My Superman.

Superman

 

SUPERMAN

(suggestion: listen to this first. hehe. :D)


 


 

There are no words to paint a picture of you, girl

Your eyes, those curves, it’s like you’re from some other world

 

Onew looked at her from where he was seated in the second row. The nine beautiful members of Girls’ Generation were taking their seats in front of them and he just couldn’t help but stare. Jessica looked stunning, donning a black dress and leather vest. He bit his lip, eyes still fixed on the girl who was otherwise known as the ‘Ice Princess’. He saw her as a goddess. It seemed as though everything about her was amazing to him. Her eyes, her hair, her perfect skin, - they were all perfect. Her body, y, curvy and slender was perfection in his eyes. Her voice when she sings, when she laughs, when she speaks – in Korean or English. The way she moves when she dances, when she walks. Whatever she does is perfect, even her mistakes. She was just amazing to him, truly amazing.

 

And him? Whatever he did was Onew Sangtae.

 

He sighed and continued to admire her. He could only do it from a distance. It was weird, because on camera, she would seem like the shy one when they interacted. But in reality, it was really the opposite. He didn’t have the guts to go talk to her behind camera. Too many things kept stopping him.

 

Then he sank into his seat as she turned around. Onew expected her to call him and talk to him. So, he prepared himself and sat up straight, only to find his expectations crushed in five seconds. Instead of starting a conversation with him, Jessica turned to Key. Key smiled and greeted Jessica and began asking random questions like “What are you guys singing today?” and “How’s Japan?”

Jessica answered his questions happily, smiling and laughing with Key.

 

Onew felt jealousy burning up inside of him. He wanted to punch Key for some reason, but he couldn’t.

‘I wish I was social like Key.’ He thought and a frown crossed his gentle features.

 

-

 

Onew felt he should tell her about how she feels. Well, not like he doesn’t think about that. He’s tried many times before. The number of times he succeeded: Zero. He knows he wants this, a life with her. He wants it a lot. He just doesn’t know why he can’t talk to her properly off-camera.

 

Onew places his hand on his chin, like a thinking gesture, and then an idea pops into his head. He smiles and asks Key for a hot pack. He taps Jessica’s shoulder and gives it to her with a bright smile on his face. She smiles back at him and throws back a sweet “Thank You.” Onew retreats  back into his seat and Jessica fixes her attention on the performers.

 

‘Tell her, Onew. Tell her!’

 

Onew sighs, and calls her attention.

 

“Sica-yah~” He says and she turns to him.

“Yes?” was her sweet reply.

“Uhh- I- Umm…” Onew stalls, trying to think of what to say to her.

 

‘What the hell dude! It’s three words. I. Love. You. Just tell her already!’ Onew screams in his mind. But again, he just can’t do it.

“Nothing… Sorry for disturbing you.” He says and fakes a smile.

“Okay.” She laughs and turns back to the stage.

 

‘Aish. You’re really an idiot.’

 

-

 

SNSD’s manager suddenly comes over to them and whispers something to Taeyeon. The leader tells the girls they have to go get ready. It’s almost their turn to perform. The girls stand up and exit the room one by one. Onew frowns as he watches Jessica leave.

 

‘I’ll miss her.’  He thinks, as if she’s going to leave for some other country. When in reality, she’s going to be back in twenty minutes.

 

You walk my way, Oh God it’s so frustrating.

 

“Hyung.” Onew calls his attention and he turns to the diva who is pointing to a girl in front of them. Onew was surprised to see Jessica there. She came back to tell him something, perhaps. Who knew?

 

The ice princess approached him and threw the hot pack back to him. She then waved her hand at him as she walked off and managed to say, “Bye Bye.”

 

So why do I disappear when you come near

It makes me feel so small

Why do I blow my lines, most every time

Like I got no chance at all

 

Onew went blank. He tried to say something back, even just “See you later,” or even just say her name. But nothing came out… again.

 

-

 

It was SNSD’s turn to perform. Onew cheered with the crowd as they started to perform ‘Run Devil Run.’ Jessica lead the song, which made him scream even louder. He took the name tag which was placed on her seat and raised it up for her to see. She smiled, seeing this, although he thought she didn’t notice.

 

-

 

If I could be your Superman, I’d fly you to the stars and back again.

