New Life

Heart of Flame

     Taemul POV

    I shuddered watching the house i've slowly grown attatched to crumple like that, but I didn't stop the men from first setting it alight, because i knew i'd be dead if they caught me. I had barely escaped their sudden ambush in the first place, and i didn't intend on turning back now.

     ~Flashback - 10 minutes ago~

     I was startled awake by the unmistakable thump of their shoes. Fear grabbed at my throat and I struggled to breathe when I heard the opening and slamming of doors. As if searching, searching for me. I scrambled out of bed, and desperately pulled at the window, praying for it to open. The footsteps became quicker and louder as the searched rooms only yards away.

     Aware that it was only a matter of time before they came to mine, I pulled my absolute hardest. Relief spread through me as the window reluctantly slid open, but it was temporary, as all things come with a price. The ear-shattering screech of metal against metal sounded through the house. Inthe  oment after, all noise ceased, leaving a deadly silence.

     All the men sprinted towards that one room with force strong enough to break down a door, whic they did.

    I made eye-contact with just one, and recognised the murderous gaze set upon me. With just that one look, I could tell just how doomed I was. But nonetheless, despite the unfavorable chances, I launched myself towards the window. Realizing what iwas trying to do, they pounced. I came to an abrupt halt when, half-way out the window, a hand reached out and grabbed my leg with an iron-like grip. I kicked and struggled, but all in vain. He was twice my size, and three times as strong. Awaiting my death, I prayed for the first time. i prayed that my parents would forgive me and for my sister to be safe and healthy.

    The familiar, rough voice of their leader rang through the house. The anger in his voice was evident, and in fear the man holding me loosened his hold. I took the chance, and wrenched out of his hand and rolled onto the grass outside my window. Wincing at the new formed cut just above my knee, I pounded my legs to the ground, getting as far away as possible in the amount of time i had. In that moment, I decided I couldn't stay here, not with those psychos looking for me. I was going back to noona.

    (End 2 year Flashback)

     Heechul POV

    "Passengers on fight 12, we are now boarding."

    I looked up from my book, Angels and Demons. That was my flight. Noting the forming line, I decided I should probably go now so to not have to wait so long in line. Bag slung over my shoulder, and ticket in hand, I approached the pretty assistant.

     "你好." She looked up. Her eyes widened and her cheeks flushed.

     "Uh...Um... What can i do for-" I handed her my ticket.

     "I'd like to get on, please." she didn't seem to notice my cold tone as she deliberately took as long as possible to scan my pass. As soon as she finished, I grabbed my ticket and bowed, walking away. I sighed. Why must I be burdened by this face?

     My annoyance only amplified, all of the Ayi's staring at me, and giggling among themselves. I shook my head. No. I can't be unhappy. Smiling, I dismissed any feelings of discomfort. I was finally going to Seoul, after a year of preperation. Nothing can ruin my day. Not today.

     Seonmul POV

     "Did you see him?"

     "Yes, and he's absolutely gorgeous." The ahjumma beside me gushed. Her friend nodded rigorously in agreement. Confused, I asked them  who they were talking about.

     "The young man three rows ahead. His features are just flawless." As a woman myself, I stretched my head out, trying to catch a glimpse of whoever had caught the interst of pretty much every female in the economy section. To my dissapointment, all I could see was flaming orange hair and long white fingers flipping the pages of a small book. I gave up, and settled in my seat as well as I could with my seat nieghbors fangirling and invading my personal space. 

     "Noona..." My normally confident brother's eyes were glazed with fear. 

     "What's wrong?" I asked, the concern in my voice evident.

     "That guy........ nevermind." He mumbled, sliding down his seat as if to get smaller. I was still a little worried for him, because I mean, Taemul rarely gets this way. He may get scared a lot, but he was never this insecure and introverted. 

     "We are very sorry to say that there are some technical difficulties, and our flight will be delayed for about half an hour. Thank you for your understanding." I couldn't help but groan at the announcment. Complaints filled the plane and sighs echoed through it. They quickly ceased, though, when the man three rows ahead stood. He is goodlooking, I thought to myself. But not my type. I personally liked the strong but gentle kind, and this guy was far from it. His rebelliously bright hair and his skinny jeans screamed bad boy, his - though attractive - face and slim figure is quite feminine.

     "If you don't mind... may I sing something for you all?" He didn't even need to ask. Yes's and Sure's erpted from every row, even down to buisness class. Bowing to us, he cleared his throat, and sang.

 

젊은 날엔 젊음을 모르고 
사랑할 땐 사랑이 보이지 않았네

 

하지만 이제 뒤돌아보니 
우린 젊고 서로 사랑을 했구나
 
눈물 같은 시간의 강 위에 
떠내려가는 건 한 다발의 추억
그렇게 이제 뒤돌아보니 
젊음도 사랑도 아주 소중했구나
 
언젠가는 우리 다시 만나리 
어디로 가는지 아무도 모르지만 
언젠가는 우리 다시 만나리 
헤어진 모습 이대로..
 
젊은 날엔 젊음을 잊었고
사랑할 땐 사랑이 흔해만 보였네 
하지만 이제 생각해 보니 
우린 젊고 서로 사랑을 했구나
 
언젠가는 우리 다시 만나리 
어디로 가는지 아무도 모르지만 
언젠가는 우리 다시 만나리 
헤어진 모습 이대로..
 
언젠간 우리 만나리 언젠간 우리 다시 만나리 이대로 이대로 
 
언젠가는 우리 다시 만나리
어디로 가는지 아무도 모르지만 
언젠가는 우리 다시 만나리 
헤어진 모습 이대로
 
     Only when the song ended did I realize that I and everyone else had closed their eyes, not a sound coming our of their mouths, not one soul but the singing man moving. The spell he had cast on the audience was finally broken by the silence following his last syllable of song. For that last moment, he looked shyly at us, and we looked back. Then applause broke out, people cheering and complimenting his performance. Chattering started up again, this time excited comments on the unexpected song he had just sung. Before we knew it, we took flight. Thank you, I told him in my mind. You just made my, and everyone else's day. And as if he had heard me, he turned, met my eyes, and smiled.