A Dead Soul (Part 2)

CSI Korea

 

 

Location- Eun Song’s House

Time- 10:20 A.M.

 

Jessica and Tiffany drove up on the street looking for the victim’s house. The neighborhood they were in was a decent one. It wasn’t a high class neighborhood or low class. They pulled up to the house’s driveway once they reached the house. It was a two story house with a brown door and flower beds planted everywhere. Jessica put the car and park and looked at her partner. “I’ll do the talking.” Jessica said.

 

 Tiffany looked at her partner in shock, “Ha. You!? Maybe I should since I handle people better.” Tiffany laughed. Jessica just ignored the comment and turned off the engine and stepped out of the car. Tiffany followed her as they made their way to front door. Jessica pressed the doorbell waiting for the owner to come open the door.

 

*DING DONG*

 

Footsteps could be heard getting closer to the door. Suddenly the door started to open slowly and a woman poked her head to look to see who it was. Tiffany said softly, “Mrs. Song?” The women opened the door all the way and looked at the two detectives. Out of now where two little boys came running toward their mom and hid behind her legs. Tiffany smiled at them while Jessica looked behind the woman to see her house.

 

“Yes? Who are you?”

 

Tiffany looked back up at the woman and replied, “This is Detective Jung and I’m Detective Hwang. We are from Soshi HQ.”

 

“Detectives? What happened?” she spoke timidly.

 

Jessica spoke up, “Mrs. Song, it’s about your husband. Do you mind if we come in?” The woman motioned the detectives to come in her home and take a seat in her living room. Tiffany sat on the couch across from the woman as Jessica walked around the living room looking at the family photos and observing the room.

 

The woman looked at the detectives and then at her boys, “Boys, go to your rooms. You may play your video games but keep it down.” The two little boys nodded and ran off to their rooms. The woman turned her attention back to Tiffany waiting for her to speak.

 

“I’m afraid I have some bad news to share Mrs. Song…” Tiffany started.

 

“Where is my husband? Is he in trouble?” Mrs. Song questioned. Tiffany looked down for a minute collecting her thoughts and looked back up to the worried wife.

 

 “I’m afraid… he’s dead.”

 

The woman put her hand up to and tears started rapidly coming out of her eyes. Tiffany went over to comfort the woman and said, “He was shot and we were just wondering where you were at 2 A.M. this morning?”

 

 The woman stopped crying for a moment and looked at Tiffany with red puffy eyes, “What? You think I killed him?!? My husband?!?” she started to raise her voice.

 

 “No m’am we just want to confirm your whereabouts. Please answer the question.” Jessica said.

 

 Jessica was wondering around the living room looking at the family photos. Many of them were of the family. There was another picture with the victim and a male friend holding a couple of drinks at what looked to be their office.

 

“I was here, sleeping in my room while waiting for my husband to come home.” She replied with a little anger.  Tiffany kept comforting her as Jessica continued questioning her.

 

 “When was the last time you saw or spoke to your husband?”

 

The woman thought about it and said, “Around 6 P.M., he said he was going to be late for work. Of course he has been working late and wouldn’t come home till around 10 or so. I didn’t think it was an issue that he wasn’t home around 10, so I went to bed.” Tiffany nodded and suddenly she got a text message.

 

 

To: Tiffany

Sent:  11:00 A.M.

Got a suspect. Name is JaeWan Park. Sending Sooyoung to question him.

Come and join when you can. (:

From: Taeyeon

 

 

Tiffany replied ‘okay (: ’ back and looked at the woman sitting in the chair. Tiffany spoke up, “Mrs. Song, What do you know about JaeWan Park?” Jessica and the woman looked at Tiffany’s sudden question. The woman thought for a second before speaking.

 

 “He and my husband work together. They were best friends. They were buddies all throughout college. Though, JaeWan stopped coming over to our house to visit when my husband got promoted. My husband said he was jealous. I tried to invite him over but JaeWan would reject. Then we wouldn’t see him anymore. Only my husband at the office but they hardly spoke. I would visit my husband to bring him lunch sometimes and visit JaeWan but he would say he was too busy to chat with me, so I stopped visiting him as well.”

 

Jessica then looked back at the picture of the two men holding drinks at the office and assumed that the other man was JaeWan. Tiffany nodded and got up from the seat. “Alright thank you for your time Mrs. Song. If you come across any possible significant information, please give us a call.” Tiffany said as she started towards the door. Jessica and the woman followed her out. Jessica opened the car door and Tiffany in the passenger seat. The woman looked at the two detectives leaving before closing the door. Jessica pulled out of the driveway and back towards headquarters.

 

As they were driving Jessica ask, “What with the random question of JaeWan?” Tiffany pulled out her phone and re-read her text from Taeyeon.

 

 “Taeyeon sent me a text saying that they cuffed someone named JaeWan and are bringing him back to HQ to question him. I just wanted to know more information about him.”

 

 Jessica nodded and looked at Tiffany who was looking at her phone smiling.

 

“What?” Jessica asked.