`Cause every time you touch my hand, you feel my powers running through your veins

But I can only write this song and tell you that I’m not that strong

`Cause I’m no Superman

I hope you like me as I am

 

Onew sighed. It was 2AM and he was lying awake on his bed, thinking about what happened earlier at the Seoul Music Awards.

 

“When will she ever know?”

 

-

 

Onew headed to the SM Entertainment building that day, holding a piece of paper in his hand that had the number and floor of their new practice room. Their old one was borrowed for a while by some trainees, so they had to move.

 

‘14th Floor 22nd Room’

 

He read as he went along. But wait? Isn’t this…?

 

Now it ain’t no lie, I have to tell you how I feel

But each time that I try, It gets a little more unreal

 

Onew looked up and peeked inside the room, only to find Jessica, Tiffany, and Yuri in the room.

 

‘I wish I was alone with you.’

 

“Ooooh.” Tiffany smirked and turned to Yuri, who was smiling. It was like they read each other’s minds.

“We’ll just go!” Yuri chimed in and she and Tiffany both bowed. “See you later, Sica!”

And with that, they left.

Onew was dazed once again. He was alone with her in the room.

 

‘I knew this was SNSD’s practice room.’

 

You say my name

Oh God, I can’t stop shaking

 

“Onew?”

Jessica said. Onew froze. Those two syllables that came out of her mouth, just made him ecstatic. The way she said his name delighted him. A goofy smile formed on his face as he heard that one word come out of .

 

“Hello? Onew?”

She repeated.

 

‘She did it again!’  He exclaimed in his head.

 

“Onew?”

She said a third time.

 

-Flashback-

 

Onew watched from the corner as Jessica talk to his group members Key and Jonghyun. The three were laughing and conversing freely with each other. He sighed, the disappointment showing clearly on his gentle face.

“Jealous, are we?” Onew turned around to see Taeyeon standing beside him.

“What? No!” He laughed awkwardly, but she didn’t seem to buy it.

“You can just tell her. Who knows~ the two of you might be destiny~” She sang to the tune of Hello.

“What? I don’t really like her, Taeng.” He smiled.

“Really now?” She asked and a smirk crossed her innocent features. She pushed him towards Jessica, Jonghyun, and Key.

 

He stood there frozen and looked back to the spot where he was talking with Taeyeon. The SNSD leader just waved and mouthed ‘hwaiting’ to him.

“Hyung…” Key said with a smile on his face, and turned to look at Jonghyun who was now smiling like him.

“Uhh…Jess, Key and I have to go see the manager about something. Nice talking with you. Call me?” Jonghyun said smoothly and Jessica smiled.

“Oh, I understand. See you guys!” She said as Key and Jonghyun walked off and waved to her.

She turned around to speak to Onew.

 

But when she did, he was nowhere to be found.

 

-End-

 

“Hello?” Jessica said in English, waving her hands right in front of his face.

 

The Tofu Prince realized he needed to get a grip, and snapped out of the trance. He shook his head and looked her in the eye as she walked up to him.

 

“Are you alright?” She asked in a worried tone.

 

So why do I disappear when you come near

It makes me feel so small

 

“Y- yeah!” He laughed and bit his lip. He then flashed his bright, endearing smile at her. He didn’t know what to say. Man, If only Jonghyun was here. He was great with ladies. He just smiled.

 

 Ten seconds later she found herself smiling as well.

 

“I`m glad to hear that.” She replies.

“How about you?” He asks.

“I`m alright.” She laughs. “SNSD is doing great in Japan. I see SHINee on TV a lot!”

 

‘She watches me on TV? I wonder if she thinks about me.’

 

If I could read your mind

Girl, would I find any trace of me at all?

 

“Onew?” She calls his attention again. “Are you really alright?”

Her tone rings like an alarm in his ears, and he’s back to reality once again. “Huh? What?” He looks up to see her worried face looking down on him. “Oh Yeah! I’m great.” He says brightly, overjoyed as he notices her concerned expression.

“Really?” She asks again and her eyebrow, not convinced by his first response. He just nods.

“Oh, well, uhh…I, umm, gotta go now. We have schedules too.” She says.

“Oh…” was all he could say. He tried to hide the tone of disappointment in his voice.  He was sad, very sad, that she had to leave for whatever so soon.

“Well, uh, bye!” Jessica said and waved to Onew before heading out the door.

Onew sighed.

 

“Hey!” Somebody called Onew and he turned around to see Jessica by the doorway.

“See you later?” She says and waves. He stands there with his mouth wide open and replies,

“Y-yeah, see you!”

 

“Wow, hyung.” Taemin suddenly appears by his side after seeing Jessica leave. Then, Key and Minho appear by the doorway, clapping their hands.

“Nice, hyung.”

“Oh, come on. You can do way better than that.”

 

If I could be your Superman, I’d fly you to the stars and back again

`Cause every time you touch my hand, you feel my powers running through your veins

But I can only write this song and tell you that I’m not that strong

`Cause I’m no Superman

I hope you like me as I am

 

-

 

It was break day. Onew woke up a bit earlier than usual today and headed to the bathroom to clean up. He ate the breakfast Key had prepared and went into the room. He wanted to practice playing the guitar today. To his surprise, the case was empty.

 

“Key, where’s my guitar?” He shouts from the room.

“I don’t know. Isn’t it in the case?” Key replies.

“No~”

 

Then, there’s a small pause.

 

“Well, it’s probably back at the practice room.” Key said from the kitchen.

“Aish.” Onew says to himself. “But how am I supposed to get it?”

Key rolls his eyes before replying, “Go back there and get it.”

“But it’s break day.” Onew frowns.

“Well, if you want it, go get it.” Key says in his mother tone.

Onew sighs and grabs a jacket then heads out to the parking lot with the keys in his pocket. He drives off.

 

Onew arrives at the SM Entertainment building in no time. He takes the elevator to the 14th floor to room 22. He finds his guitar there, on the table, surprisingly.

 

“There you are, my baby~” He says and runs over to the table to grab his guitar.

 

Onew looks at his watch. ‘It’s only 7:30, who could possibly be here at this time of day?’ He thinks to himself and exits the room, closing the door behind him.

 

He was about to press the elevator button when an yellow-orange tint caught his eye from the corner.

 

‘Funny. The walls are white.’ He thinks to himself and heads to the direction the light was coming from.

‘OMG WHAT IF THIS IS SOME KIND OF YELLOW ORANGE CHICKEN MONSTER?’

Onew thought to himself and then shook his head.

‘What the hell am I saying? There is no yellow orange chicken monster~’

He laughs to himself and peeks at the corner, his body stuck to the wall.

 

There, he sees a window with the blinds undone. The sunlight was pouring in from the outside. Onew looked out the window and smiled.

 

‘The sunrise is beautiful today.’ He says, then he gets an idea.

 

Tofu Prince then closes the window and closes the blinds. Then, he heads to the elevator. But, instead of pressing ‘down’, he goes up.

 

He finds himself on the last floor a little later, and then gets out of the elevator with the guitar in his hands. He climbs one more staircase and then smiles as he sees the door leading to the rooftop. Onew opens it and steps out into the sunlight.

 

‘This color…’ He says in his thoughts. ‘It reminds me of her hair, her beautiful blonde hair.’

 

 

He smiles and sits down facing the east, where the sun rises. What he doesn’t know is that someone was listening, watching. It was a woman. And this woman was following him ever since he got out of the practice room.

 

He doesn’t know she’s there. But he feels her. And, he begins to sing.

 

If I could be your Superman, I’d fly you to the stars and back again

 

‘You don’t have to be Superman, or fly me to the stars and back again.’  She thinks as she slowly approaches him.

 

`Cause every time you touch my hand, you feel my powers running through your veins

 

‘I feel you. I feel you even when you’re not around.’

 

But I can only write this song and tell you that I’m not that strong

 

She frowns. ‘You’re stronger than you think.’

 

`Cause I`m no Superman,

I hope you like me as I am.

 

‘I know you're no Superman. But, I-'

 

“I LOVE YOU, JESSICA JUNG SOOYEON!’ He screams at the top of his lungs, feeling better than ever.

 

“And you’re not Superman,” she sings, like a lullaby in his ear. “But I love you, as you are.”

 

She smiles, faces the east and follows after. “I LOVE YOU TOO, LEE JINKI ONEW!”

 

And Superman and the Ice Princess share a sweet kiss, for he was finally able to accomplish his mission.

 

‘My Superman.’

 

 


 

Based from this picture.

and this song. :D

I am totally in love with Joe Brooks right now. omg.

 

Hope you liked it. ;) 

--author.

SUPERMAN - Onsica. ♥