Chapter 39 - Beautiful

Monkey Love Fishy

 

D POV

            We drove up to the dorms and I was surprised to see only Eunhyuk standing there. My heart began to beat faster, was he willing to forgive me now? He had an uneasy look on his face as he walked down the steps. My mouth went dry and I stood there awkwardly.

            He smiled at the hyungs behind me and bowed formally. “Donghae-shi, is it okay if we talked on the porch?” Then he grimaced as if knowing how weird it sounded.

            The hyungs waved me off, and Yesung danced his octopus dance as encouragement. I smiled and nodded at the Monkey. He shoved his hands into his pockets and walked to the back of the dorm.

            “Donghae, we’re really good friends right? And I know that lately we’ve been off our moods and we did unforgivable things to each other. I wanted to apologize. Mianhe. If I knew how hurt you were, I would never do it. But I guess I was upset too and I acted like an idiot. Is it okay if we start again?”

            I walked silently next to him, wondering where this rambling was taking us. He smiled at me bashfully and chuckled nervously. “Erm, I just wanted to say, I’m glad you handled Jessica so well and I am really proud of you for getting out of that mess. I think you’re really brave. So, are you ready to seriously promote Perfection? You’ll be with me in Taiwan. That should be fun. You’ll be my tour guide and expert!”

            There were thoughts whizzing through my head but I didn’t wish to connect them. I didn’t want to think of what he could be implying and then be totally wrong. So I nodded and let him talk on, waiting for him to finally make his point.

            “So, Taiwan is good, but you’ll be filming your drama, and you can’t be with me. Aww, I’m going to miss my Fishy,” he walked closer to me and pouted. Be still and shut up, I ordered my racing heart.

            “Neh, but you’ll have the other members to help you around. You don’t really need me. Ryeowookie’s Chinese is great, and you also have Henry and Zhou Mi,” I tried to dismiss him.

            His mouth twisted and he looked close to saying something when I heard, “Hyung!” We both turned around to see Kyuhyun walking towards us.

 K POV

            I watched from my place behind the cars, listening to the bug I planted on Eunhyuk. I heard him ramble on about apologizing and then twisting off to our promotions for SJM. I rolled my eyes. Using aegyo to get back in his heart won’t work this time, you stupid Monkey.

            “So, Taiwan is good, but you’ll be filming your drama, and you can’t be with me. Aww, I’m going to miss my Fishy,” he said. My ears perked up, waiting for Donghae’s reply.

            “Neh, but you’ll have the other members to help you around. You don’t really need me. Ryeowookie’s Chinese is great, and you also have Henry and Zhou Mi.” Ooohhh, rejected~ I sighed heavily and put away the listening device and went on to Plan B.

            “Hyung!” I called out. The two of them turned and I saw Eunhyuk’s face collapse with relief. Yes, be grateful. “Tonight’s the fireworks festival and I wanted to know if you want to watch with me. The other hyungs left me when I was sleeping.” I pouted and peeked up at my favorite hyung. Donghae looked at me with pity.

            “Araso. Come on, Kyu. Where do you want to go?” he asked me. Success. Maknae powers can make anything happen. I smirked.

            “The rooftop,” I pointed.

            “The rooftop?” he asked. “Why not the Han River?”

            “Cause that’s where they are, and I don’t want to watch with them. They ditched me,” I had to lower my dignity to whining.

            He laughed and ruffled my hair. “Roof it is.” Thank goodness for this crybaby, loving hyung. If it was anyone, they wouldn’t have fell for my aegyo. I led them to the roof and led them to the railing. I silently called Kangin-hyung and told him to get the fireworks ready.

            A powerful boom went off and the two looked out towards the river. I slipped over to my laptop and quietly set up the slide show. The quiet hum of the computer was covered by the loud cracks of the fireworks. When I finished, I set the remote so I could automatically start playing it when I knew the times was right.

