Chapter 13

My assassin lover

Speeding through the busy streets of Korea, Kiyoung was filled with confusion and high hopes, hoping Onew was her brother, hoping that he’d remember her, hoping it wasn’t all her imagination playing with her.  

 

Onew was on the way into SM entertainment when a motorcycle skidded in front of him, blocking his path. The woman on the motorcycle removed her helmet quickly and looked him straight in the eye, “What is your real name?” She asked as he blinked slightly, slowly recognizing her. “Why would you want to know?” He said, slightly alarmed as he put his hand over the gun in his pocket. “Tell me now” She demanded, holding a gun, pointing towards his chest.

 

“Shoot. I don’t care” He shrugged as Tiffany had passed by, seeing this event unfold as she rushed towards them in terror. “Don’t shoot!” She yelled as Kiyoung quickly turned around to look at her, pointing the gun towards her instead, “Tell me your real name or I will shoot her instead” She threatened as Tiffany stared at Onew in fear. “Onew. . . Please” She pleaded.

 

“Lee Jinki” He sighed and stared at Kiyoung’s back that faced him, “Why would you want to know anyway?”. Kiyoung lowered her gun, her hands trembling slightly as she turned around to look at him, tearing up slightly. “Jinki?” She said with a shaky voice, noticing the necklace he had around his neck. She was sure it was him, the man she had always been looking for. Her Lee Jinki.

 

“Jinki Op—“ She teared up more, but got cut off with a gunshot to her chest, “Step away from him” Jessica yelled, pointing the gun at her, ready to shoot once more. “Jessica” She cursed under her breath and took one last glance at Onew before shoved her head into her helmet, speeding off instantly.

 

“What was that all about?!” Tiffany yelled and looked at them in confusion, “Just another assassin” Jessica sighed and hid her gun in her purse, “What did she want from you?” She said worriedly and went over to her beloved fiancé who was lost in his own thoughts once more. “Who was she?  The way she said my name, kind of made my heart feel. . . “ His thoughts were interrupted by Jessica calling out to him repeatedly.

 

“Sorry, I was just thinking about something” Onew forced a small smile, “Well, don’t forget your wedding day is coming up” Tiffany smiled at them as Onew was slightly startled at this, he had forgotten all about it as he was too busy thinking about Yuki for the past few days. He couldn’t manage to handle all this.

 

Minho knew about Onew looking for Yuki, he had known it was driving him insane, but he also knew that knowing the truth would kill Onew as it would change everything. Minho had been staying distant from everyone as they all had their own problems and he felt like all that he would do was burden them.

 

Taemin was already at the verge of breaking down because he couldn’t see Kiyoung, Yuki, Hwayoung, anymore. Minho hadn’t seen her in so long that he couldn’t even manage to tell anyone about it. He wanted someone else to know. He didn’t want to keep it in but it seemed like he had no choice.

 

Taemin had been in his room all day, sulking under the bed covers, curled up into a ball. He thought his room was his only safe haven. The only place he couldn’t get killed, the only place he could stay in so he could never be seen with Kiyoung for her own good. Key would occasionally knock on his door to leave food by the table; Taemin had cut off all contact with everyone, even the people he lived with. That was the closest thing he had to communication.

 

The windows in his room were noisier than usual, it was like something kept hitting it, it sounded like stones. “What is that?” Taemin sat up groggily and looked at his windows that shut out the outside world with thick curtains, he made his way to it, sliding the curtains to a side to look at the night sky. He looked around, all he could see were the busy streets, building lights, and a peaceful evening; and then a pebble hit his window again. He looked around, confused at where it came from.

 

Another one hit the window as he looked at the tree in front of his window, it was too dark to tell. He squinted his eyes until he could see a dark figure in the tree and he yelled slightly, covering his mouth quickly as it made its way closer to the window till he recognized it. It was Kiyoung.

 

“What in the world. What are you doing here?!” Taemin flailed his arms around after he opened his window, “Help me inside” She threw a pebble at his forehead as he sighed, “Kiyoung I have to tell you something” He whispered as he helped her inside quietly. “About what?” She said, whispering back, “Why are we whispering?”

 

“They think I’m sick or something so they haven’t talked to me in so long, Kiyoung its dangerous for you here, but I think Jonghyun isn’t home so you’re safe for now” he nodded slightly, glancing at the clock. “I need to talk to you” She smiled slightly as Taemin opened his arms, pouting slightly. “but I want a hug first” She laughed softly and nodded, hugging him tightly as they both stood in each other’s embrace.

 

“God, I was so worried about you” He sighed, holding her close. “It’ll take me forever to die” She smirked playfully as Taemin gave her a quick squeeze before letting go, “What did you want to tell me anyway?” Kiyoung looked at him. “Jonghyun threatened to kill you if he saw us together and that’s why I haven’t been able to visit you”

 

“oh” She nodded and smiled gently, “That’s okay”. Taemin blinked at her, “Why’d you come here anyway?”, she smiled once more. “I found my Oppa” She teared up slightly, “Whoa whoa whoa. Don’t cry here” He covered her eyes with his hands as he looked down, wincing in pain, the girl he loved had found the man she loved.

 

“Sorry” She laughed slightly and rubbed her eyes, “I’m just so happy, but I’m not sure its him, I need to confirm it first”. Taemin blinked again, “What do you mean?”, Kiyoung looked around and then looked at him, “I think it’s Onew”. With that said, there was a loud clattering sound of a tray of food being dropped to the floor as Taemin widened his eyes slightly, dashing to the door and opening it quickly to see Minho who was picking up the mess quickly. “I didn’t mean to eaves drop” He looked at Taemin apologetically, “It’s okay, keep it a secret, please?” He pouted slightly as he helped Minho clean up the mess.

 

As midnight grew closer, they she had finished explaining everything to Minho and Taemin as they nodded silently at Kiyoung’s story. They had different reasons to be silent; Taemin was silent because he didn’t want to lose the love of his life, and Minho was silent because he already knew all this but he didn’t know whether he should admit it or not.

 

“Jonghyun what are you doing?!” Key yelled from outside as  they heard his heavy footsteps walk towards the door as they looked at Kiyoung in panic, “Hide” they said softly as they quickly started pushing her under the bed, Taemin trying to get in bed as Minho tried to fix the room to make it look more casual. “Taemin!” Jonghyun yelled and burst into the room.

 

“The hell are you doing here?” Jonghyun looked at Minho who was sitting by the bed, looking at Taemin, “Checking up on him” He said. “Something’s off” He looked around and then noticed the open window, Minho mentally cursed himself for not noticing it. “Why is the window open?”, Minho thought quickly and placed his hand over Taemin’s forehead, “His temperature was high so I opened it to cool him down.”. Kiyoung stayed under the bed, completely still, afraid to make a sound if she moved, but she was stuck in an uncomfortable position as different props were pressed against her back, she held in the urge to groan.

 

“oh, great. You think fast” Jonghyun smirked and then scanned the room once more, “But, why is the rug all muddy?”. Minho was kept silent as he couldn’t think of an excuse, Jonghyun pulled out his gun and kept his finger on the trigger. “Tell me where she’s hiding so I can kill her now”