Chapter 2 - Things Happen at Night...

Monkey Love Fishy

 

E POV

            “Bonamana has won the Song of the Year!” the MC announced out loud. I felt tears begin to build in my eyes. All our hard work has once more paid off. Embarrassed, and expecting it, my tears began to fall. Aish, I always do this. I always cry so easily. I felt someone come near me. Sungmin, it must be Sungmin-hyung. He always comforts me when I cry.

            But instead the arms that come around me were stronger, and the scent was different. It smelled like leather and freshly mowed grass, not Sungmin’s normal cologne. I pressed my face into his body and tried to control my tears. “Shh, it’s okay,” he said. I froze. It was Donghae.

            I picked my head up to stare at him. His kind face smiled down on me, and the laughter in his eyes was replaced by a gentle look of concern. I wanted to memorize this face but my tears came harder. I wanted to tell how much I loved him, but I was too scared of rejection. I could only hear the loud thump thump of my heart, and forgot about the chaos of our members celebrating our award. Then, Sungmin and Ryeowook came, with their arms outstretched and hugged me, used to this ritual of comforting me whenever I cried. The moment was broken.

            Donghae let go of me, and I saw a glimpse of his face, disappointment was etched on it. I frowned, confused. What could possibly have caused this? Then I saw SNSD’s Jessica being hugged by Seung Gi. Of course. Donghae and his on and off girlfriend, Jessica. Of course he would be disappointed that it wasn’t him hugging her. I bit my lips and shook off the sadness that fell over me.

            That night, I was staring at the ceiling of my room. Sungmin was next to me, snoring softly into his bunny. I tossed and turned, wondering what Donghae was doing in his dorm on  the floor above. I heard Kyuhyun come in and sit on Sungmin’s bed. They began murmuring and giggling softly. To give them privacy, I discreetly rolled out of bed and walked out to our sitting room.

It was a pretty cold night and I forgot to bring a blanket. I shivered and pulled my legs around me. Soft footsteps echoed down the hallway and stopped before the couch.

“Aish, look at you. What are you doing out here all alone? With no blanket?” Donghae asked me.

I opened my eyes and squinted at him. He was in his Nemo pajamas and looked like a little kid, holding blankets and a teddy bear. I sat up and he slid in next to me. “Why are you here?” I inquired, truly shocked at his sudden appearance.

He shrugged. “Kangteuk decided to invade our rooms and kicked me out. So I decided to come to sleep here.” I laughed softly. “Kyumin kicked me out too!” Donghae pulled me down onto the couch. “Sleep with me,” he begged. “I’m cold, and there’s only one blanket.” I rolled my eyes at his aegyo and snuggled into the blanket. He flung an arm around me and I froze.

This was what I dreamed of last night, that this would happen. So why was I so freaked? Because I don’t believe in dreams coming true. “Donghae-ah, what are you doing?”

He blinked at me innocently. “You’re my huge teddy bear. Now shush. I wanna sleep.”

I turned and felt the delicious weight of his arm around me. Slowly, I drifted off to sleep.

D POV

            I had to admit, I was shocked to see Eunhyuk lying on the couch. Kangin-hyung came into the room and Leeteuk-hyung asked me to go sleep with Hanchul. But I knew that wasn’t going to happen, so I left to go to the couch. Instead, I found my Hyukkie. My heart started beating and I knew that this was an answer to my prayers. I stood in front of him and he stared up at me.

            When I put my arm around him, I did it tentatively. I didn’t want to scare him or give him any indication of what I was thinking of. He turned around and asked, “Donghae-ah, what are you doing?” There was annoyance in his voice, and I recoiled slightly. But I firmly said, “You’re my huge teddy bear. Now shush. I wanna sleep,” trying to put as much cuteness into my voice.

            He sighed and we both drifted to sleep. In the morning, we were woken by a surprise yell.

            “Ya! Look what we have here! So Eunhae is true!” I opened my eyes. It was the obnoxious Kangin-hyung. I saw that my legs were slightly on top of Eunhyuk’s and my arm was still around him.

            Eunhyuk slowly opened his eyes and glared at the loud intruder. I saw him look, panicked, at the arm and leg around him and sat up abruptly. “Kangin-hyung! No, we were just sleeping because we were kicked out of our rooms,” he stammered.

            Kangin gave us a mischievous look and smirked. “We all know about Eunhae. You don’t need to hide anything. We all support you! Eunhae hwaiting!”

            I kept quiet, not wanting to hear any more of Eunhyuk’s protests. Gosh, they hurt me so much. Why was he so against this? If he was now, there was no way I could confess to him my true feelings. He got up and the couch became too wide, and too cold. I sat up and walked into the bathroom.

            When we all had breakfast, my phone beeped with a text. All the members just continued doing their thing while Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk looked over curiously. Who would text me so early in the morning?

            Oppa! I missed you. We should hang out soon~ Bring Eunhyuk-oppa and Kyuhyun-oppa. I’ll bring Seohyun and Sooyoung. We’ll meet at the Sundae Café, in one hour! Xoxo –Sica

“Who is it? You’re girllllfriendddd?” I looked up and saw Kyuhyun and his evil smirk. “Yeah, Donghae, who was it?” This time it was Hyukkie attacking me.

            I sighed. “It’s Jessica. She wants me to bring you two with me to the Sundae Café. To hang out. Apparently she has Sooyoung and Seohyun too.”

            Eunhyuk’s face hardens. “Is she trying to set us on a date? Babo. And she should have brought Yoona. We know our Baby Kyu likes Yoona best,” he punched the maknae’s shoulder.

            I shrugged. “Let’s just go and see what happens.”

 

 

LIA! YOU SAW THAT MENTION OF HANCHUL :D