Oppa

Oppa

Hyunseong smiled widely while he saw that girl. Shinyoung, Jae Shinyoung, a new trainee in Starship which entered a week ago. She was dancing with other trainee in dance class. Hyunseong looked at her from a clear glass window on the door. Brightly shining, she was different from other trainees. She was energetic despite of sweat that formed on her face. 'Fighting, Shinyoung!' he said on his mind. After this, they would have vocal class together. He smiled happily.

Waiting. He was waiting for her, because recently she was Hyunseong's vocal partner. Actually a trainee wouldn't be able to practice with a debuted star, but she was an exception. Shinyoung had a great vocal power, that was why the company gave her an opportunity to learn with Hyunseong.

She was nice towards everyone. Hyunseong remembered clearly how she bowed to almost anyone at the first time she entered the vocal class. Shinyoung's smile entered Hyunseong's mind. He recalled her smile towards him, her soft words and voice, calling him, 'Hyunseong-ssi' at the first day they met. Also at the time she told him that she felt lonely because she was new. He remembered them all clearly, her expression, her eyes, everything about her. Yes, he started to like her. And after all, she responded to him positively.

All the trainees stopped their move. Shinyoung, too. That meant the dance session had done. "Oh, ottokhae, she's going out," said Hyunseong to himself. Trying not to be too obvious, he tried to went away few meters from the door. Right after, Shinyoung went out from the dance room. Hyunseong walked to her, trying to make that just like a coincidence.

Before Hyunseong attempted to say any word, Donghyun came towards Shinyoung. "Oh, oppa?" she asked in a surprised tone. 'Oppa? How come she called him oppa?' Hyunseong thought. "Ya, Shinyoung-ah, go with me for a while," Donghyun said while grabbing Shinyoung's hand. 'What's that for, Hyung?' Hyunseong kept looking at them. "Oh, w-waeyo? Oppa, don't be like this, I have vocal class after this," she tried to refuse.

"We still have ten minutes, ppali kajja!" Donghyun dragged her, earning attentions from other trainees, since Shinyoung is a new trainee. Hyunseong was still at his position. 'They're both so close. Are they in a relationship? But then, why Shinyoung treats me nicely if she is in a relationship with Donghyun hyung?' These thought were flying in Hyunseong's mind.

Almost late to the vocal class, finally Shinyoung entering the vocal studio. Hyunseong was already there. "Ah, at last! Jae Shinyoung! Let's start then," said Mr. Kang Taejun, Starship vocal trainer. "The new song for this time is Jansori, IU and Seulong's duet song, this is the text, and I am sure you two have heard it, so let's try."

Stop being out so late
Try not to drink so often
You don't listen to me like a 10 year old child


I can only laugh
Who are you calling a child?
Really, I can only laugh


"Stop," said Mr. Kang. "I couldn't feel Hyunseong's passion in this song. Try to put more happy expression in this song, okay, Hyunseong?" "Ye," he answered. ' It is hard to do so when my heart is not in a good mood.' Hyunseong thought. They started from the beginning again.

After several times repeating and repeating again, finally Mr. Kang said, "Hyunseong, I don't know what's wrong with you today, but you can't express this song well. Since I have to go, you two stay here to practice for about 30 minutes. Get the feeling, Hyunseong." Mr. Kang ended the lesson, but the two had to stay there.

After Mr. Kang left, Shinyoung came closer to Hyunseong. "Hyunseong-ssi... do you have any problem?" "Ahniyo," he answered coldly.

"Then try to understand this song first, should we?" Shinyoung suggested. "Shirreo." he said in a high note.

"W-waeyo..?" Shinyoung was scared. She had never faced this kind of Hyunseong. Hyunseong that she knew was the calm, nice and shy one. Not this harsh man.

"Don't be nice to me, ara?" Hyunseong said, trying to push his emotion. Shinyoung looked at him with a confused look. "Don't be nice to me if you are going to break my heart! Go to Donghyun Hyung!" he said. "I-I don't understand," Shinyoung said to him.

"Tch, 'Oppa'? You're here only one week and you call him 'oppa'? What is actually your purpose? Treating me nicely, being a cute girl for Donghyun Hyung, do you want to take benefits from us? We're not even popular yet! If you want to do so, why don't you attract the magnaes? They are more popular than us. How cheap are actually you?" Hyunseong exploded.

