2

A Small Village Called Memory

The year 1993. 21 year old Lee Myunghee gave up her acting career and went into hiding. Fans stood in front of broadcast stations, crying and screaming, begging for Myunghee to come back. But no one ever saw hide nor hair of her.

As time flowed, people eventually forgot about her. And like that, it wasn't until 18 long years later that "Lee Byunghun, actress Lee Myunghee's son" debuted that people finally realized the truth. However, because it had been nearly two decades, no one cared to dig into her personal life and what happened in 1993.

 



-

 




「What do you mean you want to cancel your contract?」

「Exactly what it sounds like」

「Did you get a better offer from a different company?」

「No」



Andy didn't know how to reply to Byunghun's sudden desire to quit. It was true that the company had very little to do with Byunghun's scheduling and promotions, as that was all manager Niel's job. But how did he plan to produce physical albums and shoot music videos? Was he going to upload something to Youtube and be satisfied with that?



「Then what, are you planning on giving up your singing career?」

「Yes. Why? Can't I?」


Andy couldn't believe his ears. Byunghun's image had become tainted because of recent rumors, but sales numbers didn't show this; his albums still were Billboard Chart toppers.
Forget about the popularity and the money, what Andy couldn't believe was that Byunghun was planning to quit his singing career entirely. He knew that Byunghun wasn't someone who could live without music. He was someone born to do this. But to quit it so easily?


「What's going on? Why, all of a sudden?」

「I'm just tired of it.」

「Of what」

「Of everything」

 

 



-
 

 

 


"Haa…."

A heavy sigh filled the room.

6AM. Niel woke up at the sound of his phone alarm.
It was the first time he had dreamed of Byunghun since he had left. But of all the ways to see him again, it had to have been the day in the offices.

Every time Niel thought about the few days before the incident, he felt suffocated. Byunghun had drunk bottles after bottles of alcohol every day, didn't eat properly, and almost stopped talking entirely.
Like a person running towards the end.

"Haa……."

Niel let out a longer sigh. Another day starting off like this.