03: I'm Okay

Tangled

 

Minho laughs out loud when he listened to her blind date failure stories. From a cocky guy to a cussing mafia, Minho definitely couldn’t hold up his laughter causing some people inside the small shoe store to stare at those two.

 

‘Oppa! How can you be laughing like this? Now I think no one would marry me and I’ll be alone for the rest of my miserable life…!’ Jiyeon says frustratingly and buries her face into her palms.

 

‘Aigoo… Don’t be so dramatic! You’re still young, Yeon-ah. There’ll be loads of men lining up to be your husband.’ He tries to persuade her, wrapping his arm around Jiyeon’s shoulders.

 

‘I almost got a perfect guy when Seungri came and ruined everything.’ Jiyeon says without thinking and her words give Minho quite a shock.

 

‘Mwo? Seungri? That Seungri? You’ve met him?’

Realizing that she said things that she shouldn’t mention, Jiyeon covers with her palms.

 

‘Haha… Yeah… He’s here, in SK…’ She says in a low voice, looking down at the tiled floor.

 

‘He’s bothering you? Don’t you know? He’s already married, to IU.’

 

‘Eh? You already knew?’

 

‘IU came to see me at the gym during practice. But hey, you knew too?’

Jiyeon can only nod at his question. The smile she had on her face before vanished right after IU’s name was mentioned.

 

‘Park Jiyeon.  The other day, did you cry because of him? Do you still have feelings for that good for nothing guy?’ Minho asks, feeling quite angry.

 

‘A..Aniyo. Why would I cry because of him? Those were high school times, Oppa. They didn’t mean anything now.’ She says, her voice’s cracking.

‘Besides, I think he’s happy with Jieun.’

 

Minho sighs, seeing her like this. He knew she’s lying.

 

‘Good. And what you said before. About him, came and ruined everything. What happened?’ He asks again, curious.

 

‘Oh, that thing? Nothing really. We just met, had coffee and that’s that.’ She lied again.

 

‘And that’s called ruining everything? Tell me.’ Minho crosses his arms, looking seriously at her face.

 

‘Please, Oppa. No more questions about him.’ She stutters and she seems like she’s feeling so uncomfortable.

Thinking about her feelings, Minho stops asking and pulls the petite girl in front of him into a tight hug.

 

‘If you cry again, I won’t hesitate to find that guy and beat the crap out of his face. He left you before and I won’t let him hurt you again.’

 

‘Oppa…’

 

 

‘Minho Oppa…! Oh…’ A sweet female voice rang through the area, causing the two to withdraw from the hug.

 

‘Oh, Suzy-ya. How’s everything? Okay?’ Minho asks weakly and tries to pull up a smile.

 

‘Everything’s set. I knew I should ask Jiyeon Onnie to come and help me choose…’ The pony tail haired girl says sarcastically while looking suspiciously at those two. She definitely didn’t like the sight that she saw before.

 

‘You’re right. Jiyeon always makes a perfect choice on every shoe around. So, you want her to come with you and choose again?’

 

‘No thanks. We’re already late.’ The girl turns away, stomps her feet and walks away from the shop.

 

‘I think the idea of bringing me to shop is not good.’ Jiyeon’s feeling so uncomfortable after seeing Suzy’s reaction.

 

‘No. You’re my style advisor, remember? My clothes and shoes are all yours to decide. Suzy’s always like that. Don’t take her actions and words into your heart, okay?’ Minho pats his dongsaeng’s head gently and soon, both of them walk out of the shop after paying for Suzy’s shoes.

 

 

***

 

Knocks can be heard and the door clicks open after that. Seungri immediately tidies his desk, putting scattered papers on one side and straightens his posture.

 

‘Hyun-ah. Are you busy?’ A long haired girl slowly enters the small office.

 

‘No. Not at all. Come in.’

She takes a seat on the couch in front of the desk, looking around the room. Seungri gets up from his chair and walks towards his wife.

 

‘You did a great job on this office, Jieun-ah. I really like it.’ He says and sits beside her on the black couch.

 

‘Really? Well, I’m afraid that you would spend most of your time here if I make it all pretty. This is not the best that I could do you know…’ She says happily, resting her head on his shoulder. Seungri lets out a chuckle at her words.

‘I met Minho Oppa yesterday. He invited us to his wedding. We can come, right?’

 

‘Oh… Of course we’ll go.’ He answers weakly, squeezing her left hand tight.

 

‘It kinda reminds me of our wedding day. You, me and those crowds. It’s almost three years, right?’

 

‘Yeah, I guess…’

 

‘I wonder when we’ll have our own kids, Hyun-ah.’

Seungri’s taken aback by her words. The grip on IU’s hand loosens.

 

‘I don’t know, Jieun… Can you? Are we ready for that?’

 

‘Well, I do. Let’s go and see the doctor. I’m sure they can do something.’ IU looks at his face with hope glittering in her eyes.

 

‘I don’t want you to push yourself too much, Jieun-ah. I don’t mind if we don’t have any kids…’

The truth is, he does mind. The thought of little kids, running around the house sometimes even went to his dreams. Their parents also asked them about children whenever they came to visit. But it’s IU. She has some kind of complications that it’s hard for her to get pregnant.

 

‘Thank you, Seunghyunie. But I wanna try. I want to be a mother like every other married woman out there.’ She says sadly and kisses his cheek. Seungri smiles at her and pulls his wife into his embrace.

‘I love you, Seunghyun-ah.’

 

Seungri doesn’t answer as his wife slowly closes her eyes, falling in a deep sleep in his arms.