When He Mistreats You

When He Mistreats You - A EXO-M Kris Scenario

When He Mistreats You - A Kris Scenario


You sighed fiddling with the sleeve of your sweater, you were so bored right now it wasn’t even funny. You felt like if the recording didn’t end soon you were going to rip your hair off. At this moment you were sitting in EXO-M’s dressing room waiting for Kris, your boyfriend, to finish off with an interview he and the rest of EXO-M were having, and you couldn’t be any more bored. The host of the show was asking the boys questions that you already knew the answer too, and worst of all your phone died a couple minutes ago so you were left with absolutely nothing to do. And most of the Coordination Noonas got to leave the room, while you had to stay in the dressing room.

You groaned. Now you were frustrated. Your eyes scanned the room for about the 1Oth time in the time you had been there, your eyes landed on the TV and you started watching the interview again, being caught of guard when the host asked the EXO-M boys if they had girlfriends, your ears perked up when you heard that, deep down you wanted Kris to reveal your relationship even though you knew the crazy fan girls would go absolutely crazy and hunt you down. To you it would have been like Kris actually cared about you again.

Because lately, well more like ever since EXO had debuted, Kris had been… Had been a little, scratch that, a hell of a lot more distant. whenever you to would go out; you could never hold his hand, he would never wrap his arm around our shoulder, and whenever you tried to call him ‘Oppa’ he would snap at you telling you couldn’t call him that anymore though at first it was ‘you can’t call him that in public’ but now it was ’ you can’t call me that anymore’. And now you couldn’t cuddle, kiss, hug or do anything that involved physical contact with anymore. A kiss on the forehead was a blessing sent from heavens now a days. And it was slowly but surely breaking your heart slowly.

And what came out of Kris’s mouth almost made your heart stopped right then and there.

Laughter.

He laughed at the question when it was directed at him, it was a small giggle like most of the time when the question was directed to any normal person would, but it was full blown out laughter. Your wide eyed stared into a deadly kill. While the rest of the EXO-M members had ‘oh-you’re-so-screwed’ look on there face. But Luhan’s look was more disappointed than anything.

Out of all of the EXO-M members -besides Kris- Luhan was the one you were most close with. There was just something about “Baby Face” that you adored, and the feeling was mutual. Because both you and Luhan had spent countless times before, and whenever Kris made you really upset, like; hysterical crying Luhan was always there to calm you down and snap you back into your senses. And Luhan hated the way Kris had started treating you, but what he hated the most was the fact that you just let it slide. And now you weren’t so sure yourself with you let it slide either.

And by laughing and saying ‘no’ and that he didn’t want one in a very long time, Kris was becoming very odious in your book. And did not like it one bit.

You frowned as the interview went on, your mind just kept replaying over and over to Kris’s reaction, and when it wondered off it wondered of to the last six months during EXO’s debut, then you thought back to the past eight months which was when you and Kris had started to go with each other. And your mind was now reeling, and the more you thought about it; the more you got upset and pissed off at the same time.

Being in deep thought you hadn’t notice the EXO-M members coming and both Tao and Luhan plopping down on your sides. They both exchanged glances when they got a good look on your face. You looked in such deep thought and they wondered if had anything to do with the way Kris had reacted to that question. And it had everything to do with it.

And Tao and Luhan were well aware of that when they took one look into your eyes, that seemed so distant so thoughtful and so hurt… “Noona…” Tao called softly shaking your shoulders.

You jumped finally realizing that EXO-M had finished there interview and now were back in the dressing room with you.

You smiled at Tao and nodded. “I’m fine, Tao.” Tao nodded and stood going over to the Coordination Noona that had called just now. While Luhan stayed seated by your side still staring at you. “Shouldn’t you get changed Luhan?” You asked him.

Ignoring you question he asked; “He forgot didn’t he?” You looked down at your lap and Luhan knew the answer to his question. Luhan sighed. “Don’t worry about it thought…” You said in a small voice, it was barely audible, but Luhan still heard you. “I’m going to take care of it today… So no need to worry.”

