at the train. She knew this was wrong but it was better than nothing? She'd rather not faint in the middle of the streets then get gang . She'd rather take the train home then save the risk of her fainting. Victoria entered the train as she lazzily sat on the corner of the train admiring the the scene throughout the window. The train slowly swiveled as the sounds of the train tracks slowly echoed throughout the train. Bit by bit, Victoria fell asleep.

The dream slowly repeated itself as Victoria dreaded to wakeup. Scene by scene, it was all the same. The begun and as expected the man with no identity approached her. His steps were slow yet gentle, peaceful yet harming as they moved closer and closer towards Victoria. Just then, with the tap on the shoulder Victoria instantly woke up and came back to reality. Right there was a young man, standing before her. It was him. The man who visited her everyday from the fruit stall.
"Hello" Victoria smiled, as he smiled back.
At that moment, Victoria knew who he was. It was him. The man from her dream.

 

So far there are 7,063,47,112 people on this earth, 92,995 have died and 217,845 have entered the planet. Think about it, one has died another has lived and one will be yours. One will be with you. Cherish you. Love you. Out of all those numbers, there is one specific one that would be yours. Truly yours.

They say love begins in unusual places and as for Victoria it just happened to begin in her dream
.
 

 

 

 

The End

 


Thinking of writing a sequel~