Fulfill your promise

Fulfill your promise

"Holy Gwiboon! Did you bring your whole closet with you?!" you exclaimed heaving two full suitcases onto the dormroom bed. "Yes, actually. Hello, we are at a school which specialty is in art. Fashion is an art. Gotta look good strutting around this campus." Gwiboon said as-a-matter-of-factly. "I swear I heard Key say the same thing before leaving the house." you thought, having a bit of Deja Vu. "Are you going to be alright at this part of the campus?" you asked her, a bit disappointed you couldn't share the same dorm. "Yeah, i'll let you know how my roommate is later." your friend said ping her purple roller luggage bag. It really how the campus was divided into four quadrants. There was the art which consisted of sculpting, drawing, and brushwork. Performing arts, which were dancers, singers, and actors. Culinary arts (all types of people came to protest and insist they added culinary, until the school finally decided to make food an art). Then the final quadrant is fashion, which was pretty self explanatory.

This was the best arts school in Korea, only for the most talented, rich, and the lucky. Campus was huge and the rooms were nothing like a regular college. These had its own bathroom, kitchen, and living room. More like a small apartment than a real dorm.

The college wanted to make it easier on the students, so they had people with the same study interest bunk together. Which meant you took all of your classes on the performing arts side; Gwiboon and Key on the fashion side. "Alright, talk to you later." you said, hunched over a bit in front. You were really glad that you requested not to have a roommate; you weren't in the 'friend-making' mood today.

You walked down the hallway and went through the door that read "Stairs" on it. The twinkle in your eye slowing appearing, you thought of things like, "What if I don't make any friends in my division?" and "Maybe I should have requested a roommate, is it too late to ask?" mindlessly, your hand moved up to the silver chain hanging around your neck. Your fingers fiddled with it, tips runnning over the carved name you had tried to forget for the last one and a half years. your anxiety had worsened every year since you were five. Sometimes it got so bad you had to take your med-

With thoughts blurring your mind, you missed a step and fell face first into something hard. And alive. The mystery person had saved you from falling into the linoleum flooring in front of families and other students. You heard sounds and words of rage coming from fellow females in the room. "She doesn't deserve to be in his arms!" one gasped. "Where is she staying?! I need to know now." You thought about how pathetic these girls were. They sounded like stupid girls, that had no life out of trying to stalk certain boys. I guess you were pathetic now too.

"Are you okay?" the husky but melodic voice sounded in your ears. You looked back into the dark brown eyes of a new face. Jawline was defined at it's best, beautiful, high cheek bones rested just below those oval slits. His hair was layered in three different colors: Dark brown, light orange/brown, and bleach blonde. at the bangs. "H-He's g-gorgeous." you didn't remember how to speak, until the man's brows furrowed while waiting for a response from you.

Your fingers slowly raked at his chest, covered with black cloth from his simple sweatshirt. "I-I am now." you knew that was totally cliché of you to say. Your face slowly changed a light pink to match your mood of embarrassment. "He probably thinks i'm stupid." you thought, but he proved you wrong with pure laughter. You stepped back away from him, studying the rest of him. You liked the way he threw back his head when he laughed, the look of his Adam's apple bobbing up and down with every swallow. His smile made you want to do the same; and you did, but it never registered in your mind before a girl gripped the man's arm. 

"Oppa, do you know this girl?" she said eyeing you from top to bottom; she didn't seem impressed with your off white over-sized crew neck, dark jeans, and black boots. You returned her attitude with a death glare so strong, she backed down just a bit. She shook his arm as if the answer would just fall off of him like a peach tree. "No, calm down. Hey! I don't even know you!" he pryed away from her man-like grasp. Amused cackles were heard from across the room as the random girl sulked back to where she came from. "You seem to be pretty popular around here." you snickered. "Uh, aparently. I've only been here for a couple of hours. I'm jonghyun by the way." he said a bit confused. You introduced yourself to him.

