Baby at the Mall part 1

Baby Seobbie

“Baby Seobbie,” I hear the gentle call. The voice sounds so familiar. “Wake up, baby dear.” I open my eyes slowly but before I can recognize the owner of the voice, they close again. My eyes are glued as usual. It is hard for me to open it again. The glue always appears when I am sleeping.

“Wake up baby, wake up and we will play some bubbles,” the voice says cheerfully.

Bubbles? I love bubbles. They are fun. They float and then pop out. They always make me smile and giggle. I want to play bubbles. I want bubbles. I try my best to open my eyes. It is hard and they close again. But, I quickly open them again. I blink a lot of times so the glue at my eyes will go away. They do go away as usual.

“Eeee,” I manage to voice out. What I want to say is I want bubble. Can you understand? Is it hard to understand? I think only my omma understand. Even my Appa doesn’t understand me.

“Let’s go,” the owner of the voice say. It is my Omma.

Omma! I want bubbles. “Bebebe,” Hey, do I manage to form a word that people can understand?  Omma burst a small laugh. I like her laugh. It makes me laugh too.   

She brings me to a warm and bubbling morning bath. I love it and always love it. I will grab as many bubbles as I could. I am so excited that I keep kicking the soapy water underneath me. I giggle every time a bubble pops out. Can you imagine how fun the bubbles are?

Auwww. Bubbles times have ended. My Omma dresses me up with a baby blue shirt, light cream pants and a bear hat, complete with the round soft ears. I like them all. I like every clothes that Omma buy for me. Then, Omma leave me lay on her big bed. I stare blankly to the ceiling and then turned to Omma who is getting ready in front of her make-up table. I wonder we are we going today.

“Good morning dear. Good morning Baby Seobbie,” I hear the voice. I quickly turned my sight to the voice.

Appa! I always excited when I see him. Appa! Lift me up. “Aaa!” Do I just scream? I don’t care whether he understands me or not. I raise both of my arms to him. Don’t you understand, Appa? Lift me up like you always did! “Aaa! Aaa!”

“You better carry him, oppa.” I hear Omma voices out. Yay! I tell you that only Omma understands me.

Appa smiles to me and blows into my stomach. I giggle happily. Appa is so funny. The sound he makes is also funny. Then, he finally lifts me up. His strong and protective arms bring me up high. I giggle joyfully. This is fun. It is always fun. Appa catches me before I fall and places me at his chest. I like his hold. It is always strong yet really warm.

I can see Appa is wearing a dark black shirt with a jean. I can smell Appa sharp perfume. I like it. It smells like Appa. I place my chin on his broad shoulder, where I can smell him more. I like it when Appa hold me like this.

“Are you ready, yeobo?” Appa says gently. I think he says that to Omma.

“Yup, let’s go,” I hear Omma voice. I quickly turn to the voice. Omma turns away from the mirror and looks at Appa with a smile. She looks pretty. Omma is so pretty. “Dididi,”

“Auww, our Baby Seobbie is so excited,” Omma says as she pinches my cheek lightly.

********

“Here we are,” Omma says while she carries me and walks out of the car. Appa is closing the door of the car. Omma closes it too.

Beep! Beep!

I giggle. I like that sound, it is fun and cute.

“He likes the remote’s sound,” Omma says when Appa is standing beside her.

“Well, he likes almost everything,” Appa smiles. Then they both walks into a large building called mall. Omma says it is a place where we can see a lot of things and we can buy those things. I am so excited. There must be a lot of fun and interesting things in the mall. This is the first time I come to the mall.

We are walking around until Omma and Appa enter a shop. I see a lot of other babies and older kids at the shop. There are some noona around, watching them play with the toys and small playground. One of the noona comes to us and greets Omma and Appa.

“Welcome the mall’s nursery,” she bows.

Nursery? That word sounds familiar.

“I hope you can take care of him,” Omma says kindly while looking at me. I wonder what is happening here. I do not think I like the situation. Omma expression does not look good as well as Appa.

“Of course, we will. I’ve seen your registration on our web. His name is Yoseob, right?” the noona smiles to me. Since she is pretty, I smile back to her. Omma says when people smile, we must smile back.

“Yes, but he responses more to ‘Baby Seobbie’”

I quickly smile to Omma when he says my name. I like that name. It is cute and joyful.

“Auww, he is so cute,” the noona voices out as her eyes looking at me interestedly. Aigoo, I know I am cute, noona. You do not need to stare at me that way. I giggle.

Omma suddenly passes me to that noona. I looked at Omma blankly as she gently smiles to me as usual. Then, I turn to Appa who is waving at me as one of his arms holds Omma shoulder.

“Your baby is so lovely, madam. It is an honour for us to take care of him,” the noona says.

Take care of me? What does this noona means? Then, Omma and Appa walked out of the nursery and I just can look at them blankly, confused. Omma turns her head to me one last time before she disappears through the door.

Omma! “Aaa!” Omma is gone. Now, no one can understand me.

***********

They let me lay on the baby blue rubber mat. I roll and lay on my tummy. Then, the noona comes with a bottle of milk and feeds me. The milk finished quickly as I’m focusing on finishing it.

“Are you that hungry? Do you want some baby cereal?” the noona asks me kindly as she takes the bottle away from my lips. She carries me and takes to another area. I guess it is a kitchen, I can see stove, refrigerator, sinks, plates and more. She makes me sit in the baby chair. I obediently follow her movement. Then, she walks to the kitchen cabinet, taking out a blue box.