            I walked out and locked the doors before Eunhae had any ideas. I was already back in my hiding place when I heard through the bug, “Where’s Kyuhyun?”
E POV

            Donghae looked around after the first few fireworks were over. “Where’s Kyuhyun?” he asked, panicked. I went over to the door and found that it was locked.

            “He left,” I said. This was my time now. I fixed Donghae with what I thought was a serious look. “Donghae, I have something I need to tell you. You’re important to me. And I wanted to make it up to you. Let’s have dinner.” I gestured to the picnic Sungmin and Ryeowook set up. I cursed myself mentally for not confessing yet.

            Donghae sat at the table and brightened when he saw all his favorite foods. I picked up a large piece of the kimbap and stuffed it in his mouth. “Dish ish ood! Oo ade i? You o Wookie?” he asked with his mouth adorably stuffed.

            I laughed. “Ryeowook of course.” He nodded.

            I sat there watching him eat, not sure what to say. At last he looked up at me. “Why aren’t you eating?”

            I smiled at him. “I like watching you eat Donghae. Go on, I’ll eat if you share.” He picked up a piece of the dukbokki and placed it gently in my mouth. I could tell he was still reserved and I racked my brains, trying to find something appropriate to say. I watched him concentrate on his food.

            Happiness started blaring and we both looked up, startled. On the large projection, Kyuhyun’s laptop came to life. A slideshow started and numerous Eunhae moments flashed by. There were times when we were acting silly when we performed; there were clips from variety shows and also more intimate moments.

            I watched his face for his reaction. Tears formed in his eyes and he swallowed. A tiny drop slid down his cheeks and I leaned over to wipe it away. There was a section on all our hugs and dances together. This reminded me painfully of all the fan service we did during Super Shows. The slide show ended and a large notepad replaced the pictures. There was a message from the other members.

            Eunhae,

We love you always. Please don’t let us get in the way of your love. We are forever fifteen and ELFs Prom15e to Bel13ve. Never doubt our support for you.

                                                                        Super Junior~

Umma and appa give our blessing. Don’t worry about the fans. They will love you still. Do not worry about our career, we are fifteen boys who will continue to shine. –KangTeuk

Just don’t get more popular than us! T_T – Hanchul

From the two major antis, we kid when we stop you two. We just want to protect our innocent fans. -YeWon

Hyungs, saranghae. Enjoy the food I prepared and always love each other. Ryeowookie

Ya~ hyungs, this is Kyuhyun. I worked my adorable off trying to get you two together, don’t you dare throw it all away. I don’t do this for just anyone. Kekeke, now enjoy the fireworks! – Kyu

            We simultaneously looked up at the sky and saw two purple flowers blow in the air, scattering to form stars as it sprinkled down towards the river. There were the letters S and J. Pinwheels carted through the sky and we watched as two magnificent rockets shot up and exploded into a million pieces.

            A monkey began to form followed by a heart and a fish. I stood up and pulled Donghae to me. “Lee Donghae, I love you. I always loved you. I was so scared of losing you to Jessica, I shut myself down. I couldn’t face you, knowing soon you would be hers. I’ve loved you since our trainee days. How could I ever let you go?”

            Almost on cue, the screen came to life and Donghae’s Beautiful began to play.

You’re like a queen and beautiful

I just can’t be without you girl~

            “I just can’t be without you, Donghae.”

            I stepped up to him and we linked hands. I pressed our foreheads together and stared into his eyes.

            “Monkey Love Fishy,” I whispered.

            “Fishy Loves Monkey.” 

 

LAME ENDING. Mianhe for all those I disappointed. 

My baby's done... Monkey Emoticons

BUT THERE'S A SEQUEL AND THERE'S ALSO THIS: Monkey Winks Yoyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0zyf_4d6y4&feature=BFa&list=PL277E4A46A63B59DF&index=26&shuffle=637430 Beautiful~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxEd8SgbcKc ♥