Chapter Seven

Sin S(e)oul {discontinued}

 

 
Chapter 7


A shiver shot through Kibum's spine as his eyes slowly opened, only to be meet with the darkness that had been his companion for two days; or three? Kibum had lost the cognition of time completely: he didn't know where he was or why he was there. He knew, however, that he was in a cell, and how he had got there. How those guys had taken him by force at the gambling club and despite Kibum's attempt to get free from their grip, they had successfully managed to dash him in a car and Kibum had no way to escape.

He remembered what he was doing before those men appeared. Oh he remembered very well of how Jonghyun was completely consumed with his ual activities with Jessica and how he hadn't been aware for several minutes of Kibum witnessing it all. He had also heard that calling him a kid followed by her annoying laugh. It must have been so satisfying for Jessica to be ed by Jonghyun with the exclusive presence of Kibum, who instead had been dying inside. He hadn't been jealous, not really. He was disappointed. All the things Jonghyun had said to him, about Kibum being the most important person to him, were all lies.

Thinking about the incident again caused Kibum's eyes to became lucid. He was almost on the verge of--for the umpteenth time--crying. He had also saw it how the whole building blew up right in front of his eyes. And the comments of the men in the car with Kibum made his stomach revolt. "That son-of-a- died like he deserved", they said. Kibum then knew they were talking about Jonghyun because the man next to him had smirked at him, his eyes full of satisfaction. It was the kind of look men have when they have successfully done their job right and are expecting a high compensation for it.

Kibum couldn't contain his tears and his wailing anymore. "I hate you Jjong! I hate you so ing much!" he yelled. His words echoed in the cell but he got accustomed to it already after hours of being locked inside without seeing much sunlight. As his words were thrown back by the space around him, they also echoed in his heart. Yes, he hated Jjong because he was an , he was a liar and he couldn't make it up to Kibum because his body had exploded into a million pieces. Because he was dead he couldn't ask for Kibum's forgiveness. Kibum didn't know where he was, didn't know what was going to happen to him. But none of this worried him. Jonghyun wouldn't be there to save him, that was what he worried him.

His tears didn't stop flowing for minutes and Kibum didn't try to stop them. He hadn't cried when he found out that Jonghyun was dead only because he had been hit on the head by some heavy metallic object (a gun?), fainting immediately. The first time he woke up in that cell, he had been too miserable to cry. They almost made him starve before someone decided to let him eat by giving him some leftovers of kimchi soup. As soon as the food slid down his throat, however, his stomach revolted and he vomited it all.

Perhaps he didn't throw up only his food at that time but his soul as well.

He had been taken out of his cell some time later, his never-ending tears finally stopping. His eyes had had some hard time adjusting to the light he hadn't seen in days and he kept them closed because it was so painful and his head hurt. He also had no idea of where he was going, the two men ending up dragging him into a bathroom and they left him there, locking the door. Kibum could finally see something but his eyes still burnt so he tried to take things slowly.

The bathroom was utterly clean and sweet-scented. For a moment, Kibum thought he was back in his house, where the maids always kept everything so clean and tidy and they were always around him asking him if he needed something. He had hated all that attention, if he had needed something they were the last people he wanted help from. They all looked so kind and generous but behind Kibum's back they all acted like es. Despite Kibum hating them so much, the maids of his house were the only thing he wanted to see appear before that door, so that Kibum would know everything was just a joke, or a nightmare.

To Kibum's surprise some maids appeared but he soon realized that they weren't the women that worked in his house. There were two of them, that disgusting fake smile planted on their faces, something Kibum learnt was so typical of every kind of insensitive maids. "Oh look at that, you don't smell that good you know?" they had commented and Kibum wanted to laugh at their faces. Of course I don't smell like a celebrity, I've been in a ing cell for who knows how long! He refrained from saying it aloud though, he had better behave if he didn't want to end his life before finding out about his whole situation.

The maids had stripped him as if he was a doll and Kibum realized he felt sore all over his body, he also felt weak and dirty. Not in a million years Kibum would imagine being kidnapped by some kind of freaks who had blown up a place and had smirked when they found out Jonghyun was inside among many other people. At least Jessica got what she deserved. He was now relaxing in a bathtub full of hot water and scented bubbles. One of the women was shampooing and massaging his hair, oh so slowly, that he almost fell asleep if it wasn't for the other maid who had started talking to him. "You look pretty, have you been in the cell?" Kibum looked at her surprised, so they didn't know about him? He guessed maids weren't allowed to ask, only to work. Kibum nodded but he didn't reply, he didn't want to talk to any of those people until he knew he could trust someone.

