At the SuperMarket

If Only it Wasn't You

Who was the girl? Jay thought to himself. He had never felt this way before. He put his hand on his sturdy chest. His heart was beating fast. Jay was lost in thought until Wooyoung entered.

"Wooyoung!" Jay exclaimed and dragged him into the "living room."

"What?" Wooyoung laughed and Jay told him.

"...so I think I really like her," Jay finished.

"What's her name?" Wooyoung asked.

"No way, man. I'm not telling you," Jay pouted, "You're bad at keeping secrets so there's no way I would tell YOU outta of all the people I know."

"Fine, but you're like some little kid. C'mon...isn't that a bit extreme? Liking someone the first day you arrive in another continent?" Wooyoung teased.

But Jay didn't care. Meeting Hyun face to face was just enough. Suddenly, Wooyoung's stomach growled.

"Oh, dang it," he groaned, "We didn't bring any food with us, did we?"

"There's always a grocery store," Jay sighed and headed towards his new bedroom, "Sorry man, but you've got to go. I'm tired and I have to unpack."

"Selfish as usual," Wooyoung muttered under his breath, "Well what do we need?"

"For now, just plain ramen would be okay, and some water bottles," Jay called out from his room.

"Okay," Wooyoung replied and set out to buy the groceries.

At the super market...

Wooyoung was heading towards the aisle with water bottles. He looked in his cart. Instant ramen, some of Jay's favorite snacks and some kitchen utensils. Now, he just needed the water bottles. He looked in relief as there was only one pack of bottles left. He walked over to get it, but another hand reached it first. He looked in surprise and the person.

A tall slender girl with big brown eyes stared blankly at Wooyoung.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she apologized, letting go of the water bottle pack, "Were you going to buy this too?"

"Um..." Wooyoung was speechless, "No...no,no...I wasn't going to."

"Oh, are you sure? 'Cause you were going to reach for it," the mysterious girl pointed out, and abruptly put it into Wooyoung's cart, "Here, I have plenty at home. I was going to buy these for extra. It's fine."

"Thank you," Wooyoung responded.

"You really look like someone I met earlier today..." she said.

"Who?" Wooyoung asked.

"I don't recall his name, but I thought you looked familiar. Are you a student here?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm new," Wooyoung replied, "I just transferred to Young Bae High."

"I attend that school as well," she added, "I'm Seo Hyun, Hyun if you don't mind."

"I'm Wooyoung," Wooyoung introduced himself.

"I guess I'll see you around then," Hyun said and walked off.

Wooyoung stood there and stared blankly at the empty spot where Hyun had just been a few seconds ago.

"Maybe it isn't that weird to like someone on the first day you land in a new continent..." he muttered to himself.