"Anything for you"

Don't Fall In Love

 

“Heejin…”

 

W-what?

I slowly opened my eyes only to be faced by a familiar looking boy. Taemin.

His eyes full of worry stared at mine for quite a while. And as I stared, I felt his strong arms wrapped around my body. I felt comfortable, and safe.

 

“Taemin-ah”

I spoke. And I wondered why the heck my voice sounded so raspy.

 

“What happened to you?” he asked.

I gave him a puzzled look, and that’s when he pointed at my cheek which suddenly stung. I winced at the pain and placed a hand on my cheek.

 

Then I remembered. My dad came. I started feeling angry again, but I tried to calm down and just forget about what happened. He isn’t here anymore, that’s what matters right now. Taemin is here with me. I’m going to be safe.

 

I felt my eyes sting, and felt them get pooled by salty tears. In a matter of seconds, they flowed down my cheeks. I wiped them hurriedly and tried to ignore the mixed up feelings inside of me.

 

It was so confusing. I didn’t know why I was crying. I felt happy, but at the same time felt painful. I couldn’t explain it, but it just made me cry.

 

I felt his thumb on my skin and wiped my tears away. And then I felt like crying again. These sweet little things he does to me bring me so much joy that I just really want to cry my eyes out.

 

“Calm down now. It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me.”

He smiled at me.

 

I breathe in deeply and calmed myself and decided to tell him what happened.

“My father came in and asked for money. He was drunk and since I hated him so much, I did everything just to get him out of the house but then, he slapped me.”

 

Taemin’s face instantly turned red with anger. That just proves how much he cares for me, and it’s funny how I just felt happy by seeing him angry like this because he simply cared for me. “I swear once I find him, I am going to give him a punch that’ll kill him-“

 

“Yah, don’t worry about it. He’s gone now so just let it go.” I smiled up at him, and his face then turned softer.

 

We were both silent for a while, and I just lay my head on his chest with his arms still wrapped around me. The feeling was so good and I just wanted to stay in that position with him forever. I looked around us and found that I was now in my bedroom and we were both on the bed. I looked up at the ceiling, feeling a bit embarrassed. I then looked up at the clock to check the time. 2:33am.

 

My eyes widened in shock. It was already two in the morning?!

 

“Your mom and I both got here at the same time and we just saw you lying on the floor with a red cheek. Well, I applied ice to it and I was surprised that you didn’t wake up. You are such a heavy sleeper,” he chuckled, which made me pout.

 

“At first your mom was mad as hell and wanted to know who did this to you and she was about to wake you up and probably call the police or something but I stopped her since I didn’t want you to wake up yet. So I told her that I was going to take care of you and I made her go to bed since she was too stressed out already.” He finished off with a warm smile.

 

“So, you just stayed up all night and watched me sleep?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Idiot.”

 

I buried my face in his chest to hide my blushing cheeks. But then again he probably knew I was blushing since he started laughing.

 

After a while I felt him burry his face in my hair, then started talking again. “I’m so sorry I made you go home without me. I should’ve gone with you, I’m so sorry. But I had a reason to stay behind at the mall.”

 

I nodded and moved a little to the side so that I can hear his heartbeat. “It’s okay. Don’t worry.”

 

I pulled away from him and sat up from the bed. “So what was your reason for staying behind at the mall?”

 

He smiled at me before standing up and getting something from a plastic bag. He turned around with his hands in his back. I frowned and stood up as well, curious to know what he was hiding.

 

“Just show me already!”

 

He finally showed me the thing he just hid. And what lied on the palms of his hands made me gasp.

 

“Since it’s already morning, well, Happy Birthday.”

 

I bit my lip to control my tears and I stepped forward and grab hold of the music box. The music box which I liked so much just the first time I looked at it in the shop.

 

"What are you both looking at?"

Taemin pushed himself in between me and Minwoo.

Again, I pointed at the little music box. Taemin looked, then turned to me

and smirked.

 

"Heejin is still as childish as ever…" He let out a small laugh.

"Aish, say whatever you want to say. I don't care…"

 

I looked up at him. “Taemin-ah…”

 

He placed a hand on the back of his neck, looking shy as ever. He was too sweet, and I swear I was about to cry right then and there. I knew the music box was a little expensive and it was just so sweet of him to spend such an amount of money just for me. I let a few tears escape and then I just controlled myself. Damn, I am such a cry baby.

 

I opened the music box and just stopped and listened for a while.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ebyBsrPv8)

The melody was pretty. Too pretty, in fact. It made me feel warm and good, and I could just really listen to it and never get tired of the tune.

 

As the song ended, I smiled brightly and hugged him tight. “Thank you Taemin. This is the best birthday present ever.”

 

He smiled and kissed my head, which sent butterflies in my stomach. “Anything for you.”

 

I gripped on the music box tightly. It was the one thing I was definitely going to treasure for a long time.


o.o