"So are you taking classes on this part of the campus?" Jonghyun asked curiously. "No, i'm over on the opposite side. Performing arts." you answered. "Really? I guess we will be seeing each other more often then." the man said, "Well, i'm going to take my leave, i'm actually over at this part visiting a friend." he added. "See you around!" with a flirtatious looking smirk and wink, you thought you would fall over right then and there. Your knees gave out a bit, but lucky for you, the end of the staircase had a hand railing. Regaining your leg strength, you walked right out of the housing area, and into the millions of death glares waiting outside for you.

~~~~~

You quickly grew tired of trying to locate your classrooms while being followed close behind by girls you didn't even know. You knew you were right about what you thought about earlier. These girls don't have lives outside of stalking people. The best part about this, was every time you turned around, they acted like they were just hanging out. You used your cleverness: hung a left and ran until something hooked your arm and fished you into a dark classroom. A large hand, probably a male's, covered your mouth and ignored your biting until the click-clack of heels on pavement passed. 

"I think you should be thanking me, instead of using me as a chew toy." his voice sounded your name and it sounded just lovely. In fact, familiar. You turned to your potential perpetrator and guardian, to find yourself folding back your neck to a tall figure with clean cut hair and amazingly large eyes. "M-Minho?" you said incredulously. "I'm glad you remember me." he beamed. "Let's get to where you're going, before those psycho woman get to you." he said determined. His hand wrapped firmly around the doorknob and twisted it open. He left the room first to make sure the hallways were safe enough to come out. Taking a few seconds to look around, it was confirmed that the hallways were empty.

You made your way to your dorms. "So you decided to take up dancing for the company huh?" Minho guessed correctly. "Yup! But what about yo-"
"There she is! Get her!" screams filling the halls. "Well, let's talk later. On my back you go." the tall boy crouched over without warning right at your feet, causing you to stumble onto his back involuntarily. "Wait no!" you hollered into his ear. "No. Did you forget I was the top track star for all of middle and high school?" 

"Well....."

"Don't answer that. Now tell me where you're staying."

~~~~~

"Is that..... Why is she on Minho's back?! Wait, no.... this isn't my business. I knew she had move on."

~~~~~

"Yah! Choi Minho! What're you doing carrying my girlfriend on your back?!" another familiar voice shouted out. "I'm pretty sure this isn't your girlfriend, when she's still wearing her ex's name on her necklace." the tall man shot at him, same, sly smile coming into sight. Minho set you down in front of your door: number 231. Across from you, Jonghyun posted against the side of his doorway with a smirk on his face. "G-Girlfriend? We barely met!" you pointed a finger at him. The two men choked on their own laughs, Jonghyun held his stomach as Minho slapped his knee. You leaned up against the door, befuddled by the scence occuring in from of you right now.

"Not dating girlfriend, I mean friend girlfriend! I'm gay!" Jonghyun said between breaths. You didn't know what was coming over you, but you couldn't help but join in with the laughing party taking place right in front of your room. Students poked their heads out of their rooms and sent threats from down the hall, you three didn't care. You didn't know how you found this funny, but you thought it was probably because you knew he was too good looking to be straight. Yup, that was definitely it.

Eventually, your party moved into Jonghyun's room because dorm supervisor was called and complained to. "I'm glad you told me," you told Jonghyun while stirring a pot of ramen, "or else i would have fallen for you with those good looks!" you finished with a giggle. "Ha, a lot of girls fall for me by just the first glance! It's really sad though, none of them know my secret, even though i'm openly gay." You went to the fridge to grab some vegetables to mix in. "Anyways, you two know each other?" the question pointed toward Minho, who was watching tv.

"We met last summer; we took modeling classes together. But it didn't suit Jonghyun, which is why he's here in the performing arts section, instead of fashion with me." You looked at Jonghyun and he threw up double peace signs and pearly smile. "Yah! I went to visit your dorm earlier, and you weren't even there!" the short man snapped out of his peaceful state. Minho raised a finger toward you. "Too busy saving her ."

A heavy knock sounded from the outside, through the door. "Must be my roommate!" Jonghyun jumped up excitedly. "He's just in time for my amazing ramen." you laughed, placing the crock pot onto a tray with four sets of chopsticks to the side. Minho was unphased and just stared at the door, waiting for the new friend to walk through. Jonghyun hugged your waist from behind, hiding his own face with the use of your shoulder. The door clicked open. "Jjong! What're you-?"

The tray you held in the air crashed straight down onto the tile, sending the chopsticks and sauce flooding away. One hand covered your mouth, and another gripping the shining heart. Eyes immediately widened, all eyes. Yours, Minho's, Jonghyun's, and even....

Taemin's.

"Jjong, what is Jjong? I thought she was with Minho?!"

"T-T. Tae-Min?" you stuttered through the slits between your fingers. You stared into those same memorable eyes. Everything has changed except that. His hair was dark brown with layers now, jawline sharper, no more hook at the end of his nose, cheekbones so round and defined, and adam's apple more visible. Taemin whispered your name low, barely audible. Minho looked furious. "Jonghyun, please clean that up." he said, then instructed you to leave to your room. You didn't need to be told that. You ran by your speechless ex boyfriend and entered your room with no trouble at all.

You shut the door behind you and ran to the couch where you phone was placed last. Thirteen missed calls by Gwiboon and Key each. "You will not believe who my roommate is! That Taeyeon! Pick up your damn phone you-" you couldn't hear the rest of the recording, yelling was heard from across the way. You knew it was Minho and Taemin going at it. You didn't understand why Minho was protecting you, but you really appreciated it in times like this.

