2

Even until the end....

Sandeul's debut day neared.

He was practicing day and night, nonstop.

Suddenly, Jinyoung said, "Sandeul, your parents are here."

He stopped dancing and headed to the door.

He smiled seeing his parents, who he hadn't seen over a year.

Wiping away his sweat, he cheerfully said, "Hi umma! Hi appa!"

But they didn't smile back like they used to, instead, they looked very gloomy.

Worried, he asked, "What's wrong?"

Without another word, his mom handed him the letter she was holding in her hand and began to cry.

Confused, he looked at his dad.

But all he said was, "Read it son." and he carefully opened it.

His eyes scanned through the letter and his heart stopped at the phrase, "I'll be gone by the time you read this but please don't forget me."

He felt himself loosing balance.

He stuttured, "D...dad.... W...What's t...this?"

His dad didn't meet his son's gaze and said, "I'm sorry son."

He yelled, "SORRY FOR WHAT?!"

His mom replied in between sobs, "Soojung's dead. She killed herself over a month ago."

His heart stopped.

He said, "W...what?"

His mom said, "Soojung killed herself by jumping off the school's rooftop."

Sandeul's knee dropped to the floor.

He said in a low voice, "It can't be... Soojung's can't be dead. Mom, your lying."

But his dad retorted, "Sorry son, but it's the truth."

He yelled, "AND HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THIS NOW?"

His dad said, "Son, you came up from Busan to be a singer and nothing stopped you."

He yelled back, "BUT MY BEST FRIEND'S DEAD BECAUSE OF ME! HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO BE A SINGER WHEN MY CLOSEST FRIEND ENDED HER LIFE?!"

s, hearing him shout ran over and said, "Hey, don't yell at your parents."

But he continued, "AS MUCH AS SHE LOVED ME, I LOVED HER TOO AND HOW CAN YOU NOT EVEN BOTHER TO TELL ME?!"

His mom said, "Sorry..."

Sandeul was devastated.

I was gone even without him knowing about it.

He got up to leave, but CNU grabbed his wrist and questioned, "Where are you going?"

He glared at his hyung and said, "Let go. I'm going to Incheon to see my friend."

CNU tried to argue, "You can't you hav-"

But Sandeul cut him off, yelling, "HOW CAN I PRACTICE WHEN MY BEST FRIEND'S DEAD? GIVE ME A BREAK." and he stormed out.

His dad just nodded and with his wife, they chased after their son.

Sandeul quickly drove up to Incheon and halted in front of your house.

He knocked on the door and my mom opened the door.

She looked up to see him and weakly said, "Sandeul-ah..."

He bowed 90 degrees and said, "Mother...."

She said, "Are you here to see my daughter? I'm sorry but she died-" and she couldn't continue.

He bowed again and said, "No. I knew that. I'm here to apologize. Your daughter killed herself because I left her. I'm sincerely sorry mother."

She wiped away her tears and said, "No, you didn't. She eplained herself to us. We forgive you. Our daughter's life, you fullfilled it with joy." and she embraced him.

He couldn't help but cry in her arms.

He bowed and said, "I would like to visit her." and she told him the direction and he left.

---

When he got there, his eyes were already watery.

He didn't know what to do or say to me.

Instead, he only stood there and looked at my face in the picture.

He said to himseld, *Soojung, I'll always remember you as my best friend and my girlfriend.* and tears rolled down his cheek.

After the visit, he wasn't the same bubbly Sandeul anymore.

He became distant, unhappy, and sad.

His debut came and on every debut stage, he only put on a fake smile.

He messed up on rehearsals and couldn't focus. He couldn't sleep or do anything.

Whenever he went out on a variety show, he never smiled nor talked.

He only read my letters countless times and cried everytime.

He always teared up reading, "I'll miss you when I'm gone, but remember, I'll always love you. And keep that smile that I love and adore on your face, ok?"

He thought to himself *Soojung, how am I suppose to smile or even laugh when your gone? Your the reason why I laughed and smiled. But now with the reason gone, I just can't.*

s grew worriesome everyday but couldn't do anything to ease his pain.

As days went by, Sandeul didn't smile and onle put on a fake smile on live stages.

From that point on, only my last words to him and broken pieces of our memory remained in him.....

-----

THE END!

Comment and subscribe!

Please tell me how it was because this was my first time.

Good response- I'll continue writing two or one-shots for my readers.

Bad response- I'll never do that again.

Love you readers! BUH-BYE! :D