As soon as he was out of the bathtub the maids dried him with a soft bath towel and they gave him some clean clothes. What's this supposed to mean?! Kibum's eyes went wide when he discovered his clothes were similar (the male version) of the clothes the maids were wearing. The maids urged him to put on his clothes and Kibum complied, still utterly confused. He was rushed outside and was lead to what looked like an office. Once inside, the maids urgently took their leave and Kibum was left alone with a man sitting on the desk, busy talking on the phone. He briefly looked up at Kibum but he continued his call for several minutes, as if Kibum wasn't there.

The blonde didn't know what else to think. He took his time to learn about his surroundings. He was in an office, a very professional one too, but it didn't look that out of the ordinary. The furniture seemed expensive though. Well if they have maids of course they own a big place with expensive furniture. Behind the sitting figure was a large window and Kibum realized it was probably late morning. He couldn't distinguish what was outside the window, but one thing was sure of, he wasn't in Seoul. There wasn't a single building from what he could see.

Finally the man stood up and Kibum realized his call was over. He was totally focussed on Kibum and so was Kibum on him. He had been scared in the cell but now he was more aware than scared. This man, though, he looked totally like the man in charge there. The man didn't talk to him for what seemed like an eternity, but when he did, Kibum was startled. "What's your name?" he asked. "What?" was Kibum's reaction which luckily he didn't say out loud. His men had risked their lives in order to kidnap Kibum and to kill Jonghyun (or at least this is what Kibum thought) and this man didn't even know Kibum's name?

His train of thoughts were soon interrupted by a loud smack and his cheek suddenly burned. Kibum's eyes went wide, his head was turned to one side from the intensity of the slap he received. Kibum was scared now to look at the man's face. But eventually he did and there was rage all over his face. The slap wasn't the only thing Kibum received because he was thrown on the floor and then kicked by the man's polished shoe. "When I ask you a question," he started, now looking calmer, "I expect anyone who is under me to reply. What.is.your.name."

Kibum swallowed. Tears were threatening him again, he was so scared. But he couldn't find the power to reply now, which only made things worse. He was curled up on the floor while the man kept hitting him with his hard shoes, Kibum didn't even have the time to breath in between the kicks. The last thing he remembered was the man going back to his desk, calling up someone and telling them to "put this little in the kitchen."

And so to the kitchen he went. Still being dragged like a beast all around the corridors of that house, he was rushed inside, where a load of other maids, males and females, stopped working to look at the scene in front of them, of Kibum in pain on the floor trying desperately to get up. After some minutes, he was standing up, helped by a big man wearing a white cooking uniform. His expression wasn't really sympathetic, but he looked like he had done this so many times. "So you are the newcomer, I hope you won't try anything stupid. This is going to be your life from now on," he said simply as if he had prepared this talk for all newcomers he had encountered and would encounter in the future. Kibum said nothing, he was just trying to shut off his mind. But he thought of Jonghyun and he wondered if it was all his fault that Kibum was forced to be in such a place.

"Oh and welcome to the Thorn Crown family," the cooker said suddenly and Kibum wished he knew what he was talking about.

-----

Jinki's every step echoed in the long corridor of the second floor of his house leading to his father's office. The second floor of the house was almost entirely occupied by the corridor he was walking on and by the huge office belonging to his father. Jinki honestly didn't know why his father wanted to have a study as big as an enormous house floor. Maybe it was because he always loved big things, he claimed big and huge stuff boosted your ego and being egocentric played a big part in being a mafia boss. Jinki always thought it was the opposite but who was he to contradict his father anyway.

In the last years though, their family hadn't been doing so well. It was time for them to bring the Lee family name back to life and Jinki's job until now had been part of this great project his father had planned years ago. Jinki just wondered why it took him so long to actually carry it out. That was one of the questions that lingered in his head when he approached the office door. He knocked. Once, twice. He didn't wait for his father to reply because he would have stood there forever if he waited for it. Plus, he knew he was always allowed in his father's office, well, only when Mr. Lee was present in the room as well. Because when he wasn't, the room was always locked.

"Oh, Jinki! Welcome back," his father said, cheerfully. He was sure Jinki had carried out his job perfectly as always. "If you are here I take it everything went smoothly." This was one of his father's orders: never come back to the office if not to report your job was successful. And Jinki was always able to come back to his father's office, with the satisfaction that he had done any job his father asked him to do, successfully.

"Yes, father. They are now in the room they are going to stay in for next months," Jinki reported with a bow and his serious expression always in place. He was also confident he could convince them to not try to escape (which was impossible anyway) and to actually start working for their family. Obviously, they needed time to do that and although Jinki didn't really trust the both of them, his father did and the man could never be wrong. It was his father after all, the head of their big family.