“Luhan you need to change.” Xiumin called out. Luhan nodded signaling he was going to get up at any second now.

But his eyes were still on you. “Fine.” He whispered. “Congratulations, _______-ah. I hope you have many more…” You smiled mouthing a ‘Thank You’ at him. Luhan got up and went to change.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. But then you felt someone sit beside you, your eyes opened and you smiled at Kris who was now beside you. “Hi.” You whispered below a whispered. But he heard.”Why did Luhan say congratulations to you?” He asked.

Your heart sank.

He really did forget.

But instead of showing how truly disapointed you were, you covered it by smiling and saying. “Oh that was nothing I just got an ‘A’ on my Mandrid paper, O-Kris.” He smiled at you. Damn it had been a really long time since he had smiled a you. “That’s great ________-ah.” Kris said. You frowned. His tone didn’t say it was great.

“Go change.” You told him forcing a smile. Not waiting for him to get up you took out your phone, and started looking through the contacts searching for a particular number. Kris gave you an odd look, not understanding your sudden mode change. But even so not bothering to ask you what was wrong with you. And to you that was just another thing to add to the list.

After awhile Kris, Luhan and the rest of the EXO-M members were done changing and were ready to go.

“Oppa…” You said tugging on Kris’s hand, he glared at you and you let go of his hand. “What are you doing tonight?” You asked hopping he would have remembered. His glared turned into a normal stare, and your heart softened hopping he would have remembered about it. “I have night practice with the rest of group.” He answered.

You looked down, upset completely washed over you. He raised an eyebrow at your actions. “What? What’s tonight?”

“Oh, it’s nothing really. I’m going to go grab a cab and go home, okay? I’ll see you later.” You said grabbing you bag and slinging it over your shoulder. You said ‘goodbye’ to both Tao and Luhan and whoever else was close to you and walked away.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

During EXO-M’s practice Kris couldn’t get his mind of the way you had reacted when you found he had a practice with EXO-M and he also couldn’t get the why the members of EXO-M were throwing him odd looks he couldn’t quite read. He really had forgotten about it. His thoughts were more on your eyes, your eyes had always given out your emotions -the eyes are the mirror to the soul- and when he told you that he had a practice with the rest of the members your eyes looked unbearable, heartbroken if you may.

“Alright guys take fifteen.” Their choreographer, Zhang Mien Xi called out to them, seeing none of the six were really concentrating.

The six boys sighed, Chen and Xiumin fell onto the floor while Tao, Lay and Luhan sat down and Kris went over to his bag and grabbed his water and small towel to dry of the droplets of sweat from his forehead.

The five other members of EXO-M were staring -glaring- at Kris, while he didn’t know what exactly he had done. he wanted to know what the hell had caused all of the members to look ready to kill him at any damn given moment/chance.

“What?” Kris asked, when all of the members were staring at him, or glaring at him actually. Chen sighed. “Look at the date on your phone.” Kris rolled his eyes, and grabbed his phone from his bag. June 19th.

June 19th.

June 19th.

The hell was so important about the d- oh . Kris thought as he remembered what was so important about this date. And why you looked so crushed, and the as to why the rest of the members of EXO-M were practically glaring at him.

June 19th.

Your 21st birthday.

You sighed and zipped up your suitcase. You took the suitcase of the bed and placed it on the floor, you fixed up the bed neatly. You did a double check on the whole room and bathroom and fixed up whatever was messed up; drawers, toiletries, dust of things etc…etc… Being the compulsive neat freak that you were, you had to clean before you left.

You went back to your room -scratch that your old room. And grabbed the suitcase taking it with you out of the room, making sure to grab the white envelope that you had left on your dresser.

As you made your way towards the kitchen, your eyes stayed on the letter while your fingers traced the name written on in it in cursive; “Wu Fan”.

You felt like crap, with ever step you took you felt as if you were leaving a trail of the broken pieces of your heart. But you knew that if you stayed it would be worse. Because if you left now -which right now you were sure you would leave- you knew you wouldn’t be with Kris and at least you knew the pain you would go through, but if you stayed it would hurt you more not being able to be with the old Kris.