 

 Tiffany closed her phone and said, “Nothing. Taeyeon texted me a smiley face at the end of the message.” She smiled.

 

 Jessica just rolled her eyes, “Puh-lease. Stop going goo goo for her.”  Tiffany playfully slapped Jessica.

 

“Hey I’m driving here!” Jessica stated. Tiffany just ignored her and stuck out her tongue. “Whatever let’s just get back to HQ to watch the interrogation”, Jessica said as she started to drive faster.

 

 

Location- Soshi HQ

Time- 11:30 A.M.

 

Tiffany and Jessica arrived into the interrogation room. The interrogation room had two rooms inside that were separated by a glass window. On one side of the rooms were a table and a couple chairs. A man in a very nice office suit with an angry look on his face was in that room. In the other room were Taeyeon, Yuri, and Sooyoung talking to each other. Jessica and Tiffany walked in and everyone turned their attentions toward them. Jessica looked at Yuri and then looked away. Yuri frowned at the cold treatment. Tiffany smiled one of her famous eye smiles and looked at Taeyeon.

 

“What’s up?”

 

 Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with a smile and then looked at the suspect in the other room.

 

“Sunny found sweat droplets on the victim’s clothing and had Yoona analyzed it. And the droplets belong to him.” Taeyeon said as she pointed to JaeWan who had a pissed look on his face. He could only see his reflection because the glass window was designed specifically so only one side could be seen while the other side was a mirror.

 

“We are going to have Sooyoung interrogate him to see if we can find any clues.” Yuri said. Jessica and Tiffany nodded.

 

“So did you guys find anything while at the wife’s house?” Taeyeon asked. Jessica looked at Tiffany and they nodded at each other.

 

Tiffany spoke up, “JaeWan and our victim used to be friends until our victim got promoted and JaeWan started to ignore him. Also the wife has said that her husband has been working late and she has stated that she was at home when the murder happened.” Taeyeon, Yuri, and Sooyoung nodded.

 

“So Sooyoung when you talk to him, ask about their relationship.” Jessica ordered.

 

Sooyoung nodded and said, “Okay but I think someone else should come with me to talk to him.” Yuri nodded and offered herself to go.

 

 “Okay let’s go then.” Sooyoung said as she headed for the door to the other room. Yuri followed her, leaving Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Jessica to watch and listen to the conversation.

 

 

Location- Interrogation Room

Time- 12:00 P.M.

 

Sooyoung and Yuri enter the room while maintaining their eyes on the suspect. The suspect looked up and gave the two girls a hateful stare. Both girls took their seats across from him and started opening a vanilla folder. Inside the folder were some records and pictures. Sooyoung grabbed one of the pictures and placed it in front of the suspect. The suspect looked at the pictures of the dead victim and then back at the detectives. “Why are you showing me a picture of him?” he growled as he stared in Sooyoung’s eyes. Yuri looked at Sooyoung and then finally spoke, “Mr. Park where were you at 2 A.M. today?” JaeWan looked from Sooyoung to Yuri and responded, “I was walking home. I stayed at the office working late and decided to go home.”

 

“At 2 in the morning?” Yuri questioned. Sooyoung stayed quiet as she observed the suspect.

 

 “Yes, I have a big project I’m working on and it’s due soon so I decided to stay as long as possible to work on it.” He replied.

 

 Yuri nodded and then said, “When was the last time you saw Eun Song?”

 

The suspect thought about it for a second and then spoke, “When I was on my way home. It was about 1:00 A.M. I was walking on the sidewalk and saw him. He just came out of a club. Drunk. I saw this as an opportunity to tell him how I felt since he wouldn’t remember. I yelled at him a bit and he yelled at me. Soon enough we were wrestling with each other and hitting. Some guys came over and separated us. Then I left him. Alive.”

 

From behind the glass, Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Jessica watched. “That explains the bruises on the victim and the fighting was probably why we found sweat droplets on the victim’s shirt.” Tiffany and Jessica nodded and remain silent to continue hearing the discussion.

 

Sooyoung kept staring at him and while Yuri said, “Why did you fight with him in the first place?”

 

“I wanted to let out my anger I had been holding in for so long. When I saw him drunk at this club I thought of this as the perfect opportunity to take it out since he wouldn’t remember the next day.” He confessed with a serious face.

 

“We’ll have to confirm that you were there. What club was it called?” Sooyoung finally spoke up. He looked from Yuri to Sooyoung.

 

“It’s called ‘The Blues’” he said seriously.

 

Back in the other room, Taeyeon wrote down the name of the club. She handed it to Jessica and said, “Go take this to Hyoyeon so she can get an address and run a history check on JaeWan Park to see if he owns a gun similar to the murder weapon.” Jessica nodded and started walking out of the interrogation room. Only people left in the room was Yuri and Sooyoung on one side of the room with the suspect and on the other side were Taeyeon and Tiffany.  It was quiet in the room. Both looked at each other and then smiled. Taeyeon kept staring at Tiffany as she gave an eye smile towards her. Taeyeon’s cheeks started to blush and she was about to say something when Yuri and Sooyoung walked in the room. Yuri turned her attention towards Sooyoung waiting for her answer.

