Our Rhythm Of Love

Our Rhythm Of Love

 

My head is stuck in the clouds, she begs me to come down.
Says, "Boy, quit foolin' around"
I told her, "I love the view from up here, warm sun and wind in my ear
We'll watch the world from above as it turns to the rhythm of love."
 
The young girl of 12 came to the secret hideout of hers and her best friend, who was already up there, sitting on the trunk, swinging his legs, humming to a random tune that he must've gotten from the top of his head.
"Yah! Kim Sunggyu!" the young girl shouted, "Get down here!"
"Yah! Song Eunah!" the young boy shouted back, "Get up here!"
"Stop fooling around! You can get hurt if you fall off! And if you do, I'm not going to help you!"
Sunggyu (13) just chuckled and looked out to the view. Eunah pouted in an angry way - she would teach him a lesson. As she climbed up the tree, suddenly, her courage and will to kill Sunggyu disappeared. Unlike Sunggyu, the calm and yet adventurous hamster, Eunah wasn't much of a climber and was literally stuck two feet in the air - the tree is quite large, trust me. Finally hearing the whimpering of his scared friend, Sunggyu began to climb down and when he was close enough, he held out his hand.
"Here."
"Y-You're going to drop me though! W-What if I die?"
"You're only like...two feet off the ground. Don't be such a baby and take my hand. Unless you wanna be stuck there forever and have those wonderful ants crawl up your dress."
Eunah pouted and grabbed onto her hands. In no way was she having ants crawl up her dress. Sunggyu helped her up the tree and when they were on the branch that Sunggyu picked out, they sat close to one another. Eunah was afraid of heights and yet, here she was, ten feet off the ground.
"G-Gyu, w-why are we up here anyways?"
"We're just watching the world, duh. Look."
Eunah looked where Sunggyu pointed and gasped. The sunset was beautiful - the way the golden star slowly deceased behind the mountains in the distance, coloring the sky with the warm colors of red, orange, and some lines of purple coming in as well. Sunggyu looked at Eunah and a smile grew onto his face. The way her eyes were full of interest and admiration, her skin glowed warmly to the scenery, and her smile full of excitement. He looked back at the sunset and they stayed there for a while. The sky turned dark but it was lit with the millions of stars - thank god they came to the countryside for their family vacation. Sunggyu felt a light weight on his shoulder and saw that Eunah rested her head onto his shoulder.
"Sunggyu," her soft voice said, "Could you sing me a song?"
"Right now? I think we should go down. Our moms might kill us."
"Let's risk it then. Let's sit here and watch the world, together."
And that's when Sunggyu's heart started beating madly.

 

Well, my heart beats like a drum, guitar string to the strum
A beautiful song to be sung
She's got blue eyes, deep like the sea that roll back when she's laughing' at me
She rises up like the tide the moment her lips meet mine
 
Eunah (16) sat in Sunggyu's living room, listening him play the guitar and sing the lovely tune that she loved. It was Thursday and every Thursday, Sunggyu (17) would always sing to her after school. It wasn't really a bet or anything, it just became a thing for them. She stared at him as he moved onto a romantic love song - the hardcore romantic songs. Anything he sang, Sunggyu always sung with this kind of passion that was just so admirable. You could actually feel the emotion of the song when he sung it, even if you've never experienced it. Well, this feeling wasn't anything new to her. Yes, Song Eunah was in love with Kim Sunggyu.
"Eunah?"
She finally snapped out of the trance that Sunggyu had put her in. He just grinned, knowing that he could easily hypnotize her with just his voice. Of course, Kim Sunggyu had that kind of power.
"What?"
"Have you...ever had your first kiss yet?"
"...no?"
"Was that a question or an answer?"
"I don't know?"
Sunggyu loved it when she was nervous. Everytime she became nervous, she'd answer in questions and bite onto her lower lips. And doing that right now, it drove Sunggyu nuts. God, why did Eunah have to be so adorable?
"Can I ask you a favor?"
"U-Um...sure?"
He got off his chair and sat in front of Eunah, whose cheeks were just bright pink and eyes wide like golf balls. Sunggyu loved everything about her, especially her deep brown eyes that reminded him of hot chocolate - his favorite drink. Her eyes would twinkle randomly, stopping his heart in a good surprise, and he loved when she laughed, because her eyes would squint a litte. Yeah, her eye smile just made Sunggyu more lovesick.
"Can I kiss you?"
At the moment, Eunah's heart just flipped, jumped, flew, screamed, punched, kicked, tumbled, and did whatever verbs that were in the dictionary. Did her best friend, Kim Sunggyu, just asked to kiss her?! She couldn't find the right answer to his question - yes or no? Before she could even think, Sunggyu had already leaned in and pressed his lips against hers.
boom. Fireworks just shot into their minds as their lips connected. Eunah was shocked at first but, she gave in. She sat up a bit, rising like a tide, so that she could get more from his lips. And of course, Sunggyu wrapped his arms around her. Their lips locked and moved together so perfectly that neither wanted to seperate. But, their human lungs had force them to seperate and the two of them just looked at each other in surprise. Sunggyu smirked.
"Wanna be my girlfriend?"