The one that actually cared about and that cared enough to ask you what was wrong. Yes, Kris had never been very affectionate nor would he do a lot of skin-ship with you, but he never forgot to show you he cared and he would always say that he loved you, no matter what. It just went down hill in the last couple of months.

And the person it was most affecting was; you.

Because you were sure that if it was affecting Kris; he would have done something about it.

But he didn’t.

Which meant it didn’t affect it.

And that had just left you heartbroken, more then you already were. You sighed placing the letter of the cream colored marbled counter top.

Once you ad opened the door, you took one look around the apartment you used to live in. “Wǒ ài nǐ., Wu Fan.” You said with a sigh at the end. Walking out the door, which made a soft click, The only sound that was heard as you silhouette disappeared was your suitcase and the sound of your footsteps.

“Zàijiàn.” You let out below a whisper.

Kris breathed out, he was out of breath the second he had remembered about your birthday he had bolted from practice. He felt terrible. now it had made sense why you looked so crushed. You had wanted to do something with him for your birthday, even if it was just a small thing both you did it would had meant a great deal for you.

But now it was way to late for that, Kris was in front of the apartment door, the one the two of you had shared for awhile now. “_______-ah…” He called softly, opening the door. But his response was silence and darkness since all of the lights were off. He sighed, he assumed you were asleep.

Either that or you were laying in bed wrapped up into a ball while eating way~ to much ice cream for it being ‘11:O3’ at night. He sighed closing the door behind as he came in, and he made his way to the bedroom. Only being meat by silence he assumed you were asleep, but when he opened the door you weren’t lying in bed.

He stared at the bed for a while confused, his eyebrows knitting together, his jaw slightly clenching. He walked into the room slowly looking at the bathroom, the lights were off and the door was opened, which meant you weren’t in there. Now he was worried. His scanned the room again, it was very tidy, way to tidy. But had dismissed that with a long sigh.

Going back into the kitchen, he grabbed a glass of and filled it with water. The corner of his eyes caught something white…. The envelope containing your letter. Kris set the glass down and went over to where the letter was placed.

The worry Kris had from earlier was gone momentarily, thinking this was just a note to explain were you were, but even so Kris knew you were mad. And on that he was wrong, you weren’t mad, you were disappointed in him. He grabbed it and opened…

But his mind wasn’t able to comprehend what your had written;

Dear Wu Fan,

We’ve had good times haven’t we? We’ve been through thick and thin together and the two of have always manage to get through together haven’t we? And I can honestly say; I love you, and I will always love. but ever since you debuted with EXO… We’ve been distance and you just haven’t been treating me the same; neh, I understand things were going to change once you debuted, but no whenever we go out I can’t even touch you or call you ‘Oppa’, and that’s the same even when we were at our apartment. It as if I didn’t exist in your life in the first place, and Kris as much as I love you, I can’t take this anymore. Honestly it feels like you don’t love anymore Kris, and tat made me fell terrible.

So I have to let you go, and I have to go and find something better for myself, just like you have with EXO-M. So to not delay this any longer Kris; Goodbye. Goodbye. Goodbye Wu Fan. I hope you have great career and an eve greeter life.

Wo Ai Ni,

~___ ______

 

He dropped it.

He was more alert at this moment, he bolted into the bedroom and opened your drawers.

Empty.

Your night stand.

Empty.

Your side of the closet.

Empty.

The bathroom were our toiletries were in.

Empty.

Your bookshelves.

Empty.

Every single thing he could come up with that had anything that belong to you, was empty, the only thing that was left that was remotely yours was the letter he had not let go of ever since he had finished reading it. But he could looked all he wanted but you were long gone. And he knew you were to. But he didn’t want to accept that and he wasn’t going to either.

He dialed your phone number “The number you have called is either out of service or disconnected. please try again later.” The voice said from the other end. He called about fifteen more times but all he got was the same voice recorded over.

“Aish~” He sighed. And called one last time.

But it was no use.

You were gone.


Thank you for reading!

~Rocky