 

“He is angry and hurt from what I saw but no sign on him from what I observed saying that he killed the victim. His reason was not strong enough to kill, although he hated Eun Song. I believe it was not strong enough to kill him.” Sooyoung reported. 

 

 

Location- Tech Room

Time- 1:00 P.M.

 

They headed towards Hyoyeon to get the location of the club. They went in the office to see Hyoyeon at her desk with her many computer screens, Jessica beside her, and Seohyun with Nicole behind her. “What’s everyone doing here?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“I have the location here of the club” Hyoyeon said as she handed Taeyeon the address, “And as for the weapon history, there is no record that he owns a German automatic pistol. But I did do a history of the employees to see if they owned one…” The girls waited for Hyoyeon to continue. “There is one person who owns one… the manager of SM Bank owns one.”

 

“Manager Han” Taeyeon and Yuri said in unison. All the girls looked at them. Yuri quickly grabbed out her phone and called someone.

 

 

*RING RING RING*

Officer: Hello?

Yuri: Hello? Yes, bring Mr. Han into custody. We need to ask him a few questions.

Officer: Right away, Detective.

*END CALL*

 

 

Everyone looked at Yuri as she ended the call. Jessica looked at Seohyun and Nicole, “Wait why are you guys here?”

 

Seohyun and Nicole looked at each other then Seohyun spoke up, “We have found something else on the body that was unusual. We took a sample and asked Sunny to run a scan on it. She reported back saying it was glitter. Glow glitter.” Nicole nodded and handed a photo to the girls of what the glitter looks like. One wouldn’t be able to tell they had glitter on them unless they were in complete darkness.

 

“Alright, thanks Seohyun and Nicole.” Taeyeon said as she examined the photo.

 

“Well we should probably talk to Mr. Han first” Yuri said. Sooyoung agreed. “Well, while you guys are there Taeyeon, Jessica, and I will go to the club to find out any clues. You guys can meet up with us later.” Tiffany said.

 

“Ugh why do I have to be the only one to face that creepy old man again? Taeyeonieee” Yuri pouted. Everyone laughed at Yuri’s childish act. 

 

“Don’t worry, you have Sooyoung. She is calm.” Taeyeon replied. Everyone except Yuri, Taeyeon, and Sooyoung laughed because they knew Sooyoung was as short tempered as Yuri.

 

“Can I come too?” a voice said as that person came walking in.

 

Everyone turned their heads to see who the owner of the voice. “Yoona? Why?” Seohyun said a little too quickly. Yoona turned her attention to Seohyun, “Well I’m bored. It’s been a bit too quiet for me.” She pouted.  Sooyoung and Hyoyeon giggled.

 

“Sure! We’ll have more back up if needed.” Tiffany exclaimed with her arms up.

 

Yoona smiled at the thought of her going but Seohyun had a little frown on her face knowing her friend was going to a club. She didn’t think it was a big reason but she didn’t like the thought of her friend being hit on other guys or girls.

 

*BEEP*

 

Everyone looked at Yuri. She checked her phone to see what text message she got. She looked at her phone for a minute and then closed it. “Officers have brought Mr. Han here. Sooyoung and I will deal with this old .” Everyone nodded.

 

“Alright, Yoona, Tiffany, Taeyeon and I will go prepare before heading to the club. We will look around to see if we see any clues.” The girls nodded as they started to disperse to their areas.

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Phew! Haha sorry if that seemed a little long. I just get in the moemnt of typing and dont realize how long it gets.

Well to me it seems long. I write these on Word before pasting here just to make sure there isnt any spelling errors and 

it ends up being like 6 PAGES!

Thats almost an essay! Haha.

If only I could get graded on this I would make an A!

 

So I tried to add a little TaeNy and Yoonhyun.

You probably will see more interaction before or after cases 

I just dont want to ruin the flow of the story but I do try to add a little for my readers.

 

Gosh, I'm blushing at ya'lls comments. I love to read them. They encourage me to write more!

I've actually spent a good couple hours writing out more murders.

I've already finished this murder so I started working on another.

I wont give any spoilers about the next one.

 

OH BTW, make sure you pay attention to the time. It's not like crucial importance but events will be occuring at the same time

Sometimes I'll split the team up into two or three groups and events will be occuring at the same time.

I made sure not to be too difficult on this murder but the one I'm currently working on is a little trouble because of the seperate teams.

 

OH MY GOSH THIS A/N IS SOOO LONG! Sorry, haha. If i made any typing errors let me know so i can fix them.

They bother me so I want to fix them. I already found a few.

Haha in the forward I accidently listed Hyomin as one of the character in the description but then I put Nicole instead! XP

I was going to do Sunbyung but I need hyoyeon to be with someone so i decided to do soosun and hyoni. I'll go fix it now so idk if you guys will see it but for those who notice, mianhae :)

 

Anyways comment, suscribe, like it, hate it

(Try to avoid the last) 

AND OMGEEE 50+ suscribers now. You guys are awesome!

 

 

 

Love you guys

Rainy!