I did it !!!!

Never give up !

We were on the school field surrounded by their school and ours. It was supposed to be a private match but I guess someone forgot to shoot the little birds.

Standing on the field was our team and SM highs team, plus Me, Jaejoong,Yoochun, unnies, Yunchae and minmin. The reason why we were there was because all the teams did, was argue and not play. Insults went back and forth.

It wasn’t an official game, so no judges or teachers were present, just students and I believe there was a lot more people from different schools as well. I have no idea how this thing got so big but oppa did say that both school teams were popular and known so them challenging each other was something.

The atmosphere was intense as silence took over and when past issues (you know what) came over, both teams were boiling, ours more than theirs.

T.O.Ps expression was so mocking that it was screaming “Oh, please what can they do? They’re just some lower lever team, no big deal”. 

I’m just looking forward at his shocked face when he realizes that the team his playing against isn’t the same one he had beaten a year ago.

And he just looked down on them, dismissing them just like that, without even seeing them play was absurd and very amateurish.

 I glared at the cocky captain and spoke up, simply out of my temper since I hate his type of people. Someone who looks down on others without seeing what their capable of.

-If you think they’re that much below your level why in the world did you challenge them? I said venom leaking from my voice, I smirked straight at him.  Just because your team members don’t have what it takes to keep a woman, doesn’t mean you have to attack those who actually have it.

The crowd was laughing and cheering from our side but we ignored them and once T.O.P gave them a look, they fell silent. His face was angry and certain teammates if his looked like they wanted to kill me and Jaejoong suddenly pulled me behind him.

-Jaejoong ! I looked at him but he just shook his head looking at the team who were now smirking.

-look, the Barbie boy is protecting his princess. And here I thought Ken was gay. One of them mocked and the rest of them laughed.

-Yeah, but I think with them it’s reversed. The girl is the knight protecting her Ken doll. Other one continued and everyone snapped.

Our team and kingkas were about to attack but I held Jaejoong back by grabbing his shirt while Unnies stopped the team. Cl got Yunho and Minji took care of her own man.

I was looking at the ground, thinking of nothing. I snapped already, that’s it. He looks down on others and now he even insults innocent people? After a while I pulled Jae back, stepped up and walked to the front.

My face was calm and indifferent and when I spoke up my voice held absolutely no emotions. Being able to seal all emotions from my mind and face was something I picked up playing soccer for as long as I did.It was something I meantioned to the team but was unable to teach.

It comes in handy during matches. You clear your mind from everything, nervousness, fear and even confidence. That way you only concentrate on playing without distractions. (A/N all made up, I know basically nothing of soccer so..hehheh.)

This habit was something I thought I lost when mom died. Since I haven’t been able to do it no matter how many times I tried to seal the pain away.

But apparently it wasn’t lost, just buried inside me. After I thought of that, I didn’t stop walking but I stopped in my mind. Maybe,.. I was the one who buried it. I-…

 -Oh, sorry. You don’t like that? But I thought you’d prefer being the man of the relationship but I guess you can be a foreign princess if you like. The guy said again mockingly and I had to push all thoughts away and look up at him.

-First of all, nobody calls him Barbie boy except me or Dara unnie. Second, as long as you stay as the all talk low life you are, I don’t care. I answered evenly and I must have hit something since he got so angry that his teammates had to hold him back.

-Oh, sorry. Did I hit a nerve ? Which one was it, the all talk or low life ? I said smiling at him, making him lose it. His teammates had to pin him to the ground.

-You’ve got guts to speak to us like that. You must be real brave or real stupid. T.O.P said watching more like glaring me. I answered his stare steadily, not even flinching, no emotions in this state remember?

-You still didn’t answer my question, though? I said back and he looked back at me smiling  me now, somehow funny.

-You really are an interesting one.

-And you’re all talk. I thought you came here to play ball but I guess you can ONLY play your mouths huh ? I said. If there’s nothing else, we’ll be going then. I don’t want to waste my time on useless amateurs like you. I said turning back and walking away.

-Amateurs? You call us amateurs and still you hang out with those people who can’t win over us even in their dreams. Some guy yelled from the back and our team started stirring again. I turned around, showing no emotions.

- Maybe, but where you play with strength, hard work and simple tricks, they play with talent, hard work and passion. And trust me that is the most powerful combination, you can have. They didn’t say anything as the captain knew I was right.

-You know a little bit too much about soccer for just a fan. He said looking at me suspiciously. But anyway as you said we came here to play so let’s play like promised. I let out a humorless chuckle.

