Chapter Two

You, Your Love and The Best Friend

Flashback

You were just a normal university student and were waiting for your friends. You were waiting outside in the cold weather waiting anxiously. You didn't look up at the roof of the building where a man were holding a sniper ready to shoot you. The man was about to pull the trigger when he saw someone in a car pulling out a gun. 

The man left the roof and ran towards you. You were confused when the man pulled your hand and told you to be quiet as he brought you behind a thick wall.

"Wae? What's happening?" you asks

"You're in danger. Whatever you do stay here!" he said and left you someplace safe. The man ran back to the entrance and you were feeling your heart race. Confused you sat on the floor covering your eyes. Then you heard two gun shots before everything went silent 

You look back to the entrance and saw the man limping and injured. You helped him up but he fell down again. You held him up and brought him to the car. You ask where he lives but he was hesitant to tell you.

"YAH! Palli! Tell me where you live!" you said

"Aniya....I won't put you in danger." He said, opening the door of the car and crawled out. That was the last straw. 

"NO! You stay still! I'll bring you home and take care of you" You said, annoyed and drove off. You were mad because this person who just saved you won't let you take care of him.

As you arrived, you brought him in your apartment, put him on the couch. You quickly went to get the first aid kit and went back to him. He was groaning in pain as I treat his wounds.  By the time I was done, he was lying asleep. I checked his jacket and saw his phone. I went through the call list

"Onew" It says and you made the call. The friend, Onew answered immediately and  you told him

"Your friend is badly injured. He's at ______ with me" you told your address and about 10 minutes later you heard the doorbell.  You opened the door and saw a handsome man.

"Is Hongki here?" He asks and you nodded. 

"Deh...he's inside. Please, come in" you said

He went in and saw the sleeping friend on the couch. "How long have he been sleeping?" he asks

"For half an hour. I treated his wound. It's a bit deep" You told the man named Onew "Onew-sshi....."

"Call me Jinki...." he said

"Ah mian....Jinki-sshi. What does Hongki-sshi do? I-I heard a gunshot earlier" you told him

He sighed and looked at the sleeping friend. "He works is a bit complicated."

"Eh? How complicated?" You asks

Jinki look at you and said "He works as a trained killer."

You gasped and your eyes went wide with shock. You sat on a small chair and try to digest all the information. You look at the sleeping man "But he saved me...."

"Probably you were the target."

You were silent for a few minutes before saying "I-I don't know what to say" 

"Jaa...might as well I bring him home" Jinki said and you nodded. 

He carried the sleeping friend from the shoulders and soon out the door never to be seen or heard again.


"Omma....when does appa comes in and save you?" my daughter ask cutting me from the story.

"Wait okay. Be patient I'm just about to get there" I said with a slight smirk.