Life Is Cruel...

Life Is Cruel...

 

Another usual day at school. Everything was the same as always, same lessons, same teachers and same classes. If not the fact that today is the last day of this school year and tomorrow starts holiday I'll be dead. I don't even know how I was going though same things every day all year. While I was thinking I reached the school.

The mood of holidays was already in the air. Some groups were talking about where they wanna go on vacation. They probably forgot that today we still have normal lessons.

Near school's doors I saw my best and only true friend in this school.

~HEY! Haru-ah!!~ yea, she saw me too.

~Hi, Min Jee.

~It's already summer holiday! Can u believe that we finished this year?

~It's not holiday now. We have lessons and if we'll keep standing here we'll be late~. I started walking straight to my class. Min Jee walked by my side silently.

~But it's last day! LAST DAY!

~C'mon, stop talking about holiday.

~OK, I’ll try just calm down.

We walked trough the school full of happy students.  Inside of my heart I was happy too. Summer holiday, it sounded so nice.

Min Jee wasn't my classmate so she needed to go to other class.

~Unnie, see u later~ she smiled at me. I saw in her eyes, she was holding her screams of joy inside of her.

I entered my class, everyone here were obsessed about holidays too. It starts annoy me really. Only one person in class was sitting calmly of his chair with head phones plugged in his ears. Lee Taemin. We only had one lesson together but he always looked calm and serious. I sat down in free place next to him.

Every single year math teacher made us sit together. We never talked to each other and I don't know why. Probably we just  don't know about what to talk to each other. At first it was uncomfortably but after few months it started not bother me. And now I don't expect any words from him.

 I took my books ant put it on my part of the desk. The bell rang and everyone sat down at their seats. Taemin turned off his iPod and started to read math book. He's so good at math. Well, actually he was good at everything. Best student in class. For me it was far away to reach him, I didn't even try. Teacher came in class and greeted us. Then she started to talk about tasks what we needed to do during holiday. My eyes started closing. I was so tired cause yesterday at night I was writing story for English lesson about this school year. Suddenly soft voice said something to me.

~What?~ I raised my head and turned to that side where I heard voice.

~Don't sleep during the lessons, Sunshine. 

My eyes winded and my jaw just dropped from surprise. Taemin was actually talking with me? Was that really Lee Taemin? He laughed silently.

 ~W-why are u laughing?~ my voice shaked. Not only my voice, my all body was shaking from this kind of shock.

~You look cute.

 Suddenly I blushed and weird feeling appeared in my stomach. It felt like thousand butterflies was flying there. I couldn't make myself not to stare at him. Just now I realized how handsome he was, his eyes were dark brown like chocolate, his hair looked awesome and his lips was light pink and looked so soft and kissable.

 Soon the bell rang and Taemin stood up. Our eyes met. I couldn't move, my heart beat so fast..

~Bye Kim Haru~ he sent for me air kiss and walked away.

Strange things happened inside of me after that lesson. All day I couldn't think about anything else except Lee Taemin. His gaze was appearing in my eyes again and again. It was the last lesson-history. Teacher was telling about something but I couldn't hear her. My minds were completely offline.

~Kim Haru. Please stay in the class after lesson...

 That was what I heard perfectly… WHAT? She left me after my lessons? Oh god... Lee Taemin this is all your fault

~Em.., OK, Mrs. Shin.

Soon the lesson was over. My classmates went to celebrate the start of summer holidays. They left me all alone. I tried to figure out what I suppose to say… but nothing came to my mind… At least I could be sorry for not paying attention. I walked closer teacher’s desk and looked in her eyes.

~I am so sorry that I wasn't paying attention in Your lesson. I just... Just…~ OK, I don’t know what to say next. It’s bad. OMG, Haru lie about something, LIE!!!

~She just doesn't feel well today. ~ That voice. I heard it already somewhere. I turned around and saw that the guy who was trying to help me out. It’s Taemin.

~Is that so?? And from where do you know that?~ still teacher didn't want to believe in his words.

~I came here because of her. I want to make sure that she will safely come back home.~ He’s a good liar too. Nice.

Teacher looked at me, then at Taemin and then again at me and again at Taemin.

~Lee Taemin if I find out that your words are lie both of you will get into huge trouble. I warn you.

 ~OK, Mrs. Shin~ both of us said goodbye to her and bended.

 After we went out of school I turned to that way where my home was. But suddenly Taemin's arm was around my waist. I stopped, my heart skipped beating. I felt like my face blushed again.

~Where do you think you’re going? ~ he whispered in my ear. He was so close; I felt his breathing on my neck.  I didn't answer to his question and stayed still. He turned me that I could face him. He didn't pull away his hand from my wais, differently; he pressed my body to his body still looking at my eyes.

~T-Tae-min w-what a-are you do-doing? ~ I was shaking. My mind freaked out. He was too close, I couldn’t think properly just stare to his eyes. What is he doing to you Haru-ah??? Think girl, just think. But I couldn’t. That was the power of his gaze.  His face came closer mine. Between our faces left about 1 cm or less. What he is doing???.

Suddenly I felt his lips on my lips. His lips were warm and soft. I closed my eyes and started enjoy this little kiss. But he wanted more, for him it was not enough just light kiss. I felt like his tongue my lips, wanting them to separate. I let him discover my mouth and he let me do the same. We were kissing passionately and I didn’t want him to stop. But he stopped and looked in my eyes.

