Chapter Four

Cloud Zero: with Minnie and Woonie

Chapter 4:

We were here, Yesung and I, to question these nimrods for overstepping the boundaries of friendship and playing this horrible trick on us. Well, actually Yesung was here to do that. I was here to strangle some necks, and pass judgment. Yup, this was my court and I am the judge, jury, and prosecutor in this case.

“Alright. So let’s start off the basics,” I stood up getting immersed in my role. “Why,” I pointed to Doojoon and Jinwoon, “are you two here? Last I checked you don’t live here.”

“What are you my mother?” Jinwoon joked.

“No, but I will be your worst nightmare, if you don’t answer my questions.” I glared at him with fire in my eyes.

Jun. K. put his hand up in defense, “Chill home girl. You know he is just joking.”

I turned my attention to him and bit out, “No sweet talk mister. Who gave you permission to call me names?”

“But I always call you names,” he argued.

“Aha!” I pointed to him this time, “So you admit to slander. This is the law of the first court and you hereby agree to calling out names that could be interpreted as harmful towards the innocent party, which is me.”

“Whaa…” he stared at me with his mouth open, then mumbled to Yesung, “I can’t believe you married her?”

“I heard that.” I scowled at Jun.K.

Yesung got up and pulled me aside, so they couldn’t hear us. “You’re doing it all wrong. What happened to what I said?”

“I couldn’t help it. They make my blood boil.”

“Since when does your blood not boil?”

“When I am not around you, or your idiotic friends.” I shot back.

“Really? Because it seems like you don’t know the word ‘happy’.” He replied sarcastically.

“Oh yeah? Well you don’t know what the word ‘kindness’ means.”

“And you do?”

“Umm…guys, I don’t mean to interrupt your love spat, but you know we can hear you, right?” Donghae asked. Yesung and I turned around and noticed our friends standing very close behind us listening in on our conversation, while we were arguing back and forth.

I looked at the empty couch behind them, and then back at them. When did they move? “Were you listening in on our convo?”

“More like love spat,” Doojoon coughed out.

“Well, that’s another offense: eavesdropping.” I said getting back into my prosecutor mode.

“Seriously, why are you guys here?” Jun.K. repeated his original question.

“I will be the one to ask the questions here,” I said waving my stick at him.

“Where did she get the stick from?” Jinwoon whispered to Doojoon. Too bad I heard him though, because I poked him with the stick, “That goes for you too.”

“Alright, so um…can you tell us what happened yesterday? We drank err…a bit too much.” Yesung asked.

“Yeah, you had some romantic night out that you planned just for the two of you, and asked us not to interfere that day. Seeing how it was your birthday, we decided to party ourselves here,” Donghae explained. “That’s why,” he pointedly looked at me, “Doojoon and Jinwoon are here. We drank too much, and they ended up spending the night here.”

“So do you know where I planned this errr…romantic night out?”

“Why?” Doojoon looked at us suspiciously.

“He lost his wallet along with $500 in it.” I quickly lied on the spot. Man, I was good at this.

“Oh well, hmmm.” Doojoon thought. “Yeah, I think you left your itinerary here, after telling us your plan for the whole day and whining about how your wife didn’t love you. Man, I warned you about marrying her and rushing into things, and again on your wedding day. She can be a tough one, believe me I know.”

I smacked the back of his head. Because the ‘wife’ he was talking about was me.

“Oh yeah,” Jinwoon laughed, “Yesterday, you called me saying that you thought your wife was cheating on you, and decided to spy on her. You went to some hotel, Shilla, I think? But, you remember that part, don't you?"

“Bwahaha!” Now it was my turn to laugh out loud while holding my stomach. “Haha! I can’t believe this! You thought ha ha ha, that…that…I would cheat on you!” I chortled. “Boy, were you right! I so would!” I continued laughing.

They all stared at me. “Haha,” I laughed then realized what I said, “I mean I would never ever get caught cheating on Yesung.”

“You saying that you still would cheat on me though?” Yesung lowly whispered to me.

“No, I am saying I would never go out with you in the first place.” I harshly whispered back.

“I wouldn’t give you the time of my life,” Yesung replied back.

“Well, that’s a relief,” Jinwoon sighed, “I almost believed him on the phone yesterday."

I went back into commando mode. “Enough of this. We’re not getting anywhere and I want answers.” I pointed the stick to Doojoon, “When did we get married?”

“Umm…May I think, it was 3 months ago.” 3 months. Those two words again.

“Okay, what date and what time?”

“How am I supposed to know? What do I look like?” I wielded the stick like a sword at him, until he relented. Doojoon put his hands up, “Okay, okay. I believe it was May 21st, and it was around noon….or no, one o’clock maybe.” He looked at the others for confirmation.

“Again, where did she get that stick from,” Jinwoon whispered, but this time to Donghae.

“You sure this isn’t some quiz show, with some hidden camera that we are on right now?” Doojoon queried as he looked around. That was what I was supposed to ask.

“You sure this isn’t a prank?” Yesung asked.

“What prank?” Jun.K. asked looking back at forth between me and Yesung.

“Yeah, what are you talking about? The two of you even got a marriage certificate that same day, if that satisfies your question, I’m sure the exact date will be on there.” Donghae added.