~~~~~

You and Taemin spent the day ignoring each other when walking by. Sometimes, both of you even turned to take a second glance. A lot of those time cam with awkward eye contact. "I can't figure out who she's dating, Minho or my roommate. I hope she's happy." Taemin thought, passing by. Your thoughts were on the same subject, "Where's Taeyeon? I hope he's happy."

Thankfully, Jonghyun has the exact same classes with you; even the same times. This gave you time to explain the whole story with Taemin, and you mean whole story. "Omo, an arranged marriage sounds so cute! But I can't believe he did that to you. It's ridiculous!" Jonghyun said heading to our next class: Dance Cover. "I know, but that was around a year ago. So I just hope him and Taeyeon are happy." you said walking into the dance studio. You placed your things on the back wall and started stretching when Taemin walked in. You looked into the mirror to find his reflection staring right back at you. "W-Why is he looking at me? Sheesh, get away."

"Good afternoon class." a female instructor said with enthusiasm, literally barging open the door. "Finish up your stretching so we can hurry up and get started! I'm very excited for this class because I just took a look at my class roster and found an even balance of genders. So today, we will be covering 'Only One' by BoA." The class was actually very excited for this dance. You had a certain feeling in your stomach that today would not be your day.

"Can we choose partners?" Jonghyun asked, hooking your arm in his. Taemin noticed from the far corner. "Yes, but if the couple doesn't seem right, I will switch it around." the teacher said. About ten pairs spread out in front of the mirror, you and Jjong stayed in the front right behind the instructor. She taught the class the first couple moves before breaking out. "Alright i'm sorry, but you and you need new partners. This couple doesn't look right." she pointed to you. "Switch with Taemin's partner and we will continue." 

A horrified look spread throughout your face. You turned to your ex partner, who gave you a sympathetic look. The teacher tapped her foot and raised an eyebrow becoming impatient. Reluctanly, your feet dragged across the polished floor and stood in the back with Taemin. "Now, those two look like a match made in heaven!" Jonghyun scoffed, "They've heard that before, ha." Taemin raised a brow to that comment.

You felt so uncomfortable, that you couldn't even dance right. You looked like a robot and your teacher often picked on you and said you needed to flow smoothly. What you really wanted to do was just punch her in the face. 

"She's definitely not comfortable being around me anymore. It was only for the best."

"This is so embarassing, he hates me. I can just tell."

