Chapter 2

Pathetic

 

It’s a long drive for him, his mind was so occupied by her that he felt thankful he didn’t cause any scene on the way to her place. Sooyoung wouldn’t like it if he’s late, right ?

 

He chuckled at the thought. How pathetic of him hoping that she’d nag at him for being late when all she did was putting on her sweet smile.

 

Sooyoung’s on the 9th floor, VIP room. He always wanted the best for her, so he chose her the luxurious and private VIP room.

 

Changmin’s mind went on to reminisce memories with her. After all, she’s still, forever, and always his princess.

 

“Which ring do you want ?”

 

“Huh ?” She looked up at him, he was smiling at his girlfriend.

 

“Which ring do you want ? Ah, I think this looks good on you.” Changmin pointed at one of the ring that was displayed.

 

“Isn’t this a bit expensive...” Sooyoung whispered at him, urging to leave.

 

“Just say which one that you like. Come on, or maybe you want me to choose it for you ?”

 

She shook her head. “No. This is too-“

 

Her words got cut off when he suddenly entered the jewelry shop. “Good evening, Sir. May I help you ?”

 

“Yes. May I take a look at the ring that’s displayed in the front ?”

 

“Sure. Please wait a minute.” Then the man from the shop went to take the rings out.

 

“Darling, this is-“

 

“Sshh, don’t worry. You know that I won’t do things without any reason, right ?” She nodded. “You know it, so now please be patient, okay ?” He pecked her lips before turning his head to the jewelry man.

 

“Here’s the ring, Sir.”

 

Changmin put the ring on Sooyoung’s finger. “See, it becomes much more shining and awesome if it stays on your finger ! How about this in my finger’s size ?”

 

“This one’s in your size.” The man offered a ring with the same model but with a bigger diameter. He put on the ring on his finger then pulled her hand softly to compare the two silvers.

 

“Looks cool, huh ? Hmm ? Do you like it ?” He turned to see her and she was smiling while holding his fingers tightly.  Didn’t need the answer to his question then.

 

I’ll take these.”

 

“Do you want to pay with cash or credit card, Sir ?”

 

“Cash.” Then he pulled out his wallet to take amounts of money that she never thoughts they’d be there.

 

“Thanks for shopping in our shop. Have a nice evening, Sir.” He only bowed a little to the man’s words then got out of the shop while intertwining their fingers.

 

“Honey, I don’t know that you have such amount of money.”

 

His lips curved downwards. “Are you looking down on me ?”

 

Sooyoung frowned. “No ! I mean, it’s just rare for you to buy me something like this. You don’t have to, I still love you.” She was blushing and buried her face in his chest.

 

Changmin grinned widely. “I love you too ! Ah, let’s go home.”

 

“But we haven’t had dinner yet.”

 

“We’ll have a homemade dinner.”

 

She stopped walking and looked at him. “Who’ll cook ? Don’t say that you’ll ask me to cook on our date. Again.”

 

Changmin smiled sheepishly and held her hand. “You know the answer, hehehe. Come on, your food is the best !”

 

After a few minutes of staring battle, she decided to follow what he said. “Alright ! But later when we do THAT tonight...” His eyes lit up when he heard her. ‘It’ll be fun.’ He thought. “...I’ll be the dominant one and you’ll obey me.”

 

“What ?! But you’re on top last night ! Baby...” He whined.

 

Take that or you’ll call McDonald’s for dinner.”

 

Knew that he had just lose to his girlfriend, he agreed to the deal. “Okay, you win~” Changmin put her hand on his pocket and bent down to kiss her cheek.

 

When they arrived at the apartment, he immediately put the rings aside and be all ready to help her cooking.

 

“So I put this now ?”

 

“Later. You can wash the veggies first.”

 

“Ah, I gave up cooking already.”

 

Sooyoung smiled at her boyfriend and put off his apron. “Then why don’t you watch TV while waiting for me ?”

 

“Is it okay ? I mean, I can help, you know.”

 

That’s okay. Now go watch that football match and tell me the result later.” She kissed his cheek and pushed him softly from the kitchen.

 

“Food’s ready !”

 

“It smells really nice.”

 

Sooyoung grinned. “Of course. It’s my mom’s secret recipe. She got it from my grandma.”

 

“And you’re going to tell the secret to our daughter later ?”

 

“I will.”

 

Changmin smiled and reached for her hand. “Let’s dig the food !”

 

After a nice (extra size) dinner, the two people chatted for a bit. “We’ve had dinner. Now, care to explain the rings ?”

 

He slapped his forehead. “Yes. Wait.” Then he disappeared to pick the rings.

 

Sooyoung was playing with the fork when she felt someone standing beside her.

 

“What are you-“

 

“Marry me.”

 

She blinked, trying to digest his words. “What ?”

 

“Marry me. Be happy with me. Be the mom of my kids. Be the first that I see in the morning and the last before I go to bed. Marry me. And oh, I’ve been saving up to buy the rings. You still need to marry me.”

 

Sooyoung reached for his face, he was now kneeling in front of her. She looked down and saw the rings.

 

“You’re very demanding.” She said softly.

 

I need you to marry me. I don’t have and I don’t give any other choices.”

 

She leaned to give him a peck on the lips. “It’s a yes. Always yes.”

 

Changmin’s hands were trembling when he put the ring to her finger. Her fingers were so small and feminine compared to his. Her soft fingers caressing his hand when she put the ring on his finger.

 

Changmin looked up to Sooyoung, she was crying. “I love you.” He kissed her tears away.

 

He looked down to see the same ring that he bought a year ago. She put it on his left fourth finger. But her ring now stayed on his pinky, he decided to wore it after she fell into that deep slumber.

 

Her door opened, then he closed it with much care. It’s not like she’s going to wake up, anyway. How pathetic, he’s hoping of her waking up when he came every night.

 

There she was, laying down peacefully. Her hair wasn’t tied up. Still, that smile stayed there. Changmin bent down to give her a kiss on the forehead.

 

“Hi, baby.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleeping Sooyoung has joined emo Changmin.