Chapter 2

It Started With A Blind Date

 

Lee Junho
That girl was strange; well I don’t really know because I’m not really familiar on how girls act. I never had a girlfriend or a first kiss so I didn’t really know how to act around a girl especially on a blind date. I wonder where my mom met her? My mom made me go on a date with her but I forgot to ask where they met. My alarm clock went off and I pressed snooze.

 

“Junho, wake up.”

 

I heard my mom say. I rolled out of bed and scratched my head as I fixed my bed and opened the door.

 

“Jeez Junho! Wear a shirt!”

 

My mom said as she covered her eyes. I smirked and grabbed a shirt from my closet and ran downstairs.

 

“Hey mom. Hey dad.”

 

I said as I grabbed a plate of food and started eating. Sometimes I wish I could find a girl just like my mom; an amazing woman who takes care of her children and is a really good cook.

 

“Honey, we’re going out tonight. We’re going to the W Hotel.”

 

“Why?” I asked as I stuffed my face with food.

 

“Your father and I are meeting some clients and they’re in the W Hotel.”

 

“So…why am I coming with you guys again?”

 

I asked and my mom just gave me ‘the look’. I slowly smiled and glanced at my dad but all he did was shake his head and smirk.

 

“Should I wear something very formal or…”

 

“Black pants and a vest is fine.”

 

She said and we continued to eat our breakfast. I wonder why my parents are dragging me with them? They never asked me to go with them before; why now? As I was eating, I suddenly remembered Lynn. I don’t even know why I’m thinking of her; I barely know her!

 

“Mom.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“How did you meet Lynn?” I asked. My mom glanced at me and smirked.

 

“Why, honey? Does my son have a little crush on a girl?” She teased and I pouted.

 

“No. It’s just that…”

 

“It’s just what, Junho?”

 

“Nothing. Nevermind.”

 

I said and my mom smiled. There are times that I wish I could read people’s minds; find out what they’re thinking of or why my mom is constantly teasing me about her.

 

“Okay I’ll tell you. Lynn’s parents were our friends back in high school but after high school, we separated and didn’t really talk then a few days ago, I was grocery shopping and I saw her mom.”

 

“So then you decided that I should go on a blind date with her?”

 

“Yeah. What’s wrong with that? Wasn’t she a nice girl?”

 

My mom asked and I started remembering about our date. Lynn was really shy or she was bored; bottom line, our date was really awkward. I tried to make it less awkward by acting a little funny but I guess it didn’t work because she ran off. Before my mom could tease me more, I ran back to my room and I ended up thinking about her until we left to go to the hotel.

In W Hotel Seoul Walkerhill…

Wow, my parents’ clients are filthy rich to be able to afford to stay in a hotel like this! I glanced around the hotel and I was amazed at how big and beautiful the hotel is. I decided to wear a suit since my mom kept dropping hints about how formal the hotel is and how important the clients are. We were walking around the hotel until I heard someone yell out my mom’s name. I followed the voice and saw a man, a woman and a young girl who looks really familiar. As we walked closer, I noticed who the girl was.

 

“Lynn?”

 

I mumbled to myself quietly but I think she heard me cause she looked up and our eyes met. She quickly looked away and I scratched the back of my head as I glanced down. I know I said I haven’t had a girlfriend before but of course I’ve been around girls and I never ever feel nervous around them. So why do I feel nervous right now?

 

“Wow, Seo Yool! You look amazing in that dress!”

 

My mom complimented the woman. I’m guessing she’s Lynn’s mom. I watched our parents interact with each other and I walked closer to Lynn.

 

“Hey.”

 

I said then she looked at me and smiled. I felt more nervous and usual and my hands were starting to sweat. I grinned and adjusted my necktie; wow, is it hot in here or what??

 

“Hey.”

 

She said and looked down again; I have never met such a shy girl in my entire life!

 

“Lynn dear, why don’t you show Junho around?”

 

Her mother said and she bit her lower lip. Show me around? Why would she show me around? She glanced up at me then at her mom and nodded.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

She said and I followed behind her. We walked around and she showed me almost the entire hotel. Every time she would talk about a certain room, I would just nod and glance at her. Lastly, we went inside an empty theatre and we sat at the very back.

 

“Well…this is the theatre. They show musicals, shows and even movies here. Sometimes I come here when no one’s around; it’s a really great place to think so.” She said and smiled.

 

“So uhm…why did you give me this tour anyway?”

 

I asked. It’s a dumb question, I know but I felt the need to ask the question. She stared at me for one whole minute and laughed. Normally, I would feel offended but instead I stared at her as she laughed. She looked really pretty when she laughed and she had natural laugh, not like those annoying giggles or fake laughs that makes me want to hurt myself every time I hear it. She finally stopped laughed and pushed her hair back.

 

“My family owns the hotel.”

 

She said and my jaw dropped. Of course, why didn’t I think of that?? Why else would her mom tell her to show me around?? Wow, I feel stupid.

 

“Really??”

 

“Yeah! Wait…you didn’t know? Your mom knew that my family owns this hotel. I thought she to—ohh.”

 

She said and she got quiet. I wonder what she’s thi—oh. I think I know what she’s thinking of.

 

“Are you thinking…” She asked and I nodded.

 

“Yep. Our parents set us up on a blind date huh? And there’s no client that stays in this hotel.”

 

“Yep. No client. Unless our parents are each other’s clients.”

 

She said and we got quiet. The silence reminded me of our date and I don’t want this…date to be just like our first date again; quiet and awkward.

 

“So…”

 

“So…” We both said and smiled at each other.

 

“You first.” I said and she nodded.

 

“Do you want to see my room?”

 

She suddenly asked. Whoa! I’m not prepared for this at all! I opened my mouth but nothing came out; not a single word or a single sound. She waited for me to say something so I took a deep breath and opened my mouth.

 

“Huh?”

 

That was the word that came out of my mouth. I wanted to slap myself for sounding like such an idiot. I glanced at her and she just smiled.