"Do we get a prize for getting it right?" Doojoon cluelessly asked. We ignored him.

“Why did I get married to her?” Yesung slumped on to the couch.

“Dude, I have been asking you that since day one,” Jun.K. chuckled. I narrowed my eyes at him, and he was supposed to be the nice one.

“Has she been giving you trouble again?” Jinwoon asked as he also plopped down on the couch.

See. This is why I didn’t get along with these guys. Always laughing at my expense.

“All I know is that one day you woke up and in love with her. You were so besotted with her. Man, it seems like it was just yesterday.” Donghae chuckled. “And then suddenly two weeks later, you two were married.”

“That soon?” I questioned.

“Yeah, funny thing is you were the same.” Jinwoon said looking me up and down. “I think you two liked each other from when you were young, then secretly went out, before telling the rest of the world.”

“Actually, we all think that,” Jun.K. mused.

We tried not to gag, me and Yesung, and when I looked at Yesung, he poked his tongue out at me. I made a face right back at him.

“Care to finally tell us the truth, sis? Instead of that mumbo jumbo about faith saying, ‘It was meant to be.’” Doojoon looked at me, but I just rolled my eyes at him.

“Hmm, yeah you two have been really private, lately, especially since you got married. Making babies, or what?” Donghae joked. Oh, that earned him a smack. And from yours truly too.

“Well, what makes you think I still don’t love him?” I asked as I sat down next to Yesung on the couch, and wrapped my arms around him. Yesung looked at me disgustedly.

“Oh, we don’t doubt it sis. In fact we believe you wholeheartedly,” Doojoon stated with a hand on his heart.

“Ha.Ha.” I rolled my eyes, then straightened myself.

“You know, you two have come a long way. I’m glad for the both of you.” Donghae said with a twinkle in his eye.

“Well, all this talk about the past is making me hungry. I haven’t even had breakfast yet.” Jinwoon uttered as he picked up his phone.

“Dude, it was like 3 months ago. That’s not too long ago.” Jun.K. pointed out then went to get the phone book.

My stomach growled and I realized that I hadn’t eaten anything (we’re not counting the soup) since I woke up and into this nightmare. Funny, how it was supposed to be the other way around, and I was supposed to wake up into reality from my nightmare. I sighed, I guess this was my reality now.

After looking up a good restaurant, we ordered some food and pigged out. We chatted throughout our meal, and Yesung and I tried to probe for more answers to our never-ending questions. We didn’t get anywhere really, and were only able to find out a little bit. We also were able to discover that our friends had no idea about the prank, and they weren’t pulling one on us either. So that theory had to be thrown out.

After our breakfast/lunch, Yesung and I bade our goodbyes and headed out, still confused, but fuller than when we had come. We stood in the lobby going over what we had just learned.

“Well I guess they didn’t do it, huh?” I asked Yesung.

“No,” he shook his head, “They looked too sincere, and I think they really do think that we are in love with each other and married to one another.”

“Yeah, they had some weird stories about the two of us as a couple. It’s hard to think that they could have made them up. And yeah, we really fooled them today. I must be a better actress than I originally thought.” I smiled to myself.

“You?” Yesung scoffed, “You nearly blew it. I had to come save you each time.”

“What? I even hugged you.”

He scoffed again, “Please. Next time, let me do all the talking and let me lead. I’m much better at acting than you.”

I narrowed my eyes at him, “You sure you’re acting? Maybe, you secretly like me.”

He narrowed his eyes at me, matching them with mine, “Maybe it’s you. Besides, you know where my priorities lie.”

I rolled my eyes at him. “Oh yeah, I forgot you only have a thing for married women.” I said referring to my sister, Seo Young.

“At least she is a thousand times better than you.”

“And way out of your league!” I retorted back at him, getting annoyed to where this conversation was leading to.

He turned away from me. Maybe, I went too far. I was about to apologize, but then he turned back to me with a reserved look on his face. “Okay, so now what?”

“Well, there was the itinerary that you made. We could use that or go to the hotel that Jinwoon mentioned.” I offered.

“Yeah, I guess that’s a start. Hopefully, they can answer our questions.” Yesung sighed before sitting down on the sofa in the lobby. I sat down next to him and also sighed. What a day this was turning out to be.

“You know,” I giggled then looked at him, “Who makes an itinerary about what they are going to do for the day? Especially for a romantic date.”

“Apparently, I do.” He dryly replied.

“Don’t worry. You’ll get better with practice.” I patted his shoulder.

He made a face at me, “I don’t think I want to go to all that trouble for a next time.”

“Yeah, but who knows, maybe your itinerary will be helpful to us this time.” I took out his itinerary from my pocket. “So you decide, itinerary or hotel?” I asked him.

“Let’s take the easy way out and go with the hotel.” He said.

“Alright then! Shilla hotel it is.” I pumped up my fist, trying to get us both energized. I had to look on the bright side through all of this. After this crazy mystery is solved, I am going to soak in the Jacuzzi for a nice, long hot bath with a good novel to read.

Yesung looked at me, “There is just one problem.”

“What?”

“How are we going to get there?”

“Well, we can always ask….”

“Seo Young?” He smiled.

I smiled back. “Seo Young.”

Boy, was she gonna hate us after all of this was over.