 

When the moon is low
We can dance in slow motion
And all of your tears will subside
All your tears will dry
 
It has been nearly five years that they've been dating. Eunah (21) was being taken somewhere by Sunggyu (22) who literally barged into her house at 9:35 P.M. just to take her out on a date. She was in her pink tank top and white high shorts only and being the "mature" and "controlled" Sunggyu he was, he tried not to think about those types of thoughts. Anyways, Eunah was now wearing a white v-neck short sleeve with blue jeans that hugged her legs oh so perfectly. And since Sunggyu rushed them out of her house too quickly, she demanded for Sunggyu's, who happily gave it to her.
"Gyu, where are we going?"
"Just wait. We're almost there."
Eunah pouted as Sunggyu's hands continued to hide her eyes from this place. And she really wasn't in the mood to be blindfolded by Sunggyu's hands and taken to an unknown place where Sunggyu could possibly her or something. Not only was she still mourning over her deceased pet hamster (who's been dead for three days - buried in Sunggyu's backyard), but she also failed her exam and her parents even scolded her for some reason that she didn't know of. Now, she's here - Sunggyu better make it worth the trip here.
"Wa-lah!"
The darkness moved away and Eunah suddenly saw a tree, covered in white lit latterns, on a hill with a red and white checkered blanket with a brown straw basket, along with some other things that were being blocked by the...
"What are you doing here?" Eunah chuckled at their friend's awkward position, "Seriously, I never thought that Myungyeol was real."
"Puh-lease," Sungyeol said, "We're just here to drop off this stuff since Gyu had to go and fetch you."
"Yeah," Myungsoo scoffed, "I think I'm still the better man Eunah-noona."
"Oh shut up and leave," Sunggyu shooed them away, "You little brats. And you still insult me even though I let you two live in my place?"
"Love you too hyung! Bye noona! Have a fun date!"
Sungyeol dragged Myungsoo away, who was still shouting cheesy love lines to Eunah from the distance. Damn that Nam Woohyun and his grease-disease. The couple sat down and enjoyed their dinner. While at that, Eunah began to talk about her ovewhelming day, which made her tear up and cry. Sunggyu hated watching his lover hurt and tired.
"I-I just feel so...ugh, I can't even explain it properly! I feel so pathetic right now."
"You're not babe," Sunggyu took her hand, "Come on."
They both stood up and Sunggyu wrapped her arms around his neck while his went around her waist. Eunah eyed him and he just chuckled.
"Let's dance shall we?"
"But there's no music."
"I can fix that."
Eunah placed her head onto Sunggyu's chest as he began to sing. Suddenly, she didn't feel so pathetic and tired as before. She shut her eyes and focused her attention on this moment with Sunggyu. They held onto each other and they never planned on letting go.

 

We may only have tonight
But 'til the morning sun, you're mine, all mine
Play the music low
And sway to the rhythm of love
 
Tonight was their last night. Sunggyu traced Eunah's rosy cheeks with his eyes and moved closer to her. Sliding his arms around her waist, Sunggyu fell asleep. Tonight was their last night and yet Sunggyu was happy about it. Even though he wanted to celebrate their last night, Eunah was dead tired from earlier and Sunggyu just didn't have the heart or will to make her stay up. Oh well, it's just their last night as boyfriend and girlfriend anyways. Sunggyu kissed her lips softly and shut his eyes before going deep into his dreamland, where Eunah was, smiling at him.
 
The next morning, Sunggyu woke up to no one at his side. What is it that he felt right now? That really scared feeling that made you...ah, panic. Yep, that's the word. Sunggyu began to panic and he jumped out of bed, looking for his missing Eunah.
"Eunah! Where are you?"
No response. He called her several times and yet there was only silence returned. Sunggyu ran everywhere in the house. The bathrooms, nothing. The walk-in closet, nada. The supposedly new room that was for their future generation(s), nope. Suddenly, he smelled something savory and delicious - the damn kitchen. Sunggyu went downstairs into their kitchen and there she was, wearing one of Sunggyu's shirts that went down to her mid thighs, green with white polka-dots apron, hair tied in a bun, and cooking like a pro. Eunah flipped the bacon when she felt a pair of arms around her waist.
"Ew Gyu! Did you just wake up?" Eunah sighed heavily, "I just took a shower too."
"You know you love me babe. Besides, shouldn't we make up for last night? You know."
Eunah just rolled her eyes. Seriously, Sunggyu and were just something that she couldn't seperate. But, still, she loved him.
"Did you know?"
"What?"
"You're mine, all mine."
"God, do you know how creepy you sound when you said that?"
Sunggyu laughed and began to sing a song into her ears, while hugging her from behind. Soon forgetting about breakfast, the two danced around the kitchen and began to chase each other. Eunah ran past their photo and Sunggyu chased after her. The photo of Sunggyu, in a black tuxedo, back hugging Eunah, who wore the expensive and beautiful wedding dress of lace, diamonds, and white, seemed to have smiled at the newly wedded couple. And that newly wedded couple were in their room, on their bed, where Sunggyu had pinned her down while the two of them were under the white blanket.
"I love you Kim Eunah."
"And I love you, Kim Sunggyu."

 

And long after I've gone, you'll still be humming along
And I will keep you in my mind, the way to make love so fine.
 
The End.