Love Disease

Love Disease (One Shot)

Love Disease

Broken!Haemin, onesided!Kyumin

Angst

PG

“The disease where my love is slowly dying

It hurts a little, but I don’t want to get better

Every single memory is erasing

Going back to the times when we were strangers,

I want to rest now”

 

“Sungmin, just stop!”

 

It’s not every day you find Donghae yelling, especially at Sungmin, his beloved Sungmin. Sure, he’s been cold lately to Sungmin, saying things that leave him begging for air as he sobs, ignoring him, glaring, but never had the younger raised his voice. To say the least, it was a surprise to find that morning in the dorm Donghae’s glare set on the ayego king. Members stare shamelessly as their jaws hang slack in shock, eyes wide in confusion.

 

Sungmin eyes glaze over with tears as he stares bewildered at Donghae’s sudden mood. He had been merely talking about planning a date on the rooftop like they did every Wednesday. The rooftop was their sanctuary, where they could get away from fans, from other members, from anything and everything. It was also where Donghae had confessed. 3 years ago, on that very rooftop, Donghae had pulled out a single rose, proclaiming his love for Sungmin the day of their Sorry, Sorry win.

 

“What are you doing out here? The celebration is down there,” Sungmin looked over his shoulder to see Donghae leaning against the door that led to the inside of the building.

 

“It was getting a little stuffy. Besides, the stars are actually beautiful tonight, don’t you think?” Sungmin smiles, oblivious to Donghae’s inner conflict.

 

‘Not as beautiful as you hyung,’ Donghae smiles and shuffles up to Sungmin, his cheeks flushed as he looks up at the stars.

 

‘Give it to him! No, Donghae, stop it! GIVE IT TO HIM! DON’T YOU DARE!’ Sungmin glances over and giggles as he watches Donghae mouth to himself before he finally sighs and looks over, jumping when he catches Sungmin’s eyes.

 

“What are you doing up here Donghae?” Sungmin coughs to hide his laugh when Donghae blushes and looks up like he hadn’t been yelling at himself in his head and caught.

 

‘This is your time! Do it!’ Donghae takes a deep breath and turns to Sungmin.

 

“Hyung,” Donghae calls out.

 

Sungmin turns like he had been expecting Donghae to call to him. Donghae bites his lip and turns around. Sungmin raises an eyebrow and waits for Donghae to turn back around. When he does, Sungmin in a deep breath as he gazes at the item clutched in Donghae’s hands. A single, red rose.

 

“Sungmin-hyung, I really, really, really like you and I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me, but it’s okay if you don’t want to. I understand if you don’t want to, I mean, you probably like someone else, like Kyuhyun-ah, and I completely understand why you would like him more than me and – mph,” Donghae’s eyes bulge as he looks cross-eyed at Sungmin.

 

In that one second peck, Donghae feels like he’s dreaming. The softness of Sungmin’s lips is unbelievable and it’s all natural – no lip balm, just purely Sungmin. Sungmin bites his lip and giggles as Donghae blushes hard and looks down. Sungmin reaches for Donghae’s hand and smiles brightly as Donghae looks up.

 

“Yes Donghae, I would love to go out with you.” Sungmin laughs loudly as Donghae picks him up and spins him around in delight before leaning down and capturing Sungmin’s lips in a passionate kiss. It’s everything he could’ve asked for and better.

 

“Um…okay, I’m sorry,” Sungmin murmurs as his smile dims a little. Guilt invades his system for whatever reason. He doesn’t know what he did wrong.

 

‘Maybe Donghae had a bad day,’ Sungmin thinks as the tension grows within the kitchen.

 

Some drop their heads and decide not to intervene; others leave to escape the suffocating atmosphere while two stare in worry. If one were to watch Sungmin, they would think that he was unaffected by the outburst, but Kyuhyun can tell otherwise. The way his hands barely tremble as he lifts the spoon to his equally trembling lips. Kyuhyun slips a hand under the table and taps Sungmin on the thigh. Sungmin jumps at the contact before he snaps his head in the maknae’s direction.

