“I appreciate it!”

To Work -----------------------> Oneshot

 

I couldn’t believe how late I was for my first day to work. I ran out of my apartment barefoot, barreling towards the elevator, shoes in hand. I mercilessly pummeled the down button, willing for the machine to realize how late I was. I quickly put on my shoes, balancing by putting my hand on the elevator door.
                ‘Ding’ The doors of the elevator opened and I fell in. Grumbling I got up and finished putting on my shoes before pressing the ground floor button. I fixed my hair using my reflection on the grubby elevator door. The elevator stopped and opened, letting a guy in with a leather jacket on and a fedora placed carelessly on his head. I vaguely recognized him, pursing my lips trying to remember from where.
                “Oh! Woohyun-shi?” I yelped and turned around abruptly. He looked at me with his eyebrows raised and leaned back a bit. I bowed after sheepishly grinning at him.
                “It’s Eun Jung, Jung Eun Jung. I’m a friend of Sunggyu-shi.” His eyes showed slight recognition before his posture loosened up a bit.
                “Oh yeah! We met at his party last month. Do you live here?” His hair cascaded down his forehead and his lips were stretched into a warm smile. I scanned his body and noted his lean physique.
                “Yeah I live here, it’s weird I have never noticed you here.” I said averting my eyes from his body and adjusting my folders under my arms. He gestured for me to hand him the stack of folders and I graciously accepted his offer and handed him the folders.
                “Yeah, well at least now we know right? So where are you headed?” He asked me signaling to the folders.
                “I’m gonna be late to my first day at work. I just hope I’m not late to the bus either!” I said as the elevator doors opened. I tried to take my folders out of his hands but he held back, tightening his grip on them.
                “I can take you to work if you would like. I have got a much faster way of transportation.” Woohyun said to me smiling as he walked off towards the exit of the building.
                “Well I am late and he is offering.” I reasoned with myself before jogging up behind him. He led me to the side of the building which was pretty much an empty alleyway with a couple of motorcycles off to the side.
                “Whe.. Where is your car Woohyun-shi?” I stuttered as I pulled my cardigan closer to my body and eyed him suspiciously.
                “Who said anything about a car? I now introduce you to my baby.” He said as he dramatically pulled off a tarp on one of the bikes. A red sleek motorcycle was revealed which looked like it costed a LOT of money. Woohyun opened the seat and pulled out two helmets and put my folders in the compartment. He turned to me and handed me one of the helmets.
                “Do you want to put your bag in too?”
“Uhhh, ummm- yeah sure.” I half mumbled half stuttered as I pulled my bag off and gave it to him, making it a point not to touch him.
                “So you’re shy?” Woohyun said grinning as he put his helmet between his knee’s and took my helmet from me.
                “That’s alright we won’t be talking much anyways.” He said before putting the helmet on my head and closing it for me. He let his fingers linger under my chin and I felt my cheeks start to burn. His grin returned to his face before he closed the screen of my helmet.
                “Uhh, we should probably get going now. Where do you work?” He asked scratching his head as he pulled his helmet from his knees and slowly put it on his head.
                “Vogue Girl main building.” I said pulling up the screen before letting it slide back into place. He nodded his head before pulling his motorcycle and hopping on. I stood there quietly and watched him position the bike.
                “Are you just going to stand there?” He asked me and I silently thanked the tinted helmet screen for hiding my blazing red cheeks.  I got onto the motorcycle and tried my best not to touch him. His motorcycle was the kind where you were pretty much lying on your stomach and I was not sure I was comfortable with the idea of being on top of him.
                “Hold on to me now.” He said turning his head slightly. I listened to him and grabbed onto his waist, interlocking my fingers together. I felt my heart start to beat wildly in my chest and I gulped, tightening my legs around him. I suddenly felt us move and I dug my head into his shoulder. The wind started to pinch every single part of my body. I felt us speed up and I squeezed my eyes shut. I squeezed myself around Woohyun’s body more than I thought was ever possible. I kind of never wanted this to end. I wanted this exact moment to last forever.  I let out a shaky breath and smiled biting my lip as I felt my ponytail whip behind me. The feeling was so exhilarating and I couldn't distinguish the reason for my heart beating wildly out of my chest, the speed we were traveling at or how close I was to a guy. A nice guy to.            
                All to soon I felt the bike slowly come to a stop and the engine cut off.  Opening my eyes I realized we were in front of the office building. Involuntarily I squeezed Woohyun’s waist one more time before I let go and got off. I wobbled a little bit, shaking out my legs to regain feeling in them. I struggled with taking off my helmet before Woohyun walked up to me and clicked the lock open. Once again he let his fingers linger around my neck as he stared at me. When he finally moved his hands I pulled my helmet off and shook my head, adjusting my bangs as I watched Woohyun walk toward the bike and open the compartment to take my stuff out. I smiled as he gave the stuff  to me and I returned his helmet back to him.
                “Thanks for the ride. I owe you big time!” I sheepishly grinned and readjusted my bag on my shoulder.” His eyes was the most amazing chocolate brown, and his hair complemented them immensely.
                “No not at all. It was my pleasure. Really.” He said and looked down at the ground before looking back up at me. I looked back at the building before returning my gaze to him implying that I needed to get to work.
                “Yeah well um, bye. Thanks again, I appreciate it. I’ll find a way to pay you back Woohyun-shi. I promise!” I bowed than slowly walked backwards before turning around completely.
                “Wait Eun Jung.” He called to me. I turned around a little to quickly, a million thoughts going through my head. Would he ask me out, proclaim his love to me? I quickly kicked those thoughts out of my head as I approached him slowly until we were standing a few feet apart.
                “I can give you a ride from work If you would like, when do you get out?” He said locking his gaze at my shoes. I smiled slightly at how cute he looked being shy and all. It’s a start, him giving me another ride is a start.
                “8 o’clock. I’ll be out by 8.” I said shyly, adjusting my bag. He looked up and locked eyes with me before grinning widely. I grinned at him too and awkwardly kicked the invisible dust off the ground.
                “I think you should run before you get fired from a job you haven’t started.” He said gesturing towards the building behind me. I widened my eyes and ran towards the building but quickly turned around and ran towards Woohyun. I got to him and grabbed his arm and went on my tip toes to reach his ear. He stiffened up and I smiled a little.
                “I appreciate it!” I whispered into his ear before dropping down onto my heels and jogging towards the building. I quickly turned around to catch his expression and we caught eyes. He half smiled at me and I couldn't help but giggle. He waved at me and I returned the gesture before turning once again to the building.
                “I think I really like him.” I mumbled to myself before I pushed myself through the doors.