Chapter 31

Akuma No sekai (World of demons)

Sayumi:

The demon ran towards me to attack me, but I escaped just in time. I ran through the store, to the door where the plastic bag was. I picked it up as fast as I could and left the store. I heard him come closer to me. He was much faster than me... Before I knew it he was already behind me. He grabbed my arm and I tried to pul my arm back but he was too strong of course. He grabbed me tighter and I dropped the bag on the floor. I didn't want to give up, of course not. I thought about Ryosuke and Mai... 'They need me'. A tear came up. "Aah.. the traitress is crying." The demon said. He grabbed me more tigher and I almost couldn't breath. "I... will... end... this..." I tried to say. I tried to fight from his grasp but it didn't work. I think he found me annoying because he slapped my face. I tried to grab my knife. "Just come with me without struggling or I will make you come with me... but then I'll have to hurt you" He said while he pushed me on the ground. My knife fell. "Aha..." he said while grabbing my knife from the floor. '' I thought again. "You know what this thing does right?" he asked sarcasticly. "It will cut your head off" I said madly while I tried to stand up, but he pushed me back on the ground.  I could see I made him mad, more mad then he already was. He took my knife and pushed it throught my body. I couldn't die from it, it's only working for cutting a demon's head off, but that doesn't mean It didn't hurt. I felt the horrible pain. It was hurting so much that I almost couldn't breathe. Again I felt a tear come up. I grabbed to my stomach where the knife was still in, which was still in the demon's hand. I felt the blood on my hands while I closed my eyes. 

I opened my eyes. I was blinded for like five seconds, because of the brightness of the light. I tried to move but I couldn't. I looked around. I was chained to a wall of a bedroom. I tried to escape. I tried to escape but the chains and the wall were too strong. Again I looked around. I knew this room from somewhere but I couldn't tell from where. I looked at the window. It was very familiar to me. I was been there before. I heard the door who was opening. I closed my eyes again and did like I was still asleep. "She's still asleep?!" I heard someone saying, probably one of the demon's who catched me. They were with more? "Look, we have no time for this... we can't wait till she wakes up, we're waiting for more then a day now!" the other one said. They were with two, I could feel it.  So I was already that long asleep? "Maybe it's better if she just stays asleep" I heard him say while he walked away from me. "Maybe we should just kill here, then she won't fight against us anymore" the other one said again. "I think that's the best idea". I heard he picked something from, probably a closet, then I heard he walked closer to me. He was holding an object next to my face. I heard the object and then I smelled fire. It probably was a lighter.

I started to panick but without letting them notice that I was awake. "So she's really asleep... Then she probably dont mind that the whole house is on fire" They laughed. I heard them walk out of the room and I opened my eyes again. The door closed. Now I really panicked. I tried to move but of course it still didn't work. Then I smelled the fire. Did they already make the fire? 'No!' I thought. "No, No!' I looked around me and saw the door burn. Like 10 minutes I looked to the burning door. "I must leave this house" I said in myself. "I will leave". I looked at the chains, luckily they weren't made of iron... of course not because then it would also hurt the demons who caught me. I looked out of the window, which was on the other side of the room and I saw it started to rain. 'Good' I thought 'Maybe the fire will go away soon, because of the rain... before I will be burned'. The fire came closer to me. I felt how the fire touched my body. It burned a lot.  

The rain didn't work, of course not.. because it doesn't rain inside... I tried to move again, I tried to escape, but the chains were still to strong. I heard someone talking from outside. "Where are you going?" I sounded like Mai. Mai...? Ryosuke...? Of course, that why I thought I was here before. This is their house. Ryosuke and I escaped through that window. I still felt the burning pain. I didn't knew fire would heard me that much. I heard footsteps from the hallway downstairs. Ryosuke and Mai where probably in the house. 'They're in the house' I was so happy by that thought. 'Did they come for me? No, They probably saw the fire and come look for it'. They probably didn't thought I was in the house. I was wondering why they came inside the house. wasn't there fire downstairs? Maybe it was already out... But then why was I still burning? Burning? "Ouch" I said. I tried to scream but my voice was gone because of the smoke I breathed in. I tried to listen if they were saying something but they didn't. I only heard them walking. "Stop!"I then heard Ryosuke saying. It sounded like it came from under me. First I didn't understand but then I heard a sound from the floor. The floor was gonna break. Mai, was she? No... Is she in the living room? If she is then she will be that when floor and I fall on her. I thought... I should save her, I knew I can save her. But I never tried before. 'Can I' I thought. There was no time to think about it. "Okay" I then said "If I don't do this we will both die, I can still save her". Luckily there wasn't a devils trap above or below me. Of course not, because demons can't make a trap... only humans can. So I could still escape... I could escape from this body and save Mai. But I never tried before. When I first possesed this girl, who was already dead... I never left this body anymore. I concentrated on my soul and tried to leave this body. 'Come on!' I thought. I heard the floor making sound again. I concentrated harder and I felt the floor going away under me. At that moment I felt how I left this body and went to Mai's, while "my" body still hung to the wall in the bedroom.