For the next couple months, Taemin was your permanent partner for couple dancing. You decided this was your favorite class ever. Not.

~~~~~

Nothing had changed since the first time you saw Taemin again. Everyday ignoring  each other, occasional awkward glances, and only acknowledging each other during that once class together. It was unfortunate, though, visiting Gwiboon wasn't as fun anymore with Taeyeon there. Taeyeon being the she is, tries making you jealous all the time and just won't shut up about her and Taemin.

"Listen up everybody, I'm having a party for my 21st birthday at my house tonight. Everybody is invited, so tell your friends! Ask for my address if you need it!" Krystal said at the end of the dance cover class. Parties weren't your cup of tea. You hated how everybody would be drunk, and all of the rooms were occupied for 'dirty' things. "Let's go tonight please! I really want to go to a college party! Come on!" Jonghyun begged you. "But you know I hate this kind of stuff. Somebody could me there yo." you whined. "I'll bring Minho so he can protect you. Oh, invite Gwiboon and Key too." Krystal approached Taemin shyly, inviting him personally.

"Sorry, I hate loud places." he declined the offer his hand froze on the mid-twisted doorknob. "Well, I guess if we bring them i'll go." you ended up agreeing. Taemin then finished turning the knob and called his girlfriend. "Hey, let's go to a party tonight."

~~~~~

You've never really been to this kind of party, but Krystal and informed us to wear what we would to a club. Key chose a tight black dress with sparkles filling the chest area, and pumps he took from one of his classes. Gwiboon did your hair, curling it away from your face. You looked really good according to Minho. In a way, going out looking like this you didn't mind the whole party scene.

The whole car ride was filled with singing and back seat dancing and laughter. It really was a good time and you were glad that you agreed to go out this evening. Jonghyun drove and key was passenger, they totally clicked right away and you could tell something was going to happen between them. Gwiboon, you, and Minho made up the back of the SUV and you felt a bit awkward with Minho's hand interlacing yours. Gwiboon approved of it.

"We're here!" Jonghyun said pulling up to the mansion's gate. He pressed a code into the digit pad, and the gate let you through. The music was clearly audible from the outside and colorful flashing lights were seen right through the windows. You had a headache already. Making your way through the huge double doors, Krystal greeted all of you and directed you to where the party room was. It was really quite obvious, but whatever floated her boat.

An our passed quickly with no sign of Taemin anywhere, which really made your night. Jjong and Key went off somewhere together, Gwiboon was in the middle of the dance floor with guys surrounding her, and you and Minho sat on a couch just lounging with a couple of drinks, chilling. You were having fun, a bit tipsy, but still aware of your surroundings. You finished your last drink because you swore never to get faced until you were actually legal. Minho did the same, he was barely tipsy. 

You became a different person tonight, more obnoxious and out there after a shot or two. You wanted to dance so you took Minho to the dance floor. No, it wasn't that bump and grind stuff like all the other nasty people in the room, it wasn't flirty or anything like that. Just friendly things going on. Until Taemin entered the room with Taeyeon. Immediately caught your eye, and you were determined to make him see what he is missing. You waited for the next song to come on, only to find something slow.

Taeyeon automatically put a smile on her face and dragged Taemin to an empty area. Which happened to be right next to you and Minho. You saw them walk towards you, but Minho fixed your gaze onto his face. You smiled, his hands grabbing your waist. Thank god for Key's heels, or else Minho would have been carrying you instead of slow dancing. Hands looped around his neck, you closed the space between you two. Head resting on his shoulder you let your body sway to the beat of the music. Hoping Taemin took it all in.

Indeed he did. It was obvious what kind of game you were trying to play, knowing you for as long as he did. Although, what seemed to be propelling him forward was something else. Jelousy. "Minho shouldn't be holding her like that. That should be me." he thought. Taemin placed his hands at the dip of his girlfriends sides and followed the crowds motion.

Turning in small circles, Taeyeon's eyes met Minho's. Something clicked.

A little more than halfway into the song, Minho whispered into your ear and pulled you out the ballroom's doors. Minho wanted to confess something to you in private, something important apparently. He guided you down the hall to an empty room. (Along the way you swore you heard Jonghyun and Key in a room together doing god knows what) You walked in and he shut the door behind you two. Minho pointed to the bed and told you to sit down with him.

~~~~~

"Let's go upstairs Tae." Taeyeon whispered into Taemin's ear. "Whatever." he said following behind her.

