Of Instant Ramen and Hot Water

Of Instant Ramen and Hot Water


"Alright! That was great! Thank you everyone for your hard work!" Director-nim shouted, and bid everyone goodbye telling us to be back around the same time tomorrow.

I thanked my crew and bid everyone bye as well, "Manager hyung, bring me home.." I sighed and crawled into the back of the car.

We took off, driving around Seoul, the bright lights shone beautifully in the dark of the night. I had to fight the urge to fall asleep.

We stopped and I yawned, pushing the car door open, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Kibum, you should take better care of your health if you are always tired. Get some good rest tonight, Neh?"

I smiled, "Thanks for your concern hyung-ah, I'll be sure to get plenty of rest tonight. Drive saftely~"

I turned around, exhaling, "What the--"

The surprising sight was my hyung, Yesung sleeping on my front step.

A sharp inhale surprised me as he began to move, Only then did I realize how cold it was.

"Omo.." I sighed and kneeled down next to him quickly, "Hyung~ wake up, it's freezing out here" I shook him gently, as he began to rub at his eyes, "Kibum-ah?" He asked innocently, his dark brown eyes sparkled in the somewhat dim lighting.

"When did you get here?" I asked, helping his shivering figure into the apartment.

He dug through his pocket looking at his phone and smiled, more of a grimace, "About five hours ago.."

I felt myself drop spiritually, "I am so sorry, have you eaten?" I asked in a hurry and pulled my shoes off, and ran to the kitchen.

"I was hoping to bring you somewhere.." He began as he smiled once again.

"Ah~" I nodded and checked the clock on the wall which read 11:52pm.

I yawned and began to heat up some water in my water cooker and pulled out a bowl, trying to break the awkward silence, "What made you think of me all of a sudden?"

He scanned me over, "Just worried about a dongsaeng, nothing too out of the ordinary. Have you been eating well? You look like a stick." He furrowed his eyebrows and began to pull at my arm, "Yesung, knock it off." I elbowed him away gently, he is my hyung after all.

I pulled the flavour packet open and poured it in the bowl, and the noodles, pouring the now steaming hot water in the bowl, stirring the ramen around some.

"Have you been sleeping well? I can see bags." Yesung began and held my face between his hands, inspecting every single old and new imperfection.

"Aish~ Stop." I pushed him away and elbowed the bowl of hot ramen off of the counter, burning both of our feet soaking through our socks.

We both let out sounds of discomfort and pulled our socks off quickly, I ran to the bathroom with him following close behind, I turned the squeaky faucet for the tub on and dumped my feet in, while Yesung just watched from behind, "Put your feet in doofus."

Yesung simply crossed his arms and did as I said, "You should be more careful."

I rolled my eyes, "Really hyung..? You have been acting like my omma this whole time. I am sorry." I turned the water off and remembered I had left him waiting for me for five hours, feeling somewhat remorseful now.

"I'm sorry, I worry too much.."  He smiled sadly, "Hyung misses you.. well, everyone does." he said as I sat on the counter, drying my feet, the discarded ramen far forgotten.

I nodded, and looked over to him, he looked sad and something felt wrong in my chest, "I miss you guys too."

He bit his lip, "It's been so long.." He smiled, looking over to me, his eyes filled with tears only to quickly disappear as soon as they shown.

"Don't you guys have a show tomorrow?" I asked, biting back the questions that flooded my mind.

The real reason why I left.. ?

"Yeah, we do." He spoke and stood up, pulling out a paper from his back pocket, "Here, I... Eetuek texted me, he wants me back home to sleep." Yesung held the paper out to me, and I took it, "I'll see you some other time then, It was great seeing you again." He hugged me and I inhaled his long lost scent.

He put his shoes on and hailed a taxi, "Goodbye hyung." I smiled and he nodded and disappeared into the taxi.

I stepped back inside and cleaned up the mess on the kitchen floor, I dragged myself into bed, not sure how to feel about the odd sudden happenings today.

The note was sitting on my side dresser, I haven't read it.. I was afraid to.