"I expect you to tell them everything they need to know. Do not exclude any relevant issues and do not tell them about things that don't concern them yet." The order was clear: just tell them something to make them trust you. Jinki nodded immediately, more than convinced he could do it without any problems. Although he still preferred the first part of his job. Talking to people who weren't relevant to him pissed him off to no end. And Kim Jonghyun and Choi Minho were totally insignificant to him.

"Yes, father," he said but his sentence wasn't over. "Is there any particular thing you'd like me to say to them?" he asked, unsure if he should have. It's not like he wanted his father to dictate everything he should tell them but he still didn't know what those two were going to do for their family from now on.

"Just tell them what I told you months ago." Jinki mentally sighed; if that was the only reply Mr. Lee was going to give him, it was useless to keep asking. The thing is, Jinki wasn't happy at all about his father's words a few months ago. There was no way he was going to work with Kim Jonghyun as his assistant (the kind way to say bodyguard), and he found it ridiculous that his father had wanted to appoint Choi Minho as his personal 'job' man. Choi Minho, who wasn't even able to defend himself from four men of which only one was armed (and it wasn't even a gun), was just something Jinki will never accept. His father will soon discover about it and Jinki only wished he could tell him "Told you so."

"About Kim Jonghyun..." Jinki started. If he couldn't argue about Choi Minho being his father's right-hand man, he could still disagree with the appoint of someone like Kim as his assistant. Too bad he was already facing his father's 'there is nothing to talk about it' expression and he just sighed, deciding to give up on it. He would handle Kim Jonghyun by himself.

A knock on the door interrupted his plans. Kyuhyun had come in, bowed to his father and addressed Jinki with a nod. "They are awake," he said simply before bowing again in the direction of Mr. Lee and going out without making any noise. Jinki was surprised. They were already awake?! Maybe they weren't that frivolous after all. "I'm going to see them," he said to his father and turned, walking towards the office door. Then he stopped. "Father, how about Choi's little brother? Should I tell him about him being here?" he asked, completely unsure of what to do.

His father looked at him but Jinki was sure he was thinking about it. "If you require to do so, then do it." Thank you very much, old man. Jinki thought, sarcastically. "Send Choi to my office when you are done." Sometimes Jinki really, really hated his father.

-----

Minho was pacing around the room. His head hurt like hell but that didn't stop him from walking up and down the spacious room with the two beds, where both he and Jonghyun were laying a few minutes ago, two desks and two wardrobes in front of them. The room looked like it had been cleaned just for them.

Jonghyun, who was sitting on one of the beds, sighed. "Minho! Would you stop moving?! You're making me sick with all your pacing. My head hurts and I'm gonna throw up very soon," the older guy whined, exasperated. Minho stopped and glared at Jonghyun, clearly annoyed.

"If you had listened to me for once, we wouldn't be locked in this ing room with two broken heads!" Minho yelled, rage raising in him. Why did Jonghyun look so calm, he really didn't know. "I told you we were going straight into a trap but you didn't listen to me and look at how miserable we are now!" Minho was definitely angry now.

"Would you stop yelling?!" said Jonghyun who actually yelled even more than Minho. "You could have just not come! I didn't force you to go anywhere okay?" They were glaring daggers at each other and Minho sensed that they were going to fight soon if it wasn't for the creak of the door opening.

Minho wasn't sure how to react when he saw Kyuhyun coming in, a serious and cold expression painted on his face, followed by a man that Minho didn't recognize at first. At least not until he got near them. Minho remembered him, of course. For some twisted reason, he still hadn't forgotten about the man who had saved him, not even once. Sure, the only time when they had met the other man had been sitting in a car, his face almost hidden by the darkness of the interior of the sedan. Now that Minho could really look at him, he was even more impressed by his looks. So it was this man all along, he thought.

Jonghyun, who was near Minho, looked even more surprised than him. "You!" he shouted. Mihno frowned. Jonghyun knew this man? Before he could ask him, however, Jonghyun, with fast movements, went past Minho and rushed towards the man standing next to Kyuhyun, slamming him against the wall and pointed a pocketknife at his direction. "You bastard! I knew you weren't a real lawyer! Mr. Lee my , you son of a ! WHERE IS KIBUM?!" Minho was utterly speechless and before he could do anything he saw Kyuhyun pointing his gun at Jonghyun's head. Jonghyun didn't move a millimeter from the man trapped against the wall though. None of them moved.

"Jonghyun..." Minho didn't know what to say. He just hoped that Jonghyun wouldn't really be shot by Kyuhyun, whom Minho thought was one of their most trusted friends. Just what the hell is going on here?! was the only thing that crossed his mind at that moment.