~~~~~

"I, wanted to tell you something." Minho said staring blankly at the wall in front of you. "Go ahead." you urged him. He stood up in front of you, only to pin you down to the cloth beneath. "I've been holding this in for a long time now. I love you." his breath was warm against your neck. "M-Minho-ssi." you felt yourself getting hotter. "Let me love you tonight." he said right into your ear. You were surprised by his actions. This was not the same boy who saved you that day in kindergarte. He changed. The words coming from him made goosebumps rise on your skin.

"I-I'm not ready yet Minho. I'm sorry." you tried getting out of his tight grasp around your wrists, but he wouldn't budge. "I said get off of me!" you yelled, squirming like a fish out of water. When you told Jonghyun that you were afriad of being , you never thought the would be Minho, the one you trusted. "No! Let go of me!" you screamed, hoping somebody would hear. Minho held your arms with one hand, when then other reached for the top of your dress. Revealing half of your pink bra before the door opened.

"I told you she was a whor-"

"Get the off of her Choi Minho!" Taemin ran from the doorway straight to Minho to grab his shoulder and land a punch right in the jaw, sending the larger boy stumbling backwards and into a lamp. You were hysterically crying by now, with the near experience you were huddled in the fetile position, anxiety levels through the roof now. Taemin was beating Minho to a pulp, and he didn't defend himself or anything. He took the beating like he deserved it or something. Taeyeon's face wasn't in best shape either. She ran to Taemin to pull him off of Minho. He resisted and took a couple more punches before he had his fill. Watching as Minho lay there with blood all over his face, open wounds just about everywhere.

Taemin came to your side and picked you up bridal style. He took you downstairs, ignoring the people asking why he was bloody. He placed you into the passenger seat of his car and buckled you up as you slowly started to calm down and fall asleep. You woke up to find yourself in your parent's house, laying in your old bed with Taemin watching you, and holding your hands.

"Taemin!" you weeped, burying yourself in his shirt, you cried and cried, telling him how much you missed him. He stayed quiet until you stopped crying ten minutes later to start explaining himself. 

"Listen to me alright, and don't say anything until I finish." he said in a gentle way, you nodded in agreement. "When I went to America, Taeyeon had followed me. She begged me to go to a public school for Junior and Senior year with her because she was being bullied. During that time we became good friends and told me lies about you, saying that you were cheating on me while I was gone. Which is the reason why I broke up with you. Please forgive me, I was so stupid to believe the girl who bullied you. I ended it with her when I carried you out. I'm asking you for forgiveness. Please, forgive me and take me back."

"Of course," you said with a shaky voice. "no matter how many times you break up with me, I will always be here waiting for you. I love you Taemin." you said to him, tearing up again.  "I love you too." he replied, loving tone in his voice. "I will always  protect you, and never let anybody touch you like that again. Just like I promised." he told you. His fingers brushed through your hair with the same beautiful smile, and the kiss you shared was exactly like your first. Plump, soft lips, and bananas.

"What about marrying me? You still have to fulfill your promise."

Epilogue: It turned out that Minho never really had feelings for you, Taeyeon just planned this whole thing and felt horrible about leaving Minho with all of those scars on his face. Minho only did it because he fell in love with his best friend, who loved another man. Gwiboon opened a boutique with her brother, Key, who was sponsored to make his own clothing brand. Jonghyun was scouted as a singer and dancer and is in training now. Key and Jonghyun have been dating since the night of the party. In the end, Taemin did fulfill his last childhood promise to you, marrying right out of college. The businesses you two ran became huge in the performing industry, and everything turned out well in the end.

 

A/N: So sad that this had to end! I really wanted to write more, but i didn;t want to make like 34657426574 chapters ><" tell me how you liked it? I hope you all choose to stay and read my upcoming stories. I had fun writing this everybody! I have another idea in mind, but I don't think i will be starting that until after my weekend.I wrote this in four hours everybody. I finished at 12 in the morning, and I have school tomorrow. I'm dedicated to you guys! Thank you so much!