A 'good'bye

A heart like glass

Mom and dad never changed after last night's argument. They refused to look at me and dad even refused to say farewell at the airport.

"Don't worry mom, I'm still your daughter and I always will be, won't I?"  I pondered desperately with my eyes watering. They couldn't possibly abandon me could they? Could they?

"Of course you are." mom answered as we sat down waiting for my plane. 

I was relieved to know my mum had faith in me still, but having my dad  not bother coming because he felt I turned my back on them after 16 years  of caring for me.

That was what hurt me more than anything else.

I suddenly found it difficult to believe my mother's words. I knew she agreed with dad in her heart but couldn't admit it to herself. Especially not to me.

"Mom please don't loose faith in me! I promise I will make you proud of me someday. You cannot abandon me all because I want to be happy! I won't let you!" my voice strained and before I knew it, warm water ran down my face and I started to sob. Mom finally showed me her face, her tears were still streaming as she hugged me tightly.

"I will never let me. No matter what you do I will support you, even if it costs me my life."

I was speechless as we both sat there, sobbing in each others arms. But just when I could find the strength to say something, my flight was due.

I had never felt so emotional in my life. I couldn't think about anything but the way mom looked at me as I waved from the airplanwindow ow though she's couldn't see me.

Even I knew that in a few hours, my carefree childhood days would be over.