I know

Spoken words

L entered the room with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

'Peony orchids are flowers of healing' he recalled the lady at the flower shop say.

He placed them in a vase next to her bed.

Her eyes were still closed. 'At least she looks peaceful' he thought.

He took a chair and sat next to her bed. 

'Good morning princess' he greeted. But there was no response from her.

'Yoong, it's been 97 days. Wake up soon, alright? I miss you' he said to the lady in front of him.

'Fine, let's have a deal. I will treat you much nicer when you wake up. Deal?' he asked, hand outstretched, waiting for her to shake it.

'Not good enough? Fine, I'll treat you as my princess forever. I'll promise if you just wake up. Promise?' he asked, this time taking out his pinky. 

'Fine, I'm already treating you as my princess now. I guess it's not much of a difference.' he concluded.

'But I'll still promise anyway' he added, merging their pinkies together as a sign.

He recalled the incident that happened 97 days ago.

 

'Myungsoo! Buy me ice-cream' Yoona asked, tugging on L's shirt

'How many times do I have to say this. Call me L!' he demanded

'But Myungsoo suits you much better' Yoona replied.

'No ice-cream for you then' L threatened.

'What? No way! Not fair!' Yoona pouted.

L grinned unconsciously. 

'Your smile is very cute and adorable, Myungsoo-ah' Yoona chanted.

This made L blush.

' Stop speaking nonsense' he said, pushing her head to one side.

' That hurts' she complained, rubbing the side of her head.

L started walking.

'Shouldn't you apologise?' Yoona called out.

'You deserved it' he muttered under his breath.

Then he heard footsteps behind him. He smiled, he knew she was gonna chase after him.

A 'BAM' sound was heard followed by screeching of tires.

L stopped in his steps and turned. His eyes widened as he saw Yoona's body on the road, blood oozing out.

'YOONA!' he shouted, running to her body.

But her eyes were already closed.

He knew that she has feelings for him, but it was only now that he learnt that he has long loved her.

 

L started giggling.

'Yoong, you know what?' he started, 'I felt so stupid back then'

'I didn't realize that I was in love with you all those while since 4th grade' he said with a sigh.

He held her hands.

'I'll treat you to as much ice-cream as you want. I'll apologise to you a thousand times and never hit your head again. Just wake up Yoong, I really miss you' he said.

'I want to make up for the times when I was horrible to you. Remember when I laughed at you when you confessed? I was a jerk. I was in love with you then and how I wish I knew my feelings back then and answered you with a yes. We would have been a happycouple. We would have walked holding hands that day and you wouldn't be here. This is all my fault. I'm sorry Yoona ' he continued, tears forming in his eyes.

'I love you' he said sincerely before landing a soft kiss at her forehead.

 

The next day L came back to the hospital to visit Yoona .

'Yoong look at this. Woohyun and Jessica are getting married! We're invited, see?' he said excitedly, showing Yoona the card.

'You are not saying anything, you must be tired. Rest, I'll see your doctor to see about your condition' he said before leaving, not forgeting to tuck Yoona's body in the bed with the blanket and kissing her forehead.

 

'What? She was awake this morning? Why didn't you tell me?' L's flustered voice asked the doctor.

'We tried calling you sir, but you did not pick up' the doctor replied.

'Im sorry about that' L apologized.

'When will she be healed completely?' L asked.

'at this rate, we can discharge her in a week' the doctor replied.

'really? Thank you sir!' L said, smiling widely.

 

He returned to the room but his smile faded when he saw the empty bed.

Then he heard the 'click' of the toilet door and there stood Yoona in a gown.

'How's this outfit? You think I can wear this to the wedding?' Yoona asked casually.

'You're awake' L said, still digesting the fact that she was standing in front of him.

'Of course, I'm strong' Yoona replied.

'Besides you promised me for the past 99 days that I'll be your princess, of course I fought to wake up' she continued.

L just stood, dumbfounded, staring at Yoona.

'Lets go out later, you still owe me ice-cream remember?' she asked.

'So you were awake all those time?' L asked.

' Pabo, I might be in a coma but I could still hear. Thank you for staying by my side' Yoona replied.

Then L leaped forward and hugged Yoona tightly, Yoona hugged him back.

'I forgot one thing' Yoona said.

'What is it?' L asked breaking the hug and looking at Yoona.

She gave a quick peck at his lips. 'I love you too'