1

A Small Village Called Memory

One lone figure stood swaying in the cold autumn breeze, looking out into sea. Dark grey clouds loomed threateningly over the bare beach.

Dried leaves rustled in the wind. Niel slowly looked toward his right. Lifeless eyes.
A small, sad smile touched upon his lips.
People may laugh and mock, but he believed that Byunghun was here.

"What's it like there..?"

The wind carried his words away.

And silence.

 

 




-


"I guess things like that happen to even guys like Lee Byunghun," one student was saying.

"Was he really as great as people say.." another replied.

"Don't pretend you don't know. Loved by the entire country, multi-billionaire, chart-topper, handsome, talented…He had everything! But you know what's weird?"

"What?"

"Around two years after his debut, it's like he became an entirely different person. All the songs he put out after that were sad, and it was like he lost the ability to smile. He stopped doing interviews and going on shows. And as a fan myself, I didn't see any news on him other that 'Lee Byunghun has put out a new album.'"

"Wow..."

"Yeah…There were even rumors that it wasn't even Lee Byunghun and that it was his twin, because he was so different! Same appearance, completely different personality. So some people are saying that Lee Byunghun is still alive."

"Do you know why he changed so suddenly?"

"No one really knows. I mean, of course, his albums still were bestsellers, but still. It was really odd… My favorite song by him is actually one from this period. It's called 'The Silver Moon's Love Song.' You should listen to it, it's really sweet but so, so sad… I heard it was written for the love he had to keep secret."

-

 

 

 


The Silver Moon's Love Song

Once again I'm following the trail your tears left..
In the darkness, I can hear you..
But, as ever, I can't come close..
My delicate flower, withstanding the storm by yourself
When another day passes, you'll be further away
The place I am at is a cold and painful place
That's why I couldn't take you with me
Once again I can only follow the trail your tears left behind..

          By. Lee Byunghun