Chapter 2

Good Riddance.

 

They were walking on the street for a few minutes in awkward silence. Hmm…how to break the silence? Uhmmm… Oh! I should properly introduce myself! “Oh yeah, so I forgot to mention my name is Kris.” Kris put out his hand for Lay shake it.

Ignoring his hand Lay only said, “Uh huh, that’s nice.”

What? Did he even hear what I said? What kind of response is ‘Uh huh, that’s nice.’? How am I supposed to reply to that? Ugh, I’ll just say whatever comes to mind. “Thanks.”

“Uh huh.” Ughhhh………I guess he doesn’t want to talk.

 

It was 5 minutes of aimlessly walking when Lay finally asks, “By the way, where exactly are we going?”

“It’s a secret.” Kris said trying to be cool. But honestly he was panicking.

SHIIIIIIIT!!!!! I DIDN’T EVEN MAKE RESERVATIONS… KRIS YOU ARE THE BIGGEST RETARD IN THE UNIVERSE. YOU’RE TRYiNG TO APOLOGIZE TO A MAN BY TAKING HIM OUT TO DINNER AND YOU DON’T EVEN PICK A RESTAURANT. SO STUPID.

Lay thought about it for a second but just replied, “Alright.”

When Lay wasn’t looking Kris quickly took out his phone. He went to his search engine and typed in, ‘nice restaurants near current location’ multiple locations popped up. He looked at a few before spotting one he liked. Korean BBQ. Lay probably likes KBBQ right? What am I saying everyone likes it. Kris clicked on the page and found the directions.

Getting to the restaurant was a 10minute walk. Kris stopped in front of the restaurant but Lay didn’t realize and continued walking. What the hell? Is the absence of my presence really that unnoticeable to him? “YAH! LAY!” Lay turned around, he was confused.

“What?”

Kris sighed. “This is the restaurant”

“Oh.” Lay’s face turned slightly red from embarrassment. He looks so cute when he’s embarrassed. Wait. What? I mean stupid. He looks stupid.

As Lay passed Kris to walk into the restaurant he murmured “Sorry Kris, I kind of spaced out.”

He didn’t know why but this made Kris unbelievably happy. He knows my name!!!!! At this thought Kris unknowingly smiled.  

 

 

They were seated in a booth in the back and decided to sit across from each other.

 

After a few minutes of looking at the menu Kris knew what he wanted. Bored he stared at Lay. Lay was reading the menu like it was the most interesting thing in the world. I wonder what’s so interesting about the menu. Kris stared down at the menu and quickly read it. Yep. Not interesting.

Kris sighed and put the menu down. Maybe he just thinks that a menu is more interesting than me. Maybe I should try talking to him. “So Lay, do you know what you want to order?”

“Mhmm.”

Kris looked at Lay disappointedly. You’re supposed to say what you want…

 

They ordered their food and a few minutes later their orders came out. Kris and Lay were eating in an awkward silence for a few minutes. Kris couldn’t handle the awkwardness of their situation anymore. There was only one thing he could think of to lighten the mood. And so he called the waitress over.

“Huh?” Lay looked at Kris confusedly. He didn’t know why Kris had called the waitress over. They had a ton of food left and didn’t need any refills.

Kris smiled at Lay and continued, “Miss, can you bring us a bottle of soju?”

“Oh yes. Right away.” The waitress left and walked towards the kitchen.

“Why did you order soju?”

“Weeelll. We need to loosen up a little. You have to admit it’s been pretty awkward.”

Lay had a realization. He was practically ignoring Kris’s existence. With a smile he said, “Haha. I guess.”

Kris had a huge grin on his face. OH MY JESUS! HE SMILED! YES! I DID IT! I MADE HIM SMILE THAT GORGEOUS DIMPLED SMILE! Wait…What? Why am I so happy?

 

The waitress came back with the soju. Kris poured the shot glasses and they each took a shot. When the alcohol took effect they started loosening up.

 

“Haha. I’m actually having fun!” Lay stated with a smile.

“Haha. Did you think that it was going to be boring?” Kris questioned.

Lay looked down. “Well no. Actually I thought you were going to be a douche. You know like earlier.” He admitted.

Oh I never explained the situation. “About that, I’m sorry. My girlfriend broke up with me. And yeah, I was pissed off. We dated for like 10 months and she broke up with me for no reason.”

Lay’s face went into a frown as he heard this. “Oh. Girlfriend” He mumbled and took a shot.

What’s with this tense energy again? Did I say something wrong? How can I lighten the mood? Another shot?

“Want to take another shot?” Kris said as he poured the soju into the shot glasses.

Lay stared down at the now full glass. “Well since you already poured it I guess I have to.” He took the shot without hesitation. Kris did as well.

 

They continued eating and taking shots. The conversation becoming more and more comfortable and a slightly more slurred by each shot.

An hour passed, Lay had taken 7 more shots while Kris only took 3 more. Kris was only slightly buzzed while Lay was drunk off his . He was laughing at absolutely everything. Kris thought it was really amusing.

I really love that laugh. It’s so cute. Wait. What? I think Lay’s laugh is cute? What? I mean yeah but what’s with my heart? It’s like beating all extra fast. It’s like wanting to see him smile and laugh more. I know it’s probably just the alcohol. Yes that’s it. The alcohol.

As Kris snapped back to reality he noticed Lay staring at something. Puzzled, Kris asked, “Wut are you lookin at?”

“Yeeeeewwww.”(You) Lay said his words extremely slurred.     

That’s weird. “Haw come?”

Lay laughed liked that was the funniest question in the world. “Yuuur sopar guud lurking.” (You're super good looking)

“Huh?”

Again Lay burst out into laughter. “Hurhurhur, yo su funnar.”(Haha. you're so funny.) Still laughing he got up and sat next to Kris and wrapped his arm around Kris’s waist. This confused Kris even further. Why did he put his arm around my waist? I know, it’s the alcohol.

“Lay, yar really drunk.”

“Hurhur. Taek ma hurm tan.”(Haha. Take me home then.)

“I dun know where ya live.”

“Jass taek ma tu yo haus.”(Just take me to your house) With that Lay began to walk, well more like stumble, toward the door.

After quickly paying the check Kris followed Lay out the door.

 

The cab ride to Kris’s house was a weird one. Lay decided to sit on Kris’s lap for the whole ride. Why is he sitting on my lap? I mean there’s an empty seat right there. Well I guess he’s just a clingy drunk? Whatever, I actually like this arrangement.