Chapter Two: Four Years Later...

The Miracle of Our Life

“Lauren Joo Won Yang!” Seung Ho called as his three year old daughter comes running out of her room and down the stairs slowly. Seung Ho grabbed her lunch. She came and hugged him. He laughed and then picked her up. He laid the lunchbox on the counter and then gave her a piggy back ride. She laughed as she held onto Seung Ho tightly.

Seung Ho and her reached So Yeon’s house. So Yeon walked out.

“Lauren! Seung Ho-ssi!” She said. Seung Ho waved to her.

“Ahjumma!” Lauren called.

“Good morning.” So Yeon said. “Aigoo~ my pretty Lauren.” She picked Lauren up.

“I have to go to work, so I decided to drop her by. I might be a little late today so I packed a lunch and snack for her.” Seung Ho said. So Yeon nodded as she put Lauren down and took the bags.

“I have pancakes too.” Lauren said.

“Chincha?” So Yeon asked.

“Eung.” Lauren said. So Yeon smiled.

“Aigoo~ gwiyeopda.” She said.

“Lauren-ah, kiss appa goodbye.” Seung Ho said. Lauren kissed him on the cheek as he gave her one back in return. “Bye I’ll see you tonight.”

“Bye bye appa.” Lauren said. She waved goodbye as Seung Ho left in his car.

“Kaja, let’s go play today.” So Yeon said. Lauren held her hand and walked inside with her. They started talking away. Seung Ho drove off towards work and was thinking about Lauren and Ji Ah. It reminded him of the day that he found Lauren at his doorstep with a message from Ji Ah about not wanting to keep Lauren anymore.

The airport doors opened and her parents waited for her.

Tiffany!” Her father called when he saw her. She smiled and waved. She went up to him and hugged him tightly.

I missed you so much.” Ji Ah said.

“Nado.” He said.

“Honey.” Her mother said. Ji Ah then hugged her. “Welcome home.”

“I missed you guys so much.” Ji Ah said as they pulled apart. “I have so much to tell you guys.” They went towards the car as her father strolled the luggage. They got into the car and drove off. They talked about her days in Britain.

That night Seung Ho pulled over at So Yeon's house. He got out of the car as So Yeon came to the door when he heard his car engine turn off. She smiled.

"She's asleep." So Yeon said.

"Komawo So Yeon-ssi." Seung Ho said as she handed Lauren's stuff to Seung Ho. Seung Ho went to place them in the car first. He then went back to get Lauren. So Yeon handed him a blanket.

"This is for Lauren. It's quite cold outside." So Yeon said.

"I'll make sure to send it back." Seung Ho said.

"It's alright, she can keep it." So Yeon said. "It's alright with me."

"Really? Gomawo, again." Seung Ho said. So Yeon smiled. She waved goodbye as Seung Ho drove off towards his house. Seungho carried her into the house and laid her on the bed. He smiled as he saw her sleeping face. He pulled the covers over her body and kissed her goodnight, then moved her hair away from her face. 

"Saranghae." He whispered. He got up and closed the light. He went back outside to get Lauren's stuff from the car. He came back in and went into his room. He sat on his bed and got ready to sleep when he saw the picture of Ji Ah on his table. He picked up the picture and brushed his fingers back and forth on her face. "Wae? I thought you loved me." Tears rolled down his face. 

"Appa." Lauren said from the door. She was holding the teddy bear in her arms and rubbed her eyes. Seung Ho quietly wiped away his tears. 

"Eo~ Lauren. You're up? Why aren't you asleep?" Seung Ho asked. 

"I got scared. I want to sleep with you." Lauren said. Seung Ho smiled. 

"Come here princess." Seung Ho said. Lauren smiled and ran to him. He picked her up and placed her next to him. She hugged him tightly. 

"Good night." Lauren said. Seung Ho smiled. 

"Good night." he said. Lauren closed her eyes and soon fell asleep. Seung Ho patted her back and then caressed her hair. "Good night." He said again.