"Have you done with your words? Say it again! Just say, I'm cheap! Yeah, just think like that!" tears rolled down from her cheeks. "You can say anything about me. I am only a trainee. A new trainee. You can think I came here to seduce idols, go ahead!" she shouted at him then she burst in tears. "Are you even a human?" she asked sarcastically.

At that time, hearing those noise, Donghyun came to the vocal studio. "Ya! Hyunseong! What are you doing?!" he asked Hyunseong angrily, seing Shinyoung who was crying. "Take care of your girlfriend, hyung!" Hyunseong said. As fast as he could, Donghyun tried to hit Hyunseong, but he was stopped by Shinyoung.

"Waeyo, hyung? Do you want to hit me because of this new trainee? Jae Shinyoung, let him punch me!" Hyunseong said. Donghyun was ready to hit him again.

Shinyoung got Donghyun's arm, "Oppa! Don't hurt him! He's your member!" she tried to persuade Donghyun. "Shinyoung-ah, he made you cry, and now you told me not to hurt him? How much do you like him, huh?"

"What? Like me?" Hyunseong asked in disbelief. He stared at Shinyoung intensely. "Yes, and you made her cry!" Donghyun added. "Oppaaa!" Shinyoung slapped Donghyun's arm.

"Ah wae? Look! He's not even your boyfriend and he already made you cry! How can I let my cousin to be with him?"
Donghyun protested.

'Cousin?' Hyunseong repeated that word in his mind. 'That means, Shinyoung and Donghyun Hyung...'

"Shut up, oppa! Aaah! Go out for a while!" she asked Donghyun to go out from the vocal room. "Arasso, arasso, but if you cry because of him again, I'll break his leg!" Donghyun threatened.

"Arassoyo, oppa. Now leave us for a while," said Shinyoung, reassured Donghyun that she would be okay.

"Arasso." He turned around to look at Hyunseong, "Ya! Treat her well or I'll kill you!" then he went out. She wiped her tears.

Hyunseong tried to ask Shinyoung," So, you're Donghyun hyung's cousin?"

"Ahniyo, I'm a trainee who loves to seduce idols like you." she said coldly.

"Shinyoung-ssi, I'm serious. I'm sorry for my words."

Shinyoung sighed. "Yes, I'm his cousin. I don't tell anyone because I don't want to get any special recognition because I am Kim Donghyun's cousin. And yes, I call him oppa because we're close."

"O-oh.." Hyunseong felt embarassed for his bad temper.

"Then, why did you become angry then?" she asked Hyunseong. Hyunseong answered," I don't even know why I am angry, but it felt like, I don't like to see you with other guys. I...I... I like you very much, and since... you treat me well, I think I become too egoist that.. uh.."

"What? Continue your words..."

"... that I want to have you as my yeoja chingu. Will you?" he asked

She remained silent. But then she only said one word, "BABO." Hyunseong looked at her, confused. "W-what?"

"Neo, baboya," she said," you are an idiot! Shim Hyunseong, you already know the answer but you still asked!"

"So, that's a yes?" Hyunseong asked.

"Haven't you heard Donghyun oppa's words?" she gave Hyunseong another question. That was right. Donghyun implicitly stated that Shinyoung liked Hyunseong.

"T-then..." Hyunseong blushed. Shinyoung bit her lower lip and nodded. "Umm"

"But..." Hyunseong said, "..these hands..," he reached Shinyoung's hands. ".. don't let any other guy hold your hands, arasso?" Shinyoung blushed this time.

"Ne,"

"Ja! Let's practice again, hmm...? I'm sure we can sing this song. Call me oppa!"

"No," Shinyoung refused. "We're at the same age. How could I call you oppa?"

"Aigoo, yaa... just once, call me, 'Hyunseong oppa', okay?" he came closer to Shinyoung

"Shirreo! Ah, w-we should... practice!" she blushed again

"Call me 'oppa' first!"

Hyunseong pinched her cheek lightly.


---

 

end~~ yeay! first story in asianfanfics~

Sorry if I made a clumsy Hyunseong this time, >w<