Ill

Save Me

Your POV

Many guys think I’m y and strong cause until 8 years ago I was the winner of many different competitions. That is no longer me now I just play my musical instruments. I can play the guitar, piano, violin, drums, and the harp. I use to sing but when I got sick I had surgery done on my vocal chords, along with a few organs.

I sit at my desk yet another admirer confesses to me, the dying princess. I turn the guy down with a straight face and harsh voice.

I look up to see Lay looking my way. I look down not wanting to meet his eyes. I don’t’ know how I could talk to him after pushing him away when I found out I was sick. He was once my best friend and now I can’t even look at him without my heart aching.

 

When I was, 12 I had found out I had a terminal disease with a name I can’t even remember properly.

The doctors didn’t know what to do for me.

They didn’t even know what was wrong with me really even with the name of it….

Slowly my organs started to shut down and nodes appeared on my vocal chords. They gave me five years to live, if I was lucky.

I pushed everyone away because I was scared. I pushed my friends, even Lay, and my family. Lay tried his hardest to stay by my side. Still after three years he stopped trying even though he worked hard to protect me and help me.

Before the fifth year they had found a treatment that was supposed to treat my illness and prolong my life. They said that the tests showed that the disease would be rid of because of the medicine that they gave me. I only agreed to go along with it because my family had their hopes up.

It’s been three years since then.

At the university I’m studying to become a pediatrician, but also a medical researcher. I chose this occupation not just because I love kids and want to help them but because of the doctors that gave me hope and a longer life. Even if I die tomorrow, I will still be thankful for them.

The end of the day bell rings and I sigh in relief grabbing my blocky glasses and slipping them back on my face since I took a nap again.

Lay walks over to me frowning, “you shouldn’t’ sleep in class. You want to be able to help people.”

Everyone stopped cause Lay spoke to me but mostly because he spoke.

“I push my hair from my face, “Oh.”

“I see you picked up a habit of not really talking.”

I clench my fists, “ah when was the last time you talked to me as much as you have today.”

He smirks but before he can say his comeback Luhan and Kris walk in.

“Mei, it’s nice to see you,” Luhan hugs me and Kris simply nods keeping his distance.

I push him away from me and glare at him, “Don’t touch me.”

He looks hurt but I ignore it not wanting to feel bad.

I walk out of the classroom with my bag.

I walk all the way home only to start a coughing fit. I pull my hand away from my mouth to see blood in my hand.

Time seems to stop as I see the blood. I clench my hand and use my other hand to pull out a water bottle and a few tissues. I pour some water on the tissues and clean the blood off my hand. After I do that I use the water as mouth wash to get the taste of blood out of my mouth.

Lay’s POV

“Today she had turned down yet another guy,” I tell the guys as we sit in my game room.

“What’s your point, Lay?”

“I don’t’ know do you think she’s still sick?”

“I don’t know Yixing,” Kris states calmly.

Luhan nods, “Yeah all we know she could already in love with someone.”

I feel like someone has stepped on my heart.

Its silent for a while until Tao says something, “Lay if she’s sick can’t you heal her. That is your gift?”

I stop and think. I hit my head, “No duh I can't believe I forgot about that, but I can’t even use my gift on something bigger than a flower.”

After a while everyone leaves.

I look at the time and realize that school had ended so I run to my window to see Mei passing my house. She stops and it looks like she starts coughing. She pulls her hand away from and I think I see sadness in her face from here. It looks like she cleans her hand that she used to cover . When she’s down with that she uses some water as mouth wash. I see a faint tint of pink in the water. Right away I know she’s still sick or just became ill again.

Your POV

I walk into the house to see my mom crying.

“Omma, what’s wrong?”

“Your doctor called he said to call him back as soon as possible.”

I nodded and called my doctor walking into the back yard in hope that my mother won’t hear the conversation.

“Dr. Lu you called earlier?”

“Yes I called to tell you that the blood tests that we took last week show that you are sick once again. I’m sorry this time it doesn’t seem like there’s nothing we can do but try the treatment again.”

I fall down onto the grass. I know I said I was ready to die if it happened I’d accept it, but to hear that its back. I just feel myself break down.

“Alright but is it still going to be painful?’

“Yes. You should call Juli and set up an apartment for the treatment as soon as possible before your organs start shutting down again.”

“Of course, thank you. Good bye.”

“Good-bye.”

I cried as I called Juli to set up an appointment right after I hang up on Dr. Lu.

I set up an appointment for the treatment tomorrow somehow.

I told her not to let my parents find out until after the treatments.

She agreed to it because she was friends with my mother and didn’t’ want to see her ruin herself over worrying too much since the treatment worked last time.

I wipe my tears and look in my phone to see my reflection. I make sure it doesn’t look like I cried. Before I walk back into the house to face my family.