-You kidding me? Your people beat up four of our best players. I nodded my head towards them, they had insisted on coming despite everything.

-We can still play ! Junsu and rest of the team shouted out. I smiled at them and I could see the burning desire to beat the SM team for all they’ve caused them and us. I smiled at them and sighed.

I took a grasp of my heart and thought of mom. ‘What do you think mom ? I’ve worked hard for this but I still can’t play. But I need to help them, I want to help them! But, can I’

Changmin noticed my look and smiled at me, walking to my side.

-You can do it! He said smiling, I looked at him worried then at the others. They all nodded and smiled at me. I looked at them for a while before nodding back and taking a deep breath.

I turned to look at T.O.P whose team had already spread out. He was watching when the goal keeper yelled.

-What’s taking so long. Chickened out? I smirked as I looked at T.O.P.

-I’ll play with them in place for the four missing. That is if you’re okay with it. I shouted at them and while everyone was shocked after getting over it they started laughing and our team looked at me.

-Eva? Junsu asked looking at me stunned. I smiled.

-I know I might not be able to do it but I can try. No matter how lousy I play, it will still be better than them. I said nodding to the SM teams direction.

-That’s not what I’m worried about, I know you can do it. I was just thinking how bad we will look next to you. Junsu said smiling while the team was about to protest.

-That’s not true. Don’t you have any confidence in your coach. I said teasingly. They all smiled at me even though only junsu knew the entire truth.

When I looked back at SM team, I saw T.O.P yelling at them.

-You beat them up? WTH?  Don’t you have any trust in our team at all? He yelled, very disappointed in his team. ‘Wow, so he didn’t know about the beatings’ His teammates looked down ashamed and I just shook my head.

-Look, it’s okay seunghyun. I said and got weird looks from the others but ignored it. Though, I did hear jaejoong mumbling something about being friendly with the enemy.

-What’s done is done. But more importantly, do you accept the challenge? I asked raising my eyebrows at him. He looked back wondering and sighed.

-I don’t think so. I mean we’re a team and it won’t be even like this. We might end up killing you since we won’t pay attention that there’s a girl in there. I laughed at his words.

-How sweet. Don’t worry, you won’t go to prison for murder but maybe you want to from humiliation. I said smirking at him challenging. Don’t tell me you’re afraid. He looked back and smirked now.

-Never.

-Then take your places. I turned around, looked at the team and nodded to them, Junsu picked up the ball before walking to the center. we took our places and I went to the center of the places the four would have been. He kept watching me instead of the team and in the end, curiousity took over.

-What gives you the confidence? He asked me.

-It’s not confidence. I answered and looked into his eye, giving Junsu a sign to be ready. It’s knowledge. I finished and then Yunho blew the whistle and the game started.

T.O.P and his teammates were very slow to react when they all started moving, at least now compared to our team after the reflex training from hell that I had put them through. The team was shocked at their improvement and Junsu passed me the ball and I didn’t think but kicked it straight to the goal.

‘I did it !’  I stopped for a while to realize that even though I played only image in my head was soccer and my friends. No horror pictures. I looked at my friends smiling and they cheered back.

There was a timeout after a few rounds and we were winning. I was so glad that I was able to play but I still gave in to the guys and let them take lead. It was their game, not mine.

-You conquered your fear. Minji said smiling and I looked at her in confusion.

-What fear ? But as I voiced it, I started to realize it and it all became clear while I played.

I was afraid to play because I was scared that something might happen again while I did it. That is part of the reason why I couldn’t seal my emotions away like I as usual during games because I was afraid I would miss something important. After sometime of knowing I couldn’t play, the promise became the excuse I used.

In the end, We won 30-0 and our boys were throwing me in to the air even though I only made sure the ball was kept off our side. They did most of the work.

-Thank you so much. Junsu said when things had calmed down and I smiled hugging him.

-No, thank YOU. For everything. I smiled and we went back to our friends. We celebrated with the team and our friends plus their friends but by the end of the evening, minmin couple had disappeared again, Changmin probably harassing Minji in some dark corner. Let them be.

Yunho was grinning while hugging Chaerin tightly from behind and CL was smiling at me triumphant.

Dara and Yoochun were standing next to each other smiling at everyone while Bom was busy giving Junsu her full attention.

Jaejoong and I were pretty much stuck with each other but we weren’t that awkward anymore, though I still can’t figure out why my heart has started raising in his presence.

And please, no dirty thoughts even if the not so innocent maknaes are gone somewhere!