I just keep watching her place the content of the box into a bowl. Then, she goes the kettle and places some water. She takes a spoopn and tastes the content of the bowl before she comes to me with her usual smile.

“I hope you like vanilla flavour,” she says as she points the spoopn filled with the semi-solid food to my mouth. Unquestioningly, I open my mouth and swallow the food. Then, I look at her eyes. Noona, I want to follow Omma. “Aaa.. Aaa..” I know I speak nonsense. But, at least I try.

“Do you like it?” she asked excitedly. She had misunderstood me. I keep silent and continue the eating session until the bowl empty.

“Since you are already full, do you want to take a nap?” she says to me while she carries me away from the kitchen. Then, she lays me on the previous rubber mat.

I close my eyes since she asks me to sleep. After a while, she walks away. I want to sleep but I can’t sleep. I rolled, positioning my body so I can crawl. I can see the door where Omma and Appa disappear through. Quickly, I move both of my hands and legs, crawling towards the door. When I reach there, a couple with a baby girl in a pink dress on the woman hold approach the door and stop. There is a baby stroller beside them. I quickly climb on the baby stroller while the couple is busy chatting with one of the noonas. The other baby notices me and giggle, most probably excited. I smile. The baby returns the smile. Then, she giggles excitedly to her parents. Because of her, no one notice my presence in the baby stroller and the couple pushes the stroller without knowing that I’m in there.

I know the stroller is a good vehicle. Omma and Appa sometime use it on me too.

I’m finally out of the shop. I must find Omma and Appa fast.

“The stroller is a bit heavy or it is just me,” the man speaks.

Suddenly, the baby girl is crying.

“I think she just poops,” the woman says.

“Alright, let’s go to the changing diapers room,” the man says and continues pushing the stroller without asking.

They stop the stroller in front of the changing diaper room. The woman together with the baby enters the changing diaper room, while the man enters the man’s toilet. I slowly climb down from the stroller and crawl away.  

I’ve to find Omma and Appa. I wonder where I can go. I sat on the floor until a noona notices me. She is walking out from the ladies toilet.

“A baby?” she questions.

I turn to her, blinking my confused eyes. I never know her but she doesn’t look like a bad person. She is pretty. She has a long brown wavy hair and small figure compare to other woman. But still, my Omma is prettier.

“Why are you here? Where is your parents?” she asks me as she squats, lowering her level so she is closer to me.

I look at her blankly, straight into her eyes. I blink again since I’m confused of what to do. I must find Omma and Appa. But, the mall is too big and I cannot stay in the stroller forever. The previous baby girl will need the stroller.

“You are so cute. I wonder if you will cry if I carry you,” she says as she places her hands under my arms as she slowly lifts me up to her chest.

Maybe I can find Omma and Appa if I follow her. I smile as I am comfortable in her hold. Thanks, noona. “Nananaa..” I know she will not understand but at least I say ‘thank you’. Omma says when someone helps you, must reply them with a thanks.

While she lifts me up, she sees the stroller outside the changing diaper room. Suddenly, the baby girl’s Omma comes out of the changing diaper room with the previous baby girl and places the baby in the stroller as she pushes the stroller away.

“I guess she is not your mother,” she says.

I think the woman heard the noona because she suddenly turns to us and smiles awkwardly.

She is not Omma. “Nana... Na...” I shake my head.

“Aigoo, you are such a lovely baby. I wonder why they leave you in front of the toilet,” she says while carrying me and walking away from the toilet.

“Hara,” a voice makes her stops suddenly. Her sight turns away from me so she can look at the owner of the voice. It is a guy, taller that her with a black silky hair. So, this noona name is Hara.

“Junhyung,” She speaks in a low voice. I think she is surprised.

“I never thought you can make baby in the toilet,” he says, raising one of his eyebrows and it makes Hara noona looks uncomfortable. I don’t like it. That guy is harsh. I’m afraid that he will hurt me later.

That guy comes closer to us and my eyes are getting teary.

“Tsk… Tsk…” I cry softly, scared that he will annoy with me if I wail loudly. Although, I am scared of him, my eyes cannot stop looking at him, waiting if he is going to do bad thing to me and noona.

“Oppa, you make him cry,” Hara noona gently speaks and she turns me away from that Junhyung guy. Wait! Did noona just call him Oppa? Who is he?

“I’m sorry. Seriously, why is this baby with you?” I turn my head to see that harsh guy.

“I found him outside of the ladies, alone.” Hara noona explains kindly.

“Then, have you tried to seek for his parents?” The guy asks and I finally can see him again as noona turns me since I keep moving.

“There’s no one in the ladies,” Noona nods down as if she has done a wrong thing.

“The man toilet?” he asks, as if he already knows the answer.

Noona shakes her head. “But, who will leave their baby alone even they are going to the toilet,”

“Then, how this baby is alone? Without his guardian?” I hate him.

Noona is not guilty. “Tatata… Tata…” I stretch my hand to him, so he will know that I’m talking to him.

Noona looks at me and turns to Junhyung guy. “I think he likes you,” Noona smiles.

“After he cries watching me?” that Junhyung guy questions.


Still not finish writing this. Haha.. I wish I could finish this part at the next chapter.