~Do you know how long I waited for this??? Do you know how long wanted to kiss you like that, to hold you in my arms???~ he hugged you even more tight. I hugged him backed. My brains said to hit him for kissing me like that but my body listed to my heart and it wanted to be with him, to be with Lee Taemin.

~Taemin….. Why are doing this to me??

~Doing what? ~ he couldn’t speak a loud. He just whispered and it was hard for me to hear him.

~All this years I didn’t have any feelings for you and now, just in one day you made me feel what I never felt in my all entire life. You made me want to be with you, to want to hug and to kiss you. How you did this to me???

~Does that mean you fell in love with me?? ~ in his voice I heard something that looked like hope. Does he really want me to fall in love him? Does he really like me too? My heart said yes, it felt that Taemin like me too. No more question, just truth. And the only truth I knew was that he likes me and that I like him too.

~Probably… Yes.. ~ for the first time I said my true feeling for a guy. For the first time I felt that I needed him by my side.

Suddenly he grabbed me and lifted in the air. I heard him laughing happily. All I could do was smile, so I smiled. I smiled not because I had to smile. I smiled because I was happy, I wanted to smile. Then he putted me down and kissed my lightly on my cheek. I blushed again.

~Haru-ah, you look so cute when you are blushing. ~he grabbed my hand, I felt  his fingers entwined with mine as he softly squeezed them. ~Do you want to see my house?? Don’t be worried about my parents; they live not in Korea so I’m all alone.

~Really?? Well, then alright. ~ I felt exited about coming to his house. It was like mystery for me, how he lived or what he was doing on his free time. I had a lot of questions to him.

We walked silently, just holding each others hand. The silent didn’t bother me. The most important I felt him by my side,, that was all I needed.

 

After few months, middle of august~

 

All summer went like this, we were together enjoying each others embrace. Every day we spend together doing random things and taking a lot photos that it would be easier to remember every our step that we took together. We made a lot of good memories.

Taemin should be coming back from his travel. He went to visit his family in Tokyo and he promised me to be back until my birthday. And so my birthday is today. He called me yesterday and said that he will be back today and bring me a birthday present. I’m so excited about what he’s gonna give to me. It’s already 3 o’clock. He said he will be back about 2 pm and call me, but still no text message or phone call from him. In my minds came terrible thoughts. I didn’t want to think that something could happen to him, no it’s impossible.

I was sitting on sofa in my living when the door bell rang. Smile appeared on my face. I wanted to see his smile, I wanted to hug him and kiss him. It’s been 2 weeks since I didn’t see him.

I ran to the door and opened them widely. But for my disappointment that wasn’t Taemin. It was just mailman.

~Are you Miss Kim Haru???

~Yes... ~ did somebody send me a letter of what? I was confused; nobody ever sent me a letter.

~Please take this letter and this box ~ the mailman pointed with his finger in the box which was lying on the ground next my door ~ and please sign here..

I took the letter and the box. Then I signed in mailman’s note book and thanked him. After he was gone I closed the door and went to open strange gifts. First I started from the letter. It smelt very nice and a hand-writing style was Taemin’s. Since when he is writing letters to me???

I opened the letter and started to read it carefully.

My dear Sunshine,

My first and only love – Haru… I should be with You right now, I should be celebrating Your birthday together with You. But the life is cruel, things not always going like we planned. I don’t want You to cry, I don’t want to see You sad.

 Please, promise me not to cry, promise me that You won’t give up and that You’ll live Your life like You lived before I showed up in it. Promise me You’ll be happy even I won’t be able to be with You.

I know You still don’t know what happened. But I want You to know. My parents live not in Tokyo and I went there not to visit them. I went to a hospital. I have a cancer. I didn’t want to hurt You so didn’t say that before. Nobody knew it except my family. Probably when You’ll be reading this letter I’d be dead .

Please, don’t cry. It’s already hurting me more than You can imagine.

 I always will be watching over You from the sky. And I want You to be happy with other guy. Even if it break my heart to thousand pieces. You deserved to be happy.  Don’t try to hurt yourself. You promised me you won’t give up.

I love You, I truly do. Remember that.. Just know that You made my life beautiful and that I died happy thinking about You. Thanks for that. And thanks for keeping my heart and not breaking it.

There’s something for You in box. Hope You’ll like it. I hope it will remind You our time spend together. I hope it will remind You of me.

Bye, my only love… Bye my Sunshine. I love You <3

 

Always Yours,

Taemin.’

 

Tears were falling on my cheeks. My heart stopped beating. I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't make any moves. My mind didn't believe. Suddenly I realized what happened, I realized that I wouldn't be able to see him again, to hug him again, to spend time with him never ever again. Just then I understood that he made me to promise him not to cry, not to do anything ridiculous. . It was hard but I made myself to wipe my tears and take the box in my hands. Slowly I opened it and took purple photo book. All cover of photo book was stick with heart form stickers, it looked perfect. I opened first page and saw photos of me and him. We smiled and posed to photo camera. How could my life change like this? Just two weeks ago we were happy together.

I can’t hold it any more. I want to cry, I want run away and scream from the pain, I want to jump from the roof. I don't need this world without him. But I promised him, I couldn't do anything, just don't give up. Life is cruel... He was right.