1

Even until the end....

6 years of our friendship just ended like that.

He just left in a blink of an eyes, my best friend.

I still remember the day when he walked in through the door with my teacher, Ms. Han.

She cheerfully said, "Class! Say hi to Junghwan, he came from Busan."

Everyone just waved and went back to talking.

Ms.Han told him, "Go sit next to Soojung. She'll be your new partner."

He sat down and waved at me with a smile. He said, "Hi. Nice to meet you."

Your heart fluttered at his smile and you awkwardly said, "Uhm, yeah, hi."

Eventually, as time elapsed, we became best friends.

Then, high school began and we noe became seniors at Incheon Arts High School.

He always told me his future dream was to be a singer and appear on TV.

I just encouraged him as a best friend.

Then, one day, he came to school with a HUGE smile.

He hollered, "YES! I got in!"

Confused, I asked, "Deul-ah, what are you saying?"

He held my hand and said, "I auditioned for WM Entertainment and I'm now an official trainee." and he continued to yell happily.

My shoulders deflated as you weakly said, "Oh...."

I was happy for him, since now he could fullfill his dream, but I was also sad because that meant I wouldn't be his best friend anymore and he'd have to leave.

Eventually, the worst came and he left my side.

My one-sided love left my side forever.

Soon, it became hard for me to focus at school or do anything at home.

I was depressed without a cheerful best friend next to me.

I cried myself to sleep everyday, and I didn't eat properly anymore. It seemed as if I lost all my interest in life.

Weeks passed, but still, everything remained the same way.

Sandeul never visited me and I was becoming overwhelmed to handle my own feeling.

Then, I came to a decision, to end my own life.

In that very night, I wrote 2 letters- one addressed to my parents and one to Sandeul.

I couldn't stop myself from crying while I was writing.

Tears damped the paper and smudged the letters but I continued to write.

Soon, I finished and sealed the letter and hid it so they can find it later.

I dressed in the prettiest clothes and when midnight came, I quietly headed towards the school's roof.

Countless times, I thought abou how everyone would feel if I was dead, but none of it mattered to me anymore.

I was on the tip of the roof and looked down, then I looked up and smiled and said, "Soohyun oppa. I'm coming." and with a last smile, I jumped.

SPLAT.

I was dead within seconds. Blood stained the cement floor and my body began to grow cold as the wind blew.

NEXT MORNING.

Students began to come in at 6 AM, and a few of them found me dead on the floor.

They yelled and started crying.

They immediately called an ambulance and cleaned me up.

Ms. Chung, the principal called my parents to inform them of the sad news.

My mom fainted at the news and my dad totally lost it.

Just a year ago, they lost my brother when him and I were coming back to Incheon from Busan, and my mom lost my twin sister at birth because she didn't get enough of oxygen, and now they lost me, their only child who was left.

My mom couldn't stop crying and my dad was at a loss of words.

Everyone at school knew this, all except Sandeul, who was busy training at Seoul.

After a few days, my funeral was held.

Everyone was crying as my body was buried.

My mom didn't have any strength to cry anymore and just looked out into space. My dad was also the same.

He couldn't even concentrate on his job anymore.

Sandeul's parents came by and gave their condolences.

Sandeul's mom bowed and said, "Soojung, I'm sorry." and they left.

FEW MONTHS LATER.

There was still no change at my house.

My mom was on medication because she wasn't eating properly and my dad began drinking to kill his pain.

And it came time to clean out my room.

Tiredly, my parents were cleaning until my mom found 2 envelopes- one addressed to them and one to Sandeul inside my desk drawer.

Curious, she only opened the letter addressed to her and she began to cry.

My dad came in and asked, "Wht is it honey?"

She weakly handed him the letter with shaking hands and continued to cry, covering her face,

My dad also began to tear up as he read my last letter addressed to them.

They didn't open Sandeul's letter and gave it to his parents.

My last letter to them left a deep wound, guilt.

But in the end, they cleaned my stuff up but didn't stop crying.

Sandeul's parents secretly read the letter given by your parents.

When they read it, they were speechless because this was a last letter addressed to their son.

His mom said, "I'm going to go give it to him right now.... He has to read this. He doesn't even know his best friend died."

His dad nodded and they left together.

His mom clenched onto the letter and thought *Son, I'm so sorry....*

And they headed towards Seoul as fast as their car would take them.