:-)

Don't Fall In Love

 

Today, Taemin and I went up to the roof to watch the sun rise since we couldn’t get back to sleep anymore. My heart was fluttering, and it was definitely happy. It’s been a while since I felt this way on my birthday.

 

“It’s really beautiful isn’t it?”

 

Taemin nodded and just looked at me.

 

I looked down and stared at my bare feet. I should probably tell him now, but then again I think he already knows. But still! Ugh, I should still tell him, right?

 

“Hey Taemin?”

 

He looked up at the sun again. “Yeah?”

 

“Thanks for being so sweet to me all the time. And I really am thankful to you for always worrying and caring about me. I just want to tell you that… that-“

 

He suddenly came closer to me and kissed my red cheek. My heart started pounding against my chest real fast, and boy it hurt so much. “I-I like you.”

 

He smiled and leaned in forward, his lips now against mine. My heart just couldn’t calm down for a second. The feeling of his lips on mine was just wonderful.

 

The sun was now high up in the sky. Another new day. Well, today is my birthday. And today, I just had my first kiss.

 


 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!”

I blew the candle on the delicious looking cake Minwoo and Cho Hee brought in.

 

“Here you go Heejin, happy birthday!” Cho Hee handed me a gift.

 

“Hey, my gift for you is also inside alright?” Minwoo said with his mouth still full of cake.

 

I chuckled. “Thanks guys!”

Mom threw this mini birthday party for me. Yes, by 'mini' I mean there are only three guests since I don't really like big parties. But this party was so much fun and on top of that, the food's great. 

 

“Okay everyone, the four of you gather up and I’m going to take a picture.”

Mom held up a camera.

 

Minwoo pulled me to the living room and quickly posed as Taemin and Cho Hee followed.

“Camera .”

 

Taemin snickered at what Cho Hee said. We all gathered in the living room and posed as my mom took lots of pictures of us. But most of the pictures were Minwoo’s. Yup, he’s definitely a camwhore.

 

“Minwoo get out of there now and it’s time to take a picture of Taemin and Heejin!” Cho Hee pulled Minwoo away from the living room. 

"Yah yah alright let go of me you're hurting my arm!"

 

“Alright now you two, pose!”

 

I laughed as Taemin held my hand and we both smiled for the camera.

 

“Oh, this picture is nice! Heejin you should post this on your wall!” mom said as she stared at the picture.

 

I swear my face turned really red.

“Hey Heejin, let’s go somewhere.”

 

I looked up at Taemin’s smiling face and quickly nodded.

“Mom, we’ll just go out for a while okay?”

 

She smiled widely. “Okay honey, go and have fun.”

 

“Bye guys! Be back before lunch and let’s hang out!” Minwoo shouted.

 

Taemin and I nodded and we started walking towards the park. I walked behind Taemin and just stared at his back. I couldn’t help but blush now that it’s just me and him. I really like him now. The feeling of loving someone and being loved back is just so wonderful.

 

I bit my lip and reached for his hand. I held it tightly as I walked closer beside him. He looked down at me and chuckled.

 

He let go of my hand and placed his arm around my shoulders.

“I can’t believe it.” He whispered.

 

“What?”

 

“I can’t believe you’re really mine now.”

 

I bit my lip to control myself from squealing. He really said that!

I laughed and punched his arm playfully. “Well, you gotta believe that this is all real.”

 

 

Taemin. He’s the guy who always worried about me. The one who cared the most for me. The one who was always there for me. The sweetest guy in the world.

The guy who never gave up on me.

 

I should’ve noticed all of these things about him earlier. But at that time, I was still the coward girl he knew. But he taught me a lot of things. He showed me wonderful things.

 

He’s the best guy I have ever met.

 

And well, I’m not going to lie anymore. I really love this guy. 

I love Taemin. :-)