I was about to fall into deep slumber until I pictured Yesung again and the paper, it was eating at me.

"Fine." I grabbed the note and turned my lamp on, and slowly unfolded the paper, and read his neat handwriting,


 

neol mollae johahaetdeon na
hoksina deulkilkkabwa maeum jorimyeo
mareul halkka malkka honja gomineul hae.

nae mameul algo isseulkka
moreun cheokhago isseulkka
jeokdanghi twinggidaga mot igineun cheok
nae mam bada jwo geureom andoelkka

nae saranga nae saranga
ijen naege mameul yeoreo jwo butakhae
gidarime jichyeo beoryeoseo
himdeureo jujeoantji anke
nae son jaba jwo

saramdeulgwa tteodeureodo
onjongil ni saenggakppunya
eotteoke haeya nae maeumeul jeonhalkka
ojik han saram neoppuninde

nae saranga nae saranga
ijen naege mameul yeoreo jwo butakhae
gidarime jichyeo beoryeoseo
himdeureo jujeoantji anke
nae son jaba jwo

neomu saranghanikka
neomu johahanikka
oemyeonhaji mara jwo
ijen nae mam bada jwo
haengbokhage hae julge yeongwonhi
hamkke hago sipeo
naege wajumyeon andoeni

nae saranga nae saranga
ijen naege mameul yeoreo jwo butakhae
nae moksumboda sojunghan saram
saranghae i sesang kkeutkkaji





Tears welled up in my eyes, unspoken words building up in my chest, my throat was hurting from keeping myself from crying.

The only thing in my mind right now was Yesung.

How I had left him, How I was comepletely selfish to ditch him like I did.

He hasn't been smiling as often as he did before, I used to think it was all in my head but the proof was too strong now.

I missed him.

I was wrong to leave.

I should have been a man and faced my-- our feelings for eachother.

And I'll never forgive myself for ruining such an oppourtunitty.

I shot out of bed and ran to my phone, not noticing that it was five in the morning I dialed his number, with every ring my heart beat faster.

He wasn't picking up though.

I sat my phone on the table and stood still, just watching it.

I wasn't sure how I felt anymore, my emotions were everywhere.

The phone beeped and I picked it up in a hurry, hope rising in my chest. Only to be shot down again when it was only telling me I needed to charge my battery.

I laid my head down on the pillow, comepletely exhausted from lack of sleep and depression.

My bed never felt more empty then it did now.

----

I kept checking my phone, He hasn't attempted to contact me yet.

Today was the last day of filming, and it's been a month sence he came by.

I should have just forgotten about it, he was busy now.

I stood up to do the last scene and looked at the female actress and the camera began to roll.

I gazed deeply into her eyes, my lines leaving my lips with ease.

"How can I love you when I'm not over her? My love? My wife..? The mother of my child? You are selfish to think I would love someone like you so easily. Goodbye Kim Hyeosang."

She cried, yelling at me. telling me to grow a brain and let my 'Wife' go, but my character wouldn't. Couldn't.

The after party for our success in comepleting the movie was full of drunk people, mostly the make-up artist and smaller characters in the movie.

I left early seeing that they haven't even started and paid the taxi man, turning around I froze in place.

"Hey Kibum." Yesung stood before me, looking tired but beautiful like always.

I ran to him and pulling him into a strong embrace, One look into eachothers eyes and we knew. The sudden feelings felt great, not feeling alone.

Our eyes made contact and so did our lips.

Our first kiss.

The begining of something amazing.

The begining of something beautiful.

"I love you, Kim Jongwoon."

"And I you, Kim Kibum."

 


Hey everyone! I am back from  a super long hiatus! :D

Please comment and tell me how you liked this oneshot!

Love and hugs to everyone~ <3

 

NomNom out!

Date: Saturday, August 18 2012.

Listening to: EXO-K - What is Love

Eating: Nothing.

Want's: To stop getting sick so often.. and to take better care of my health. (I have Pneumonia.. :c)