01: Breakdown

Tangled

 

Falling down from a ten foot tree, poked with hundreds of needles and being slapped hard on the face. That’s what she’s feeling now. No, it’s much worse than that.

 

‘Ah.. Really? Well, congratulations then.’ It’s like there’s a lump in . She tries to hold the tears in her eyes.

 

‘Gumawo.’

 

‘I think I should leave. Minho Oppa must’ve been waiting for me.’ She hurries herself, not wanting Seungri to see the tears in her eyes.

 

But when she’s about to walk away, he suddenly asks.

‘Can I have your number?!’ Jiyeon halts and hands him her card. Without words, she leaves him alone at the side of the lake with a huge pain in her chest.

 

***

 

Just when her heart leapt when she saw his face, it hit her hard on the head. That’s when she realizes that they’re not at their high school times anymore. She’s 25, working, all grown up and Seungri’s just one of her past.

 

‘Jiyeonie? What’s wrong? You’re quiet since you got in here.’ Minho bends his head low, trying to look at his dearest dongsaeng’s face. Jiyeon loosens her grip on Minho’s collar and tries to turn away but he’s faster. He holds her chin up.

‘Why’re you like this? Which guy made you like this? I’m going to smash his face..’

Without any warning, she cries like a ten year old kid. Minho’s quite shocked himself as he embraces Jiyeon lovingly. It’s been quite a while since she cried like that and that surely makes him wonder.

 

‘Mianhae Oppa. Your tux’s ruined.’ She sobs after quite a while.

 

‘Gwenchana. Now tell me what’s wrong. Who made you like this?’ Minho rubs the tears on her cheeks with the back of his hand. It’s like he could read her mind because he knew she’s crying for a guy.

 

‘No. It’s just. I’m so happy to see you getting married soon.’ She shakes her head a few times and utters a fake laugh but of course. He’s not buying that.

 

‘I know you, Park Jiyeon. Now tell me the truth.’ Minho crosses his arms and stares at her, waiting for an answer.

 

 

‘Omo, Minho dear. You look fabulous!’

 

Jiyeon quickly moves away from Minho and wipes the tears in her cheeks. It’s Suzy’s mom, the mother of his future wife. The middle aged lady runs towards him and brushes the tuxedo he’s wearing.

 

‘Suji’s also pretty in her dress. I know you two will look so gorgeous during the wedding. I can’t wait for that!’ She taps Minho’s cheeks and turns towards Jiyeon.

‘Thank you so much, dear.’ Suzy’s mother gives Jiyeon her warmest smile. Like every mother, she’s also very contented with her only daughter’s wedding.

 

‘No problem, Ommeonim. It’s my job to make him look the best.’ Jiyeon says, pulling up a smile when she doesn’t feel like it.

 

‘Neh, Ommeonim. Can you please tell Suji to wait for me for a while? I need to talk to Jiyeon here.’ Minho asks Suzy’s mother politely.

 

‘Mwo.. Oppa. No need. Poor Suzy.. I don’t want her to wait. Besides, what happened before was not that important. Just go with her.’ Jiyeon quickly protests but Minho seems not happy.

 

***

 

Seungri stared at the business card that Jiyeon gave her earlier. Never had he thought that his heart would beat faster again when he saw her. Not after these years of trying so hard to erase Jiyeon’s face from his mind.

 

*beep*

 

I just arrived at the house. It’s nice. I like it. Do you want me to cook dinner?

 

He smiles weakly after reading the text message. It’s his wife, Jieun. After years of waiting and hard work, she’s finally his. The reason? He didn’t know himself. Probably he already gave up with Jiyeon and his father’s continuous demand. Happy or not? Sometimes…

 

Glad that you like it. It’s okay, no need to cook. You must be tired. Let’s go eat somewhere. I’ll pick you up at seven, okay?

 

 

***

 

‘What’s wrong, dear? Are you okay?’ Her mother asks, feeling quite worried with her daughter’s slow acts at the dining table. Jiyeon’s playing with her food, not eating it.

‘Jiyeon honey..?’

 

‘Oh, yeah. I’m fine…’ It’s like she’s been shook to the real world again.

 

‘Don’t lie to me. What happened?’

 

‘No, it’s nothing..’ She says and eats her food happily.

 

‘Aigoo… This kid… I think you should go out and date someone. Maybe you’ll feel a lot happier. Like Minho. He’s getting married soon and I can see that he’s getting happier day by day…’ Her mother blabbers unendingly but Jiyeon doesn’t seem to listen.

‘You’re already 25 years old, Park Jiyeon and you’re getting older. Or do you want me to find you a man for yourself?’ She asks but Jiyeon doesn’t respond.

‘Park Jiyeon!’

 

‘Oh, yeah. Sure, sure…’ She says without thinking. She didn’t even listen to what her mother said before.

 

‘Oh, really? Okay, I’ll set somebody up for you okay?’

 

‘Mwo? Set somebody up for me? I don’t want to, Oemma…’ She immediately refuses after realizing what her mother meant.

 

‘But you said to me before that you agreed. I don’t care anymore. I don’t want to see my only daughter alone, without any husband until you die. Cancel all of your appointments or whatsoever for tomorrow because you’re coming with me, young lady. We’re going to look for you a nice husband for yourself.’

 

 


So, how's the first chapter? And I'm quite excited for T-ara's comeback^^ I hope they're strong to face all the haters and antis out there, especially Jiyeon because to me, she's the one who receives the most hate. Anyway, thanks for reading^^ Keep supporting Jiyeon and T-ara :))