 

‘Are you okay?’ Kyuhyun mouths, concern sketched on every inch of his face.

 

Sungmin smiles brightly as he grabs Kyuhyun’s hand and gives it a squeeze in reassurance. Kyuhyun frowns – he knows Sungmin isn’t fine and truthfully, Kyuhyun wants to slam Donghae into the table. Sungmin doesn’t deserve this treatment when he did nothing wrong. Donghae catches the moment and throws his spoon into the bowl before he storms out the kitchen, Sungmin quick on his heels.

 

~.~

 

“Why are you like this?!” Sungmin cries as he follows Donghae out the room.

 

Donghae ignores him in favor of getting out. He needs to get out before he does something stupid. The members try to ignore them, not wanting to believe what was going on. Sungmin reaches for Donghae’s wrist only to grasp air. Finally, he throws himself onto Donghae, wrapping his arms around his waist and violently sobs into his back.

 

“Don’t do this,” Sungmin sobs, tightening his hold when Donghae tries to gently pry his fingers away.

 

“Sungmin, you’re making this harder than it has to be,” Donghae sighs before he violently yanks Sungmin’s arms away.

 

Sungmin’s knees buckle and he feels himself fall down, but the pain isn’t there – it’s in his chest. He doesn’t understand. Why?  The members watch intently – it’s hard not to when you have Sungmin breaking down right in front of the door. Donghae sighs and holds Sungmin to his chest despite the repetitive beating and sobs being thrown at it. When Sungmin finally calms down, Donghae pulls back with a grim smile on his face.

 

“We’re through Sungmin,” Donghae looks away bitterly when more tears build up with the kicked-puppy expression adorning Sungmin’s face.

 

“Please, find someone better, someone who won’t hurt you like I have…someone who can erase all the scars I’ve given you,” Donghae whispers before pressing a lingering kiss to Sungmin’s forehead before he stands up and exits the dorm.

 

No, no, no, no, no,” Sungmin moans as he slumps forward and shakes his head.

 

Kyuhyun is the first to move. In a second, he’s at Sungmin’s side with his arms around his hyung as he rocks him back and forth. Sungmin’s tears soak the front of Kyuhyun’s shirt within minutes and don’t show any sign of stopping. Kyuhyun just coo’s and presses gentle kisses into his hair. Ryeowook is next to follow, his hand on his back as he reassures Sungmin. Slowly, one by one, they all go to comfort the male, but never once does Kyuhyun let go.

 

~.~

 

“Why?”

 

Donghae looks up from his bottle with a raised eyebrow. Hyukjae is standing in front of him, arms crossed, eyes shaded and a scowl set on his face. Donghae motions for Hyukjae to sit down and takes another swing from the bottle. Hyukjae sighs, dropping the scowl before he sits in the seat next to Donghae and orders a non-alcoholic drink before taking off his sunglasses. Hyukjae turns to Donghae on the stool and waits for an answer.

 

Donghae heaves a sigh and points to his chest – more specifically, his heart. “There’s a pain, right here. It spreads and spreads and I find myself going ‘How did this happen?’ or ‘Why am I with this man?’. My love faded along with the memories of being happy with him Hyukjae-ah. No man deserves a one sided love,” Donghae mumbles, bringing the bottle to his lips.

 

“No man deserves to be treated like that either. He won’t let go of Kyuhyun,” Hyukjae speaks from around his straw, chewing the end lightly in thought.

 

Hyukjae looks over when Donghae laughs and there s a bright smile on his face. He doesn’t ask, just waits.

 

“There’s already someone there to heal his wounds before they get infected Hyukjae,” Donghae chuckles, grinning cheekily at the annoyed look on Hyukjae’s face.

 

“What about you Hae?” Hyukjae whispers, eyes turning sympathetic.

 

Donghae laughs quietly, bumping shoulders with Hyukjae. “I can never get anything by you can I?” Donghae smiles bitterly before he shakes his head and turns to Hyukjae.

 

“I want to rest now.”