final ;

Polaroid, You

 

015

 

 

 

 

Two weeks later.

 

 

Kim Myungsoo is still Kim Myungsoo.

 

He is still quiet.

 

He still loves black.

 

He still carries his Polaroid camera to everywhere.

 

And he still enjoys his same old, same old routines – the only difference is that, he learns to view the world in a different kind of way.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s the usual morning; he waits at the same bus stop, and the three high school girls whom he meets almost every day now, would still wave at him when they got a chance and he still smiles whenever he catches them staring.

 

He takes the same bus, greets the same driver and sits at his favourite spot, always next to the window.

 

He always finds himself looking outside through the window, just in case, if she would suddenly appear with her groceries of bags, running with her flimsy steps and he would turn himself into a Superman (not literally), reaching for her and giving her a helping hand.

 

But no, it never happens.

 

For all the days, that he has counted, Myungsoo never met her again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It isn’t the weekend, but Myungsoo decides to wander around the main town after his lectures ended. He wants to take a breath of fresh air, to clear his head from his piles of assignments, and just because – he wants to do something, randomly.

 

He stops at the park, near the large fountain. It’s his first time going there, after a while.

 

When he reaches the fountain, he sees a couple; with the guy holding the girl’s hand as the girl walks somewhat clumsily around on the bricks of the fountain, squealing at her every footing. It feels like a déjà vu to him. It feels like all of the memories of her come running back to him all at once, in a blink of an eye.

 

He takes a picture of the couple, and gives the guy, a thumb up. Though, he knows exactly how the guy feels.

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo walks a little bit more around the town. With his Polaroid camera slings around his neck, he runs his baby steps across the large pedestrian crossing. A smile crossed his face, when he reaches the other side of the street. If she was here, she would be bursting into her giggles. His favorite giggle.

 

He takes pictures of the most random things, like how he takes a picture of a stray kitten which he stumbles upon to, in an empty alley. He takes a rest from his random walk and feeds the kitten with some of his leftover crackers, earlier. He pats the kitten on its head, before continuing on with his long walks.

 

He goes to his favourite stall, to grab a plate of potato pancakes. But this time, it isn’t burnt and it doesn’t taste like charcoals.

 

"Where's the girl that other day?" The owner asks him, seeing him - all alone.

 

"Probably burning some pancakes out there."

 

He giggles at his own remarks.

 

And it comes to him that he misses her.

 

Myungsoo misses the taste, he misses her giggles and he misses Lizzy, almost way too much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the middle of the day, Myungsoo receives a call from Seunghyun, asking him to drop by at his guitar shop. He used to abhor it, but no, Myungsoo doesn’t hate visiting him anymore.

 

“Ara asks about you yesterday. She told me to remind you to bring her favourite cookies. Can you believe that she actually finish the whole jar of cookies by herself?” Seunghyun murmurs, shaking his head, with his arms folded under his chest.

 

“I guess her way of recovering is by eating a lot.” Myungsoo chuckles, with a shrug.

 

“And by developing a habit of nagging too. You won’t believe how much she’s been nagging."

 

"She only nags at you apparently." Myungsoo murmurs to himself, only loud enough to be heard by him.

 

"Like how is it relevant to nag about flowers!"

 

Myungsoo grins and shakes his head. He finds it amusing on how Seunghyun would go on and complain about her almost everyday to him, but somehow, Seunghyun still finds his way to make her happy.

 

“By the way, you mentioned about a parcel for me?”

 

“Ahh, yes! I almost forgot.”

 

Seunghyun makes his way to the cabinet at the left corner. He extends his hand and reaches out for a box, as he places it over the counter.

 

“Well, I don’t know who sends this, but your name is written in the address, so I’m guessing that it’s for you.”

 

“Huh, really?”

 

Myungsoo narrows his eyes. He doesn’t have any pen pal friends that he knew or relatives that would send him letters or parcels. He takes a closer look of the box, and sways the box a little, with his ears place near the box, trying to figure out its contain.

 

He then cuts open the cellophane tape, carefully opens the box with much curious, and when he discovers its contain, his eyes become widen and he gasps a little.

 

It’s a helicopter toy, with a remote control.

 

He plucks out a small note from the box.

 

 

This is my early thank you gift for you.

 

I’m coming over to Seoul next week. Do you mind lending me, another one day of yours? 

 

Do you still remember me? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

 

He breaks into a smile.

 

Finally, he gets to meet her again. 

 

 

 

 


Chapter 15 denotes the ending of the story :) To all of my subscribers and readers, words cannot express my gratitude for you guys. Thank you for the undying support of yours, you guys have been my inspirations to continue/completing this project. This is my first time ever to complete a somewhat long chaptered fic, and I hope it doesn't disappoint. I'm sorry if it does, I'm only human :(

Ending this story gives much bittersweet feelings to me. I gained many new friends and talking with you guys have been so much fun. I hope we can meet again in another project of mine. 

Thank you so much and I'm sending you hugs and kisses